Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs Rotaru wrote an opened Letter about a big concern among the monarchists. The letter is respectful and certainly embraces also the spirit of Christmas speaking about reconciliation and the prayer of "Our Father".

Open Letters mean that you are -not- communicating with the adressed person(s). You are communicating a wider audience, while dragging in third persons. Thát is the annoying part of "Open Letters". It is self-promotion. No more, no less.

Open Letters mean that you are -not- communicating with the adressed person(s). You are communicating a wider audience, while dragging in third persons. Thát is the annoying part of "Open Letters". It is self-promotion. No more, no less.

How can you communicate when your letters are not answered?
Only who does not know the work done for the Monarchy so many years by Mrs Rotaru can speak about "self promotion" in this case.

Last edited:

The only reason for such a letter is the love for Monarchy and the respect for the King's Family.

The only reason for such a letter is the love for Monarchy and the respect for the King's Family.

There is no such entity as 'the Kings Family', so one can only assume you're referring to the Royal Family.
As someone who rejects the title 'Custodian of the Crown', saying the King had no authority to create new titles, I suppose you yourself have even less authority to re-brand others.

Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills is a member of the King's Family like the other grandchildren and great-grand children of the Sovereign. The term Royal Family would refer to the King and the Queen ,the Princes with dynastic rights of the Royal House and their spouses but in nowadays situation we can speak only about the King's Family.

Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills is a member of the King's Family like the other grandchildren and great-grand children of the Sovereign. The term Royal Family would refer to the King and the Queen ,the Princes with dynastic rights of the Royal House and their spouses but in nowadays situation we can speak only about the King's Family.

That is incorrect. Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth-Mills belongs to the Royal House of Romania, not to something you’ve dubbed ‘the Kings Family’, in some Trump-ian branding fashion.

As long as you refuse to accept the existence of a Romanian Royal Family, any dynastic rights conferred by the King and the 5 princesses born to him, surely there is nothing further to add?

That is exactly how I feel about these "monarchists". My grandmother always says to me: "Best intentions can start World War III."

Generalizing is never good. The monarchists represent at least around 20% of the Romanian population. The fact many of them support the King's grandson is more than understandable.

That is incorrect. Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth-Mills belongs to the Royal House of Romania, not to something you’ve dubbed ‘the Kings Family’, in some Trump-ian branding fashion.

As long as you refuse to accept the existence of a Romanian Royal Family, any dynastic rights conferred by the King and the 5 princesses born to him, surely there is nothing further to add?

I am confused now. I thought Nicholas was formerly excluded from the Royal House and stripped of his titles while he will always remain a grandson of the late King and therefore a member of the late King’s family royal or otherwise?

Generalizing is never good. The monarchists represent at least around 20% of the Romanian population. The fact many of them support the King's grandson is more than understandable.

I was not speaking about "the monarchists" but about "these monarchists"; the ones with their open letters, with their blogs, with their podcasts, with their mouths blabbing in any microphone. Dangerous creatures. The royal family is wise to keep these ermine fleas away from them.

I am confused now. I thought Nicholas was formerly excluded from the Royal House and stripped of his titles while he will always remain a grandson of the late King and therefore a member of the late King’s family royal or otherwise?

Yes, that's a typo on my part. The Royal House of Romania consists of those in the line of succession and their partners. Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth-Mills and his partner belongs to the Royal Family of Romania, alongside Irina Walker, her partner and children. That's the strict distinction, but in a non-reigning dynastic family, the separation between Royal House (those with inheritance rights and theirs partners) and Royal Family (the ones with inheritance rights, and those without), is less used and interesting.
As long as there is no throne to inherit and the monarchy is in pretense, the most used term is Royal Family, which includes them all.

Last edited:
I was not speaking about "the monarchists" but about "these monarchists"; the ones with their open letters, with their blogs, with their podcasts, with their mouths blabbing in any microphone. Dangerous creatures. The royal family is wise to keep these ermine fleas away from them.

Quite a sad way to speak about people that were closed to the King and dedicated their life to the Monarchy. If the King considered them very trustful and appreciated them I suppose the King's Family could follow the example of the Sovereign. Hopefully Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills will be inspired by his own grabdfather

Last edited:
Quite a sad way to speak about people that were closed to the King and dedicated their life to the Monarchy. If the King considered them very trustful and appreciated them I suppose the King's Family could follow the example of the Sovereign. Hopefully Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills will be inspired by his own grabdfather

Of course every (non-) royal family is happy with support and loyalty. But I compare these "monarchists" with figures like Kellyanne Conway in the entourage of President Trump. Arch-loyal to him. At the same time: who needs enemies with "friends" like Kellyanne? That is the same with these monarchists. Just ermine fleas.

Of course every (non-) royal family is happy with support and loyalty. But I compare these "monarchists" with figures like Kellyanne Conway in the entourage of President Trump. Arch-loyal to him. At the same time: who needs enemies with "friends" like Kellyanne? That is the same with these monarchists. Just ermine fleas.

Do you know how much these royalists did for the cause of Monarchy?Do you know how much they sacrifice to support the King?
The King's Family and especially Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills should feel blessed to still have some of the closest advisers of the King still able to help.

Last edited:

Ermine fleas - what an apposite and evocative image.

They might want a monarchy (or should that be their monarchy?) but they have certainly not shown much loyalty to King Michael in their disrespect of his proposed heir. Nicholas should bear in mind that for them he's not their preferred choice either, just the least worst of the other alternatives, and a means of weakening his aunt's claims. They'd drop him in an instant if a suitable Hohenzollern came along.

They've achieved very little in Romania over the last two decades, if anything. Any headway made for the royalist cause has been down to the King and his family and if anything the machinations of various individuals has served only to undermine the good work done by Margareta, Nicholas and various other members of the family.

Do you know how much these royalists did for the cause of Monarchy?Do you know how much they sacrifice to support the King?
The King's Family and especially Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills should feel blessed to still have some of the closest advisers of the King still able to help.

You are contradicting yourself. If they have to respect the royal Constitution, as you claim in another thread, Nicholas is a complete irrelevance for the monarchist cause.

You are contradicting yourself. If they have to respect the royal Constitution, as you claim in another thread, Nicholas is a complete irrelevance for the monarchist cause.

He is very important for the monarchists cause because he us the King's grandson.

He is very important for the monarchists cause because he us the King's grandson.

We are all aware. That is not what anyone is pointing out, and as always, any questions or critique is met with endless spam, just to avoid conceding the last word.

He has a hard time to not speak out. He announced he would withdraw completely for a few months but his lawyer keeps delivering statements and Nicholas himself sends a general Christmas message. (A nice gesture in general and I wish them a beautiful christmas time as well, but inconsistent with earlier statements - he could easily have sent a christmas wish to all his personal contacts)

He has a hard time to not speak out. He announced he would withdraw completely for a few months but his lawyer keeps delivering statements and Nicholas himself sends a general Christmas message. (A nice gesture in general and I wish them a beautiful christmas time as well, but inconsistent with earlier statements - he could easily have sent a christmas wish to all his personal contacts)

A Christmas Message is something normal and is not a political statement so it us not against earlier statements at all.. He is not the only one anyhow in the Family who delivered such a Message:

http://m.adevarul.ro/news/societate...eilalti-1_5a3f9f29d7af743f8dac7feb/index.html

Last edited:
The lawyer speaking on his behalf clearly was; and a christmas wish is still a general message to the public; which in his case is intended to promote his position - because otherwise he could have sent his wishes privately - which is different from members of the royal house delivering such a message to the Romanian people; especially since (to my knowledge) they didn't issue a statement that they would completely refrain from communicating to the public.

I have no problem with sharing a christmas wish in itself - the only issue is that his actions contridict his earlier statements (and not for the first time); if he intended to keep using his facebook page and his lawyer to communicate with the public he shouldn't have made his earlier statement. Why doesn't he just DO what he intends to do instead of issueing self-promoting statements that he then breaks?

As I've said before, I understand he is in a hard position but I'd rather see him doing the right things that might bring reconciliation instead of focusing on self-promotion (that in some cases damages the family that he wants to be an integral part (but probably more important: future head) of).

Last edited:
The lawyer speaking on his behalf clearly was; and a christmas wish is still a general message to the public; which in his case is intended to promote his position - because otherwise he could have sent his wishes privately - which is different from members of the royal house delivering such a message to the Romanian people; especially since (to my knowledge) they didn't issue a statement that they would completely refrain from communicating to the public.

I have no problem with sharing a christmas wish in itself - the only issue is that his actions contridict his earlier statements (and not for the first time); if he intended to keep using his facebook page and his lawyer to communicate with the public he shouldn't have made his earlier statement. Why doesn't he just DO what he intends to do instead of issueing self-promoting statements that he then breaks?

As I've said before, I understand he is in a hard position but I'd rather see him doing the right things that might bring reconciliation instead of focusing on self-promotion (that in some cases damages the family that he wants to be an integral part (but probably more important: future head) of).

Sending a Christmas Message is hardly a "self promotion".

Nicholas and Alina were seen walking at Herăstrău Park in Bucharest before Christmas. They were staying at Alina's parents house, and arrived to the park with a Mini Cooper.
Imagini realizate în exclusivitate naţională de CANCAN.ro. Au fost izgoniţi de la parastasul Majestăţii Sale, apoi... Cum i-am filmat înaintea Crăciunului pe Principele Nicolae & _Lady Di_ a României _ Cancan.ro

They could have been invited at Savarsin but the daughters of the King obviously chose not to. Strange way to understand the spirit of Christmas.

Last edited:
They could have been invited at Savarsin but the daughters of the King obviously chose not to. Strange way to understand the spirit of Christmas.

Are other grandchildren of the King at Savarsin? But why are you interested anyway? You should tell us about the Christmas celebration at Schloss Sigmaringen in Baden-Württemberg... As you are advocating respect for the last royal Constitution of Romania, it is there, and not at Savarsin, where the current royal family of Romania assembles for Christmas...

:whistling:

Once Nicolas and Alina start to be blessed with their own children, the rest of the royal family will see the logical way to look forward. Happy Christmas to all.

Are other grandchildren of the King at Savarsin? But why are you interested anyway? You should tell us about the Christmas celebration at the Schloss Sigmaringen in Baden-Württemberg... As you are advocating respect for the last royal Constitution of Romania, it is there, and not at Savarsin, where the current royal family of Romania assembles for Christmas...

:whistling:

The only grandchild of the late King who is in Romania is Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills but he is not invited at Savarsin.
At Siegmaringen these things would not happen.

The only grandchild of the late King who is in Romania is Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills but he is not invited at Savarsin.
At Siegmaringen these things would not happen.

When you are consequent, Nicholas is a total irrelevance. As are the other grandchildren of the King. It is at Sigmaringen where the Head of the Royal House of Romania celebrates Weihnachten with his family at his fabulous residence.

As long as you keep saying the Constitution of the Kingdom of Romania should be respected, but keep promoting Nicholas, you are speaking with a double tongue.

Following your logic, the families Medforth-Mills, Kreuger and Biarneix are in exactly the same position as the families Lorentzen, Gómez Acebo, Holstein til Ledreborg, Bernadotte af Wisborg: all families of Kings, all without a role in the Royal House and not in line of succession.

I wonder if a certain fatherless child in Romania has crossed his mind this Christmas as he spends the festive season away from his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom