The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Romania

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-25-2013, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

HRH Prince Nicolae will return to Craiova on the 31st of May representing HM the King who will be declared Honour Citizen of Craiova:

Ora de Dolj – Ora de Stiri din Dolj – Stiri din Craiova si din Oltenia » ASR Principele Nicolae revine la Craiova, pentru a primi Titlul de Cet

HRH Prince Nicolae was in Craiova to represent HM the King (a new honorary citizen of Craiova):

Regele Mihai a devenit astazi Cetatean de Onoare al Craiovei - Gazeta de Sud - Stiri din Craiova si Oltenia - 31 Mai 2013

Regele Mihai I, Cet

The Prince visited also Calarasi after Craiova.

HRH Prince Nicolae visited also Poiana Mare:

His Royal Highness ~ Revista A

Old 06-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Royal Highness

Things have been quiet lately for the prince!

Old 06-13-2013, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

HRH Prince Nicolae will participate today together with his uncle at the presentation of the book" Monarchies of the XXIst Century" at the "Carol I" National University Library:

Lansarea volumului "Monarhiile Secolului XXI"
Old 06-17-2013, 07:54 AM
Heir Apparent

HRH Prince Nicolae at National Planes Rally:

Principele Nicolae la Raliul Aerian al României | Romania. Altfel
Old 07-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Heir Apparent

HRH Prince Nicolae at the traditional Elegant Cars Competition:

http://www.digi24.ro/stire/Eleganta-...l-Peles_114241

http://stiri.tvr.ro/cele-mai-vechi-v...ideo.html#view

http://www.primatv.ro/stiri-focus/is...ru-roti-1.html

http://www.princeradublog.ro/jurnal/...29-iunie-2013/

Familia Regala - Activitati curente
Old 07-05-2013, 05:12 AM
Heir Apparent

HRH Prince Nicolae volunteer for a week at Tasuleasa Social campus:

http://www.bistriteanul.ro/video--fo...017977516.html

http://stiri.tvr.ro/principele-nicol...ideo.html#view

FOTO Principele Nicolae al României a l

The Prince is very close to the people and now speaks a quite good Romanian.

Even if he ended his week of volunteer at Tasuleasa Social, HRH Prince Nicolae is ready to return in this natural "paradise":

Principele Nicolae a promis c
Old 07-05-2013, 05:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
HRH Prince Nicolae volunteer for a week at Tasuleasa Social campus:

FOTO Principele Nicolae al României a l
Thanks for sharing! This is a great read (after translation).

It was great to see HRH in "street clothes" or "everyday clothes" for once. We see him in suits all the time -change is nice every once in awhile and it is nice to see his more relaxed side during volunteer work.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Prince Nicolae has been hiking in Transylvania recently. He has been hiking for a week in the district of Bistrita-Năsăud with a group young people from the association "Social Tăşuleasa", whose aim is to make more young people aware of the environment. Here is an article with photos from Noblesse & Royautes:

Google Translate
Old 07-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

HRH Prince Nicolae is visiting the province of Tulcea and especially the city of Sulina meeting the local authorities and noticing the situation of the Danube Delta:

Radio Constan?a - (AUDIO) Principele Nicolae viziteaz? Delta Dun?rii ?i ora?ul Sulina

Visit to the Danube Delta:

FOTO Principele Nicolae, în vizit
Old 07-30-2013, 07:06 AM
Heir Apparent

The chief editor of "Adevarul" newspaper says the only solution for the restoration of Monarchy is a campaign to promote Prince Nicholas:

Cum poate monarhia s
Old 07-31-2013, 05:32 AM
Heir Apparent

HRH Prince Nicolae represented his grandfather, HM the King, at Bucharest International Air Show at Baneasa:

Spectacolul aviatic interna

http://www.familiaregala.ro/news/368...how-%EF%BF%BD/
Old 08-19-2013, 04:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Nicolae speaks Romanian and quite well.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Prince Nicolae speaks Romanian and quite well.
".....is currently learning to speak Romanian" is not the same as "speaks Romanian and quite well".
In 2012, he stated he would move in Romania. We don't know that even happened yet. He was not brought up to be a Romanian and had very few ties to Romania until last year.

Please carefully verify your sources of information before posting on a public board.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_..._%28b._1985%29
Old 08-19-2013, 09:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie View Post
".....is currently learning to speak Romanian" is not the same as "speaks Romanian and quite well".
In 2012, he stated he would move in Romania. We don't know that even happened yet. He was not brought up to be a Romanian and had very few ties to Romania until last year.

Please carefully verify your sources of information before posting on a public board.

Prince Nicholas of Romania (b. 1985) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Perhaps it would be better not to try and contradict others about the veracity of their information by posting a link to a *Wikipedia* article.

If one cared to do a simple Google search, one would find that Prince Nicholas has indeed been living in Romania since at least the beginning of 2013. During this time, he has frequently mixed with the Romanian public in both official and unofficial capacities. The prince has answered questions posted to him by the press and made speeches at certain occasions.

There are so many sources to prove his residency and his ability to communicate in the language that there is not enough time to post them all.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Nobility

I beg to differ. You say he can communicate in the language, however:
1. he could not speak Romanian in 2012, as per his interview.
2. there's no source to support your claim. I supported mine with an official, updated Wikipedia page. Do you have any credible source to support yours?
3. you missed the whole point of the language-speaking discussion, which was that he had not been brought up to be a Romanian, but is rather taking an opportunity to make himself a name in Romania at the present.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:50 PM
Serene Highness

1. That was a year ago.

(Feb 2013)

(Jul 2013)

Things change.

2. No sources, eh? See above videos. Maybe it would be better to search for Romanian language sources instead of relying solely on those available in English.

PS - Referring to Wikipedia as a "credible source" might be a teeny tiny bit of a stretch.

3. On the contrary, the gist of the comments about the supposed inability of Prince Nicholas to speak any Romanian was not lost on me. I just believe the derogatory comments were ill-informed, pointless and petty. The vast majority of Romanians know that the prince is the grandson and eventual heir of King Michael so there is obviously no need for Nicholas to "make a name for himself."
Old 08-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Nobility

Oh, yeah, he can smile for the camera, shake hands, nod, but speak Romanian? As far as I could tell, mostly English-sounding words. In the first clip, the students address him in English. Who knows, maybe with him at the reign, Romania's official language could be English and solve the controversy.

HRH Prince Nicolae did not care enough to learn the language until 27, his parents did not bother to hire him a tutor to teach him the language of his country, of a country he was supposed to rule and he wants to claim the throne? To me, this clearly spells opportunism. That is in addition to the fact that he has not even lived in the country until last year, although he could have done so since he was 4.

Very disappointing for Romanians, who are neither stupid, nor ignorant and who may well remember that Queen Maria, Ferdinand's wife learned Romanian before even entering the kingdom of Romania, as a young bride (she was English born and bred).

Whatever the people of Romania may decide, but I believe they do deserve better than this.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Oh, yeah, he can smile for the camera, shake hands, nod, but speak Romanian? As far as I could tell, mostly English-sounding words. In the first clip, the students address him in English. Who knows, maybe with him at the reign, Romania's official language could be English and solve the controversy.
As the videos were posted in chronological order, the first clip was when he had first moved to the country. If you actually listen to all of them from oldest to newest, which presumably you did, you can discern that Prince Nicholas has made progress in his ability to converse in the language. As the visits that the prince pays to various organizations would probably last around half an hour, Nicholas would clearly have to do more than "smile for the camera, shake hands, and nod" to survive; at the least, he has to be able to comprehend what his hosts are saying to him.

Quote:
HRH Prince Nicolae did not care enough to learn the language until 27, his parents did not bother to hire him a tutor to teach him the language of his country, of a country he was supposed to rule and he wants to claim the throne? To me, this clearly spells opportunism. That is in addition to the fact that he has not even lived in the country until last year, although he could have done so since he was 4.
The law of succession that enabled Nicholas to become a dynast and Prince was only enacted by King Michael in 2007, and it was not until 2009 (on his 25th birthday) that the King allowed for his grandson to assume the princely title and style. That his grandson would eventually succeed as the Head of the Royal House of Romania is the wish of His Majesty. Prince Nicholas finished his studies in Business Management at Royal Holloway, University of London in 2012 and moved to Romania in 2013.

Good for you if the desire of the grandson of King Michael to move to what he views as his country, a nation the family was *banned* from entering until 1992 (not 1989), to serve the Romanian people spells opportunism.

Quote:
Very disappointing for Romanians, who are neither stupid, nor ignorant and who may well remember that Queen Maria, Ferdinand's wife learned Romanian before even entering the kingdom of Romania, as a young bride (she was English born and bred).
If we are going to deal in technicalities, then Queen Marie was certainly British born, but she was thoroughly *German* bred.

Quote:
Whatever the people of Romania may decide, but I believe they do deserve better than this.
Then what would you suggest? That it would be best that they continue with the "native" Romanian republican system that is serving them so well? Basescu is a buffoon.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

The Romanians have never decided to abolish Monarchy!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:22 AM
Aristocracy

as a professional research librarian with a master's degree in library science, I can state categorically that Wikipedia IS NOT the source to quote for information. I can make a Wiki page about you and put whatever I want. Also ... Google is a search engine, not a RESEARCH engine. Nicholas as certainly made great progress in learning Romanian. It should be noted that King Michael did not speak Romanian to his children when they grew up.
Quote:
I beg to differ. You say he can communicate in the language, however:
1. he could not speak Romanian in 2012, as per his interview.
2. there's no source to support your claim. I supported mine with an official, updated Wikipedia page. Do you have any credible source to support yours?
3. you missed the whole point of the language-speaking discussion, which was that he had not been brought up to be a Romanian, but is rather taking an opportunity to make himself a name in Romania at the present.

Tags
prince nicolae, royal family of romania