The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Romania

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-15-2016, 10:13 PM
Royal Highness

Nicoleta Cīrjan gave birth to a daughter, Iris Anna, on 9 February in Bucharest.

It's a girl for Nicoleta and Nicholas?

Fetița lui Nicolae s-a născut. ”Eram aproape să o pierdem”

Old 02-16-2016, 08:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Happy for them !!!!!

Old 02-16-2016, 09:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Happy for them !!!!!
For them?

So far it is a one-sided story by the mother. The father is not in the picture, I understood.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Nicoleta Cīrjan gave birth to a daughter, Iris Anna, on 9 February in Bucharest.

It's a girl for Nicoleta and Nicholas?

Fetița lui Nicolae s-a născut. ”Eram aproape să o pierdem”
Nicholas has already confirmed that the daughter is it?
Old 02-16-2016, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

No, nobody has ever confirmed anything.
Not even Miss Cirjan has ever openly said that the baby is Nicholas' daughter, if I don't mistake.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

It is all very vague indeed.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
No, nobody has ever confirmed anything.
Not even Miss Cirjan has ever openly said that the baby is Nicholas' daughter, if I don't mistake.
Maybe something got lost in translation, but I've always taken the original article that broke the story to have read that she denied he was the father. 24Flux said they believed their sources and broke the story anyway.

This is how google translates it.

"It is also responsible sources FLUX 24 say the father as King Michael's nephew, Nicholas. A week ago, FLUX 24 to contact her Nicoleta Cirjan to rebut or not our information. It denied the information and as such FLUX 24 decided to make them public."

EXCLUSIV/ FLUX 24 dezvăluie SECRETUL alungării Prințului Nicolae: Un copil nedorit de Casa Regală și BĂTĂLIA PENTRU AVERE

Also their source suggested Nicholas said the baby was a boy last summer, which was way to early to know. They also used info she blogged online later, in which never named a father, as if Nicholas was the father and the baby she calls a girl was his. Nicoleta Cirjan was shown in a picture with Nicholas at bikefest on May 31.

A week ago on Feb 6, the media again takes from her blog, which does not name a father just that he is not interested in being involved and thus does not exist as far as Nicoleta is concerned. But they treat it like it is a known fact that it is Nicholas's child even though that has not been confirmed. The info on her blog again contradicts recent stories from the media which said Nicholas was back in Romania for the birth of his child.

https://translate.google.ca/translat...ml&prev=search

If she does indeed think it his baby despite the denial, then the only way it pieces together is if he has not shown an interest in the baby so far to Nicoleta because he doesn't think it is his and he is back for the birth to get a paternity test.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:55 PM
Serene Highness

DNA testing will resolve the issue once and for all as I've said earlier. It sounds like the mother has a lot of anger towards the father of her child by the comments that she's posted.

Unless Nicholas was fairly certain that the baby was his or there was a high probability that he was the father, why would he come back to Romania to get a paternity test. Couldn't a paternity test be done anywhere in the world.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:08 PM
Nobility

Nicoleta Cirjan has announced that she gave birth to a daughter Iris Anna on February 9th. No father has been named.

Planul de naČ™tere de acasă nu se potriveČ™te cu cel de la maternitate | Spirala Colorata
Old 02-18-2016, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
[...] Couldn't a paternity test be done anywhere in the world.
A serious paternity test needs to be done according international protocol. The best is that qualified staff takes DNA according strictest guidelines, sends it to a special laboratorium qualified for this sort of investigations. The best is when the mother and the alleged father follow exact the same procedure at the same lab, to avoid any chance on discussion.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

IMO the DNA test is somehow a faux problčme. I mean, as long as Miss Cirjan doesn't name the father of her daughter and the father (whoever he is) doesn't deny that he is the father of the baby, then I can't see why anyone should undertake the DNA test.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
IMO the DNA test is somehow a faux problčme. I mean, as long as Miss Cirjan doesn't name the father of her daughter and the father (whoever he is) doesn't deny that he is the father of the baby, then I can't see why anyone should undertake the DNA test.
I completely agree - a child has been born, the mother has not named the father, a person named/suggested/rumoured by the press to be the father has said nothing. A DNA test doesn't come into this at all!
Old 02-19-2016, 01:58 PM
Nobility

This whole thing is a cloud over Nicholas and his family. Even if the accuser is some anonymous source it is still being treated as fact by the media. A paternity test confirms it one way or another.

This is a blog from Nicoleta about riding with Nicholas at bikefest on May 31st which is where the pictures showing them together [as teammates] come from. It sounds as if it is the first time they met. She said in her blog that she gave birth early and that she was due February 24th. It is not an exact science but her conception date was May 21st. In another blog she said she believed the child to be from a fling she had after the break-up of a long term relationship. If he was the fling, i'd get a paternity test. If he was never with her, he definitely needs a test.

Cu Nicolae al Romāniei la concurs de MTB – Rocket Bikefest | MaiNoi
Old 02-19-2016, 02:41 PM
Aristocracy

It's a difficult situation to have an opinion on, really.

If I were Nicholas, I would want to know, primarily for myself but also for my family.

The fact that he is a grandson of the King makes the importance of the family knowing one way or the other even greater. If it is proven that he's not the father, I wonder if that could have any incidence on his "removal" last year from the public royal family. If he is proven to be the father, at least all concerned could move on.

Poor King Michael: the prospect of being plagued by yet another bloodline of "non-royal" relatives can't be easy to live with.
Old 02-19-2016, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceallach View Post
[...] If he was the fling, i'd get a paternity test. If he was never with her, he definitely needs a test.

Cu Nicolae al Romāniei la concurs de MTB – Rocket Bikefest | MaiNoi
But no one stepped forward to point the finger to Mr Nicholas Medforth Mills, a private person and no longer a member of the Royal House of Romania, to claim he is the father. So it is weird to have a paternity test as there is no paternity question on the table at all... As long as there is no claim, I fail to see what Nicholas should do at all.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
But no one stepped forward to point the finger to Mr Nicholas Medforth Mills
The claim was made to the media [24Flux] just anonymously. That is why we know about it. The out of wedlock child was given as the reason for him being stripped of his titles, etc. So whether it is true or not could have much effect. They seemed to be a palace source based on all information given. 24Flux has stood by their source and others have jumped on the bandwagon as if it is a fact.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Imagine I step to you and demand a DNA-test, not because you have done anything but just because of media rumours. Should Prince Harry claim a DNA test because the colour of his hair is so different from his father? As long as no one steps forward to claim anything, Harry will and can do nothing. The same with Nicholas.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:11 PM
Nobility

If there was a relationship, I think a paternity test would be expected.

If I was her, and there was no relationship, I would also agree to one to stop the media from publishing pictures of my kid from my blog.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Imagine I step to you and demand a DNA-test, not because you have done anything but just because of media rumours. Should Prince Harry claim a DNA test because the colour of his hair is so different from his father? As long as no one steps forward to claim anything, Harry will and can do nothing. The same with Nicholas.

If Harry doubted his paternity it's his right to ask for a paternity test. Likewise, if Charles doubted Harry's paternity he could do the same. Theoretically, James Hewitt could ask for one as well - although, as the child (and not the parent) in those scenarios I doubt Harry would have to consent to a test. Delphine Boel wanted to confirm her paternity and asked for a test. I believe the mothers of Albert of Monaco's two illegitimate children both demanded paternity tests to prove that Albert was the father of their children. It happens.

If Nicholas wants to know if he's the father of this child he could ask for a paternity test. If Nicholas were to deny it and the mother wanted to prove it (to ensure that Nicholas is financially responsible for the child), then she could also demand one, and it would be up to the courts to decide if he has to provide a DNA sample.

At the same time though... If the mother doesn't want Nicholas involved, she doesn't have to ask for one. And if Nicholas also doesn't want to be involved, he doesn't have to press the issue. Or if he believes that he is the father of the child he might not ask for proof.

It's really not as simple as "they're unmarried and there's a baby, a DNA test must happen!"
Old 02-20-2016, 03:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
This is not just about rumours but succession was said to have been changed based on this. If an anonymous source tells the dailyfail that Harry was Hewitts so what especially since the Spencers have the red gene and there is evidence Hewitt was after Harry. If Harry had been stripped of succession and titles and it was then reported and accepted that was why then he should test to disprove it too.

If this was just about rumours that nobody believed, then a test would not be an issue. This allegedly is the reason for succession changes.

If nothing does happen then like past rumours this might also not be true and not the reason for succession changes. Then along comes the next rumour.

Tags
prince nicolae, royal family of romania