Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether with the King or Crown Princess Margareta it seems IMO short sighted as all its done in reality in ensure the Royal House has no future.

The one who tries to give a future to his Family and to the Monarchy is Nicholas himself.

Last edited:
People can claim that Margarita and Radu are the future of the family all they want, but one cannot deny they come across as ageing, cold, distant, and plus royaliste que le Roi.

Nicholas was not raised by his aunt or uncle. The good qualities that he brought to his role were to due to the life experiences he had endured before he accepted the wish of the King to become an active member of the Royal family. Only with Nicholas (and now Alina) integrated into the Royal House does it have any semblance of survival. If Margarita and Radu care so much about their work, they would have done something to make sure that the self-inflicted wounds they have caused did not occur.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/893727/Nicholas-Medforth-Mills-prince-harry-romanian

Who is Nicholas Medforth-Mills? British lovechild and pretender to the Romanian throne

British schoolboy now third in line to Romanian throne after death of king | Metro News

Meet the royal billed as Romania's answer to Prince Harry with North East roots - Chronicle Live

People can claim that Margarita and Radu are the future of the family all they want, but one cannot deny they come across as ageing, cold, distant, and plus royaliste que le Roi.

Nicholas was not raised by his aunt or uncle. The good qualities that he brought to his role were to due to the life experiences he had endured before he accepted the wish of the King to become an active member of the Royal family. Only with Nicholas (and now Alina) integrated into the Royal House does it have any semblance of survival. If Margarita and Radu care so much about their work, they would have done something to make sure that the self-inflicted wounds they have caused did not occur.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/893727/Nicholas-Medforth-Mills-prince-harry-romanian

Who is Nicholas Medforth-Mills? British lovechild and pretender to the Romanian throne

British schoolboy now third in line to Romanian throne after death of king | Metro News

Meet the royal billed as Romania's answer to Prince Harry with North East roots - Chronicle Live

The only hope for the descendants of the King to have an important role in rebuilding Romania is indeed Nicholas, young, popular, close to the people.

I wouldn't say Nicholas is their only hope but in doing, or letting without comment, Michael do what he did to Nicholas, they have IMO made it seem the Royal House is very out of date

:previous:

The burden of proof is usually with the accuser, not with the accused.

The reality is that none of us here will know what exactly happened between grandfather and grandson and that we have been going around in circles with possible explanations for what happened.

Usually indeed but action has been taken against the prince that is something we know for sure. While we don't know exactly what happened, something did happen which was related to morality. So far, Nicholas hasn't cooperated to establish his innocence (which would be fairly easy).

Why wouldn't Elisabeta Karina be able to take the role that was previously carved out for Nicholas?

I don't think she would necessarily crave it (at least we haven't seen any signs that point in that direction) but I wonder why that option isn't considered by some as viable - reinstating Nicholas also has quite a few issues; so none seems ideal. Is it because the Romanian people will more readily accept a man than a woman as their (future) monarch?

Why wouldn't Elisabeta Karina be able to take the role that was previously carved out for Nicholas?

I don't think she would necessarily crave it (at least we haven't seen any signs that point in that direction) but I wonder why that option isn't considered by some as viable - reinstating Nicholas also has quite a few issues; so none seems ideal. Is it because the Romanian people will more readily accept a man than a woman as their (future) monarch?

Because she is not interested in doing so.

Karina did not attend the funeral of Queen Anne because her passport had expired.

She is a private British subject and that is highly unlikely to change.

Your point is well taken, and the visuals here are as important as facts, at least in the eyes of the public. The image of the Royal Family, sans Nicholas and Alina, coming off the Royal Train at Curtea de Arges was uncomfortable, and I'm afraid many will have noticed his absence, or de facto exclusion from that part of the ceremonial events.
Those are the kinds of self-inflicting wounds the Princessly couple have to move past, both in terms of mending those already created, but equally important, avoiding creating new ones, like this one, so visually and practically unnecessary.

I worry that there is much fear at the top of the Royal Family and those around them, that the popularity, youth, inherent societal misogyny or a combination of more or all factors will lead to calls for Nicholas to be the pretender onwards, at the cost of Margareta. I happen to think she would make a good Queen, but she is mature by now, childless and a succession plan has to be laid for any progress to be made with regards to the monarchy as a cause, and the Royal House having a meaningful future after the Princess' time is up.

All arrows point to Nicholas in the end, and the Royal Family at large has to realize that, if anything is to come of the dynastic aspirations of the Royal Family, and the positive change that would come from a return of the monarchy in Romania.

I would absolute deny that generalisation. I don't see that they do come across as cold or distant at all and they can hardly help ageing. We're all ageing.

I would absolute deny that generalisation. I don't see that they do come across as cold or distant at all and they can hardly help ageing. We're all ageing.

They do very much come across that way, as cold and distant, to everyone who follows them closely, but that isn't the whole picture of who they are indeed. It is however how they appear, and that is an image they must work on, sans the aging. That one is natural for us all, but the added factor that has for the Custodian and Prince Radu, is that they are ageing without heirs. That's the unsustainable situation going forward.

Nobody had any less affection for the late King Baudoin and Queen Fabiola because they were childless, frankly, the knowledge of their struggle made them much more endearing. However, it wasn't a danger for the monarchy as an institution, so long as they was a clear line of succession and nothing to worry about.

That's the future for H.M the Custodian as well, my sense is that people feel affection towards her to a larger extent today, as her public profile is on the rise in Romania, but the question at the back of everyones mind when the question of the monarchy is raised, is: If you assume the throne, ma'am, what comes thereafter?

They do very much come across that way, as cold and distant, to everyone who follows them closely, but that isn't the whole picture of who they are indeed. It is however how they appear, and that is an image they must work on, sans the aging. That one is natural for us all, but the added factor that has for the Custodian and Prince Radu, is that they are ageing without heirs. That's the unsustainable situation going forward.

Nobody had any less affection for the late King Baudoin and Queen Fabiola because they were childless, frankly, the knowledge of their struggle made them much more endearing. However, it wasn't a danger for the monarchy as an institution, so long as they was a clear line of succession and nothing to worry about.

That's the future for H.M the Custodian as well, my sense is that people feel affection towards her to a larger extent today, as her public profile is on the rise in Romania, but the question at the back of everyones mind when the question of the monarchy is raised, is: If you assume the throne, ma'am, what comes thereafter?

That's not my impression of them. I follow them closely and though I can't say I've any affection for Radu, Her Majesty has always come across as warm, affectionate, kind, sensitive, dutiful and loyal. All good qualities if you ask me.

You're totally right of course (and I've picked up on this in the other thread). Succession is a question that needs to be answered. But as I see it, people are determined to like Nicholas and dislike Margareta, whatever happens. She's damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. Which is exactly the sort of thing King Michael and Queen Anne worked so hard to avoid.

[...] If you assume the throne, ma'am, what comes thereafter?

But effectively there is no throne to assume, isn't it?

And when someone is willing to follow the succession according the late King Michael, the question "what comes thereafter?" is relatively simple to answer: the five ladies.

But effectively there is no throne to assume, isn't it?

And when someone is willing to follow the succession according the late King Michael, the question "what comes thereafter?" is relatively simple to answer: the five ladies.

As has been said about 700 times before, this is a question referring to the cause of returning the monarchy to Romania. It really shouldn’t need pointing out every time, that if that happens, a line of succession must be in place before the proposal is given to the public or voted over in parliament, and that until that happens, these are hypotheticals.

The answer is probably not ‘the fives ladies’, as the monarchy will probably not be based on female Saudi-Arabian principles of going for sister after sister after sister until they’re all deceased. The most likely proposal would include a downward lineage, one generation to the next and voila, we are back on the topic of this thread, Nicholas M-M.

Arent there any other grandchildren other than this young man?

Arent there any other grandchildren other than this young man?

There are, but none have shown any interest in learning the language, engaging in the country and supporting the work the Royal Family has undertaken across the country, and none have been given a title, such as Nicholas did, when he was elevated to be a prince.

[...]

The answer is probably not ‘the fives ladies’, as the monarchy will probably not be based on female Saudi-Arabian principles of going for sister after sister after sister until they’re all deceased. [...]

Errrrmmm.... the UK had female successors as 1 and 2 (Elizabeth and Margaret), Danmark had female successors as 1, 2 and 3 (Margrethe, Benedikte and Anne-Marie), the Netherlands had female successors as 1, 2, 3 and 4 (Beatrix, Irene, Margriet and Christina).

The queue of (eventual) female successors in Romania really is not so Saudi-Arabian...

:flowers:

It is if the three younger sisters of princess Helen will come before the children of princess Helen. When the princes of Wales and Orange were born they came before their aunts in the lines of succession.

It is if the three younger sisters of princess Helen will come before the children of princess Helen. When the princes of Wales and Orange were born they came before their aunts in the lines of succession.

Of course, and when Elizabeth Medforth-Mills gets a daughter or a son, they will wriggle themselves in the queue.

Of course, and when Elizabeth Medforth-Mills gets a daughter or a son, they will wriggle themselves in the queue.

Elisabeta is her first name, but she has always gone by the second, Karina (or Karin).

On the evening of the 16th of December the King's Family, foreign guests and people close to the Family attended at 7.15 pm a Parastasis for the late King in one of the buildings of the Orthodox Bishopric House of Arges and Muscel. When Nicholas and Alina de Roumanie Medforth Mills wanted to attend too they were told they were not allowed in:

https://www.flux24.ro/printul-nicolae-n-a-fost-acceptat-nici-la-parastasul-regelui/

Last edited:
Unsurprisingly petty and unattractively embittered...

"Sources of the Episcopate". That's the only reference to a source for this story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately it seems to be true and is really sad.

Unfortunately it seems to be true and is really sad.

Have you another source to confirm it? So far the only evidence that it happened is an unnamed source via a private television network that operates from the 5th floor of a Bucharest shopping centre with a website which doesn't display properly and recently included a story about China being granted EU membership. It's hardly concrete proof is it?

:previous:

The letter is also strange. As if the words are cut out and glued on a piece of paper. No place, no date ("Bucharest, the 19th of December 2017), no address ("To the Custodian of the Crown, Elisabeta Palace Bucharest") no signatures, nothing.

Even the most clumsy agent of the Securitate would have delivered a better letter!

Have you another source to confirm it? So far the only evidence that it happened is an unnamed source via a private television network that operates from the 5th floor of a Bucharest shopping centre with a website which doesn't display properly and recently included a story about China being granted EU membership. It's hardly concrete proof is it?

I spoke with people that were there at Curtea de Arges and unfortunately it seems to be true.

I spoke with people that were there at Curtea de Arges and unfortunately it seems to be true.

That's hardly proof. I could easily say that I've spoken to Margareta and she told me it wasn't. You have to able to back these claims you make with some kind of evidence that isn't apocryphal. I don't deny he wasn't there but the surrounding tale is fabrication until there's a better source.

That's hardly proof. I could easily say that I've spoken to Margareta and she told me it wasn't. You have to able to back these claims you make with some kind of evidence that isn't apocryphal. I don't deny he wasn't there but the surrounding tale is fabrication until there's a better source.

It is not only flux 24 that speaks about this sad event:

For some people no article would be enough anyhow when they refuse to see the sad truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom