The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1661  
Old 11-19-2017, 08:56 PM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 3,684
Thank you Duc et Pair for these infos.... amazing !
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1662  
Old 11-19-2017, 09:39 PM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
His rightful heritage? By right of what? Until 2007 Nicholas Medforth-Mills was no member of the former Royal House, no dynast and no successor. Only when King Michael decided to leave the Constitution of the Kingdom of Romania (on which his own kingship was vested and for which he made a solemn promise to maintain and to defend as King), his children and grandchildren were added.

With the same ease the former King removed his daughter Princess Irina from the succession because of alleged misdemeanours. With the same ease he removed his two American grandchildren from said succession, for no other reason than to be punished for their mother alleged misdemeanours.

We did not hear any protest from "Prince Nicolae" about this harsh and unfair treatment to his American cousins. Apparently he also accepted that his grandfather, for decades living in Switzerland, has the power to make, to create and to break indeed, purely by personal will and pleasure.

When HE himself came in more serious problems than his completely innocent and blame-free American cousins, he really can not have been too surprised with the consequence of the mess he made of his private life despite being a public person of which many people had expections.

Anyway, for law Nicholas has zero "rightful heritage". Any Swiss or Romanian Judge will say: "Mr Medforth-Mills, in the Confederation of Helvetica / the Republic of Romania there is no such thing as a "Prince of Romania" or a hereditary succesion to a throne. We have no jurisdiction about your so-called "rightful heritage".
These sorts of posts come across as the most obvious sorts of attempts at disinformation.

King Michael told the author of "An Unfinished Reign" (French book) in the early nineties that Nicholas might one day be called to serve Romania in a royal capacity. Queen Anne was extremely supportive of the King changing the succession laws so that their daughters and grandchildren could be dynasts. You, dear Duc et Pair (or Henri M, whichever you prefer), may think otherwise - but I tend to side with what the King himself expressly stated to others before his entourage was infiltrated by an unsavoury character.

As to the legality of Nicholas' rightful heritage, if the King did not sign the 2015 decision revoking Nicholas' rank and position, or if the King was not aware of the contents of the document that he was signing, then there has not ceased to be an HRH Prince Nicholas of Romania since 2010...regardless of the wishes of Tante Margarita and her husband. [This is a matter, which, if you would like to be more accurate in your depiction of events, you might want to consult the Romanian press itself, which has certainly started carrying this narrative as a result of the events of late.]

It would have been wiser for the couple to wait until the King actually died before putting Nicholas out. Then, Margarita could claim that she was acting under her authority as Head of the Royal House per the 2007 Statutes. However, the Crown Princess and Prince Radu apparently could not wait that long, which is costing them immense support in the long term. The Romanian press would not be reigniting the issue of Radu's Securitate past if this was not the case. This issue last popped up during his ill-fated 2009 presidential campaign, which baffled most supporters in Romania of the Royal family due to one of its (non-dynastic but most visible) member's foray into partisan politics.

Fortunately for the Crown Princess and her husband, though, Prince Radu has spent many years cultivating the favour of the currently ruling political parties in Romania. His father, Dr Rene Duda, was an official in the Romanian Communist Party in Iasi, and, naturally, after the Revolution, most Communist politicians suddenly changed their stripes and adopted new political labels to allow them to attain office. In exile, King Michael constantly stuck to remaining above the political fray. However, Radu actively worked as a "special representative" of Romanian governments whose parties had actively opposed the return of King Michael to his nation in the early 1990s.

If the bill before Parliament successfully passes, then the King's grandson Nicholas will quite definitely have legal recourse to appeal what has taken place since 2015. You might want to read the legislation and understand its implications before trying to out-right dismiss the matter. You consistently remind people in this particular family's forum that they should not view the Romanians through totally Western eyes; which is actually quite wise, because doing so would allow them to consider that there might indeed be rather byzantine intrigues that have been going on surrounding the Royal House of Romania.
__________________

__________________
Sii forte.
Reply With Quote
  #1663  
Old 12-01-2017, 03:31 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,992
On November 2nd, Nicholas and Alina Maria visited a concert of classical music, organized by the Romanian Cultural Institute in London. The event was dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the birth of the Romanian pianist and composer Dean Lipatti and is part of the program of the Enescu Concert Institute.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

On November 28th, Nicholas and Alina Maria visited a classical music concert in London in Cadogan Hall in honor of the National Day of Romania (December 1). This event was also organized in honor of the 100th anniversary of the birth of the Romanian pianist and composer Dean Lipatti and is part of the program of the Enescu Concert Institute. Nicholas and Alina Maria at the photo with pianist Alexandra Dariescu who performed at the concert with Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1664  
Old 12-03-2017, 03:55 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,992
Nicholas posted this nice photo of him with his grandfather to his Facebook some days ago
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...62&oe=5ACCDA46
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1665  
Old 12-03-2017, 05:02 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 1,420
I still cannot see nor understand what would be so scandalous about this young man´ s life, who still does engagements for Romania even if he doesn´ t have to, to strip him from his royal title and ban him from succession.....!?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1666  
Old 12-03-2017, 05:16 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 7,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
I still cannot see nor understand what would be so scandalous about this young man´ s life, who still does engagements for Romania even if he doesn´ t have to, to strip him from his royal title and ban him from succession.....!?
He does no engagements for Romania. He is seen in public events as the private person (or celebbie) Nicholas Medforth-Mills. Nothing official for Romania or the former Royal House. Last week the four Princesses (including his mother) received the Corps Diplomatique -the foreign Ambassadors- in the former Royal Palace in Bucharest. That was official.

There is a byzantyne struggle under monarchists: a group (realos) which says that Romania will never become a monarchy again and that the former royal family should make the best arrangements for recognition and to develop a meaningful role for it (the camp of Michael, the four Princesses and Radu Duda). The other camp, the fundis, are fiercely against any arrangement with the Republic. They want to topple down the republican form of state and re-install the monarchy. Quite loud and fierce "monarchists" are in that camp.

Nicholas felt out of grace because of alleged private misconduct or misdemeanour, in the eyes of his family. All not too dramatic in my Western eyes but... the "monarchists" (the fundis) see in him their new hero in their quest against the "appeasement" policy by the former Royal House: with the new arrangement with the State of Romania, the former royal family de facto buries the quest for a restoration. Not de jure, but certainly de facto.

When Nicholas has been too friendly with some loud voices from the fundis (and everything is possible: Nicholas is estranged, young, foreign, can become too close to figures with an own agenda, etc.) then something can happen which is simply unacceptable for the former royal family. We have seen these fundis, the "monarchists" using Nicholas as a pawn in a campaign against Princess Margareta and Radu Duda, traitors of the monarchist cause in their eyes.

It is possible that Nicholas has -when the conflict was still small- made a few faux-pas by taking distance from Princess Margareta. Just a guess. That is unforgiveable in their eyes because for years and years they have worked so hard to agree an arrangement with the State (in the eyes of the fundis, thát is unforgiveable, treason almost).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1667  
Old 12-03-2017, 08:40 PM
LadyRohan's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden, Slovenia
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
These sorts of posts come across as the most obvious sorts of attempts at disinformation.

King Michael told the author of "An Unfinished Reign" (French book) in the early nineties that Nicholas might one day be called to serve Romania in a royal capacity. Queen Anne was extremely supportive of the King changing the succession laws so that their daughters and grandchildren could be dynasts. You, dear Duc et Pair (or Henri M, whichever you prefer), may think otherwise - but I tend to side with what the King himself expressly stated to others before his entourage was infiltrated by an unsavoury character.

As to the legality of Nicholas' rightful heritage, if the King did not sign the 2015 decision revoking Nicholas' rank and position, or if the King was not aware of the contents of the document that he was signing, then there has not ceased to be an HRH Prince Nicholas of Romania since 2010...regardless of the wishes of Tante Margarita and her husband. [This is a matter, which, if you would like to be more accurate in your depiction of events, you might want to consult the Romanian press itself, which has certainly started carrying this narrative as a result of the events of late.]

It would have been wiser for the couple to wait until the King actually died before putting Nicholas out. Then, Margarita could claim that she was acting under her authority as Head of the Royal House per the 2007 Statutes. However, the Crown Princess and Prince Radu apparently could not wait that long, which is costing them immense support in the long term. The Romanian press would not be reigniting the issue of Radu's Securitate past if this was not the case. This issue last popped up during his ill-fated 2009 presidential campaign, which baffled most supporters in Romania of the Royal family due to one of its (non-dynastic but most visible) member's foray into partisan politics.

Fortunately for the Crown Princess and her husband, though, Prince Radu has spent many years cultivating the favour of the currently ruling political parties in Romania. His father, Dr Rene Duda, was an official in the Romanian Communist Party in Iasi, and, naturally, after the Revolution, most Communist politicians suddenly changed their stripes and adopted new political labels to allow them to attain office. In exile, King Michael constantly stuck to remaining above the political fray. However, Radu actively worked as a "special representative" of Romanian governments whose parties had actively opposed the return of King Michael to his nation in the early 1990s.

If the bill before Parliament successfully passes, then the King's grandson Nicholas will quite definitely have legal recourse to appeal what has taken place since 2015. You might want to read the legislation and understand its implications before trying to out-right dismiss the matter. You consistently remind people in this particular family's forum that they should not view the Romanians through totally Western eyes; which is actually quite wise, because doing so would allow them to consider that there might indeed be rather byzantine intrigues that have been going on surrounding the Royal House of Romania.
I find myself in complete agreement with this very clear overview of the situation, and legal intricacies aside, whatever comes after the establishment of the Royal House as an entity in itself under the headship of the Crown Princess, the good things that would have come out of this will be, and are already to quite some degree in Romanian media, overshadowed by the clear rift in the family.
One might say that Nicholas should have accepted the decision of the King, but to then follow that with the very illogical reasoning that the King had no authority to elevate Nicholas to the rank of Prince in the first place, it becomes difficult to follow the former point to conclusion.

One could always spend time claiming to have knowledge of how the Crown Princess, Prince Radu or any other member of the Royal Family reasons around the future and what they envisage for themselves and Romania, but it seems scurrilous at best, and frankly slanderous at worst. The Royal Family, through the Crown Princess in several interviews and at public forums in the last few years has made it very, very clear that they are in Romania to serve its people in whatever capacity asked. If Romania does not wish the monarchy restored, they won't ask for it, and if they do, they are ready and willing to serve. I don't really see how those words can be construed in any other way, unless it is to serve a specific agenda that really has little to do with facts, and more to do with undermining the Royal House with Trump-ian 'truths'. To do that might be entertaining to some, but it provides neither honesty to the discussion, nor decency to the level of discourse.

Naturally anyone is free to disagree with the role of the Royal Family in Romania, and whether or not Nicholas himself should be included in its future, but as long as one contests the right of the blood Princess to succeed their father to the headship of the family when that time comes, it eludes me how the discussion around the Kings grandson can be relevant. Clearly he is neither legitimate as an heir or a person of any interest to those who believe the defunct, German constitutional arrangements of the pre-war days is still the go-to for any royal future in Romania? It therefore strikes me as odd that any threads around the Hohenzollern influences in Romania are so eerily quiet, when they ‘clearly’ should be legitimately buzzing.

Oh wait .. I guess I do know why after all.
__________________
"He who has never failed to reach perfection, has a right to be the harshest critic" - Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #1668  
Old 12-04-2017, 01:58 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Omaha, United States
Posts: 1,810
The Hohenzollens, even if they really are the legitimate and rightful successors, have made it abundantly clear, they are not interested in taking over in Romania from the present Royal Family. The Hohenzollerns are totally out of the picture as far as they are concerned. I can't say that I blame them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1669  
Old 12-04-2017, 05:06 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 7,309
I wonder why the Hohenzollerns suddenly pop up again in this discussion. It has been quiet for months about them. When the former Royal House has succeed in a "deal" with the State of Romania, then the Hohenzollerns are definitely out of sight, or there must be a surprise engagement of Elizabeth Medforth-Mills with Prince Alexander of Hohenzollern (the Hereditary Prince).

When the Parliament of Romania agrees with the Bill which arranges the status of the former Royal House, then the House of Hohenzollern is history (of course the five Princesses are Hohenzollerns by birth, but okay, that aside).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1670  
Old 12-04-2017, 01:37 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
He does no engagements for Romania. He is seen in public events as the private person (or celebbie) Nicholas Medforth-Mills. Nothing official for Romania or the former Royal House. Last week the four Princesses (including his mother) received the Corps Diplomatique -the foreign Ambassadors- in the former Royal Palace in Bucharest. That was official.

There is a byzantyne struggle under monarchists: a group (realos) which says that Romania will never become a monarchy again and that the former royal family should make the best arrangements for recognition and to develop a meaningful role for it (the camp of Michael, the four Princesses and Radu Duda). The other camp, the fundis, are fiercely against any arrangement with the Republic. They want to topple down the republican form of state and re-install the monarchy. Quite loud and fierce "monarchists" are in that camp.

Nicholas felt out of grace because of alleged private misconduct or misdemeanour, in the eyes of his family. All not too dramatic in my Western eyes but... the "monarchists" (the fundis) see in him their new hero in their quest against the "appeasement" policy by the former Royal House: with the new arrangement with the State of Romania, the former royal family de facto buries the quest for a restoration. Not de jure, but certainly de facto.

When Nicholas has been too friendly with some loud voices from the fundis (and everything is possible: Nicholas is estranged, young, foreign, can become too close to figures with an own agenda, etc.) then something can happen which is simply unacceptable for the former royal family. We have seen these fundis, the "monarchists" using Nicholas as a pawn in a campaign against Princess Margareta and Radu Duda, traitors of the monarchist cause in their eyes.

It is possible that Nicholas has -when the conflict was still small- made a few faux-pas by taking distance from Princess Margareta. Just a guess. That is unforgiveable in their eyes because for years and years they have worked so hard to agree an arrangement with the State (in the eyes of the fundis, thát is unforgiveable, treason almost).

I didn´t claim his appearances were "official royal engagements"! Still he´s doing "romanian-related" things where he and his finceé are obviously invited as "special guests" (sitting in the front row at an event, photo call with artists afterwards etc)!
In the first year after he was treated so disgracefully, after doing such a fine job for the RF, Nicholas hardly ever has been seen anywhere while this seems to change since a couple of months now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1671  
Old 12-05-2017, 01:04 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 7,309
I stand corrected. We will see how things will evolve now Princess Margareta, the "Custodian of the Crown" is the ultimate chief.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1672  
Old 12-13-2017, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,135
It is very interesting how the journalists that speak about the King'sFamily these days are not very sure how to speak about Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills. They prefer to say that he is the King's grandson avoiding possible titles or comments about recent events of the family.The royalists must be happy to see the popular grandson of the King.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1673  
Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,135
Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills met the people in front of the Royal Palace saying he will be back and he will remain close to the people and the country as his grandfather:


http://stiri.tvr.ro/fostul-principe-...oi_825846.html


https://www.flux24.ro/nicolae-anunt-...as-vin-inapoi/

http://m.adevarul.ro/news/eveniment/...953/index.html

https://www.realitatea.net/fostul-pr...l_2127827.html
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
prince nicolae, royal family of romania


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HSH Prince Hans-Adam II (1945- ) and HSH Princess Marie (1940- ) Mandy Princely Family of Liechtenstein 131 11-22-2017 02:23 AM
Prince Nicholas (son of Ferdinand and Marie) (1903-1978) Johan The Royal Family of Romania 18 08-10-2016 10:49 PM
Prince William's Suitability to be King CharlotteAmalia The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 860 05-23-2016 12:58 AM
Prince of Wales - Title, Succession and Wales Jo of Palatine British Royals 88 01-01-2014 08:59 AM




Popular Tags
austria birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of cambridge eveningwear earl of snowdon family french general news gloucester hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta margarita infanta sofia italy ińaki urdangarín juan urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy morgan news nobel 2017 prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince liam prince nicholas prince oscar prince sebastian princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary casual style princess mary current events princess of asturias princess sofia princess sofia eveningwear princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathildes hats queen maxima queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge fashion vatican victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises