Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Nicholas living full time again in Romania?

I preger this to the picture of the Crown Princess 500 m from other people in the Throne Room.

The king lives in Switzerland as do 3 of his daughters but to my knowledge the eldest and youngest live in Romania.

What does Mr Medfoeth-Mills do for a living?It would be wise to obtain a degree in law or finance.

What does Mr Medfoeth-Mills do for a living?It would be wise to obtain a degree in law or finance.

About Nicholas's education and work from his interview in 2015
He completed his formal primary and secondary education at Argyle House of Sunderland, the UK, in 1999. In 1999, he enrolled with the Shiplake College of Henley on Thames, the UK.
In high school, Prince Nicholas won a GCSE certificate in Mathematics, French, German, English Literature and Language, Information Technology, Geography and Sciences (Chemistry, Biology, Physics), and he graduated the GCSE A-level in French, Business Sciences and Physical Education.
In 2004, Prince Nicholas was assistant leader of an expedition to South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe. In 2005, he lived in Kenya for four months and joined an expedition to Madagascar. In 2006, he was employed in Kenya as a rafting trainer for the British Armies.
In 2009-2012, Prince Nicholas attended Management classes at the Royal Holloway College, the London University.
INTERVIEW_Prince Nicholas_ Books - a gate to another world, accessed through words and imagination – AGERPRES

According to his LinkedIn, after the prince title was taken away from him, Nicholas has studied Software Product Management (Online) at the University of Alberta and worked as a project manager at Evozon in 2016. He has also spoken in March at Cambridge Romanian Society about Romania, her history and what it means to be Romanian in an adopted country.
Nicholas Medforth-Mills _ Professional Profile

Last edited:
This is being reported on 'Twitter'...

The Royal Family has filed a complaint with Swiss Police after King Michael of Romania's Grandson, Nicholas Medforth-Mills (who was stripped of his title in 2015), tried to force his way into the King's Residence last night.

He physically and verbally assaulted three people.

The Royal Family has filed a complaint with Swiss Police after King Michael of Romania's Grandson, Nicholas Medforth-Mills (who was stripped of his title in 2015), tried to force his way into the King's Residence last night.

My guess is that Nicholas was barred by the circle around the former King (maybe on instigation of the King himself by the way) and that emotions ran high: "For God's sake, I am his grandson! Am I not allowed to see my own grandfather?!" And it derailed a bit. Not so difficult to visualize.

Very sad situation. Thanks wyevale.

"The Press Office of His Majesty King Michael I is authorized to transmit the following statement:

On Tuesday evening, Nov. 7, 2017, Nicholas Medforth-Mills made an attempt to violate the residence of His Majesty the King at his residence in Switzerland. Mr. Medforth-Mills forced the door of the house, involving six people in the incident, including three collaborators of his Majesty's House.

Mr. Medforth-Mills physically and verbally assaulted three people. One of them has body wounds. Finally, he was prevented from forcing home entry. His Majesty made it clear for several months that he refused to see his nephew, which he had repeatedly told Mr. Medforth-Mills.

There were three nurses attending the incident who came to treat His Majesty who could not get their debt on time. The nurses also made known that they were afraid of their bodily integrity, and that they would discuss their institution if they would come or not to treat the King.

The incident occurred just one hour after King Michael had received Holy Communion from the Messenger of His Eminence Joseph.

His Majesty's House filed a complaint with the Swiss police."

Comunicat al Biroului de Presă al Majestății Sale Regelui, 8 noiembrie 2017 | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

Not so difficult to visualize.

Quite so.. time is running out for Nicholas, as King Michael's condition has reportedly 'deteriorated a great deal' in recent weeks.

Quite so.. time is running out for Nicholas, as King Michael's condition has reportedly 'deteriorated a great deal' in recent weeks.

Obviously, King Michael's is dying. His grandson wanted to see him last time and was thrown out. Horrible situation, horrible family.

Last edited:
It is really sad that king Michael has decided that he doesn't want to see Nicholas ever again. It is easy to understand that Nicholas wants to meet his grandfather, perhaps for the last time.

Nicholas at his Facebook (I have used translation pages):
I am deeply saddened and do not understand the aggressiveness of the Royal House to do everything possible to prevent me see to see my grandfather and discredit my image. I am not going to enter this dirty game. I will choose to respect my grandfather in these difficult moments, because it is necessary, and christian.

I come as the grandson of the King and I just want to see him. If it's the last time I get here if he is in a better condition, then I'd like to see it. If it is not, then I want to say goodbye to him for the last time.
https://www.facebook.com/PrincipeleNicolaealRomaniei/timeline?ref=page_internal

But why is prevented from seeing King Nicholas?

It is a shame that the Family doesn't allow Nicholas to see his grandfather for most likely a last time.

A very sad situation, in every aspect. I'm wondering: is it the King who doesn't want to see his grandson, or is it people around the King who doesn't want them to meet? Perhaps impossible to know.

He apparently has also bad relationship with his mother too.
How about his sister?

why is prevented from seeing King

Because those close to 'the heiress' Princess Margarita, fear him...

Nicholas [who is popular with Roumanians] and is [crucially] male [in a Monarchy that has historically only had Male Monarchs] is clearly a threat..

Last edited:
I think the Crown Princess makes the important decisions now since On 2 March 2016, the Royal Council announced King Michael's retirement from public life. “Tasks” are assumed by Crown Princess Margareta with her husband.
This year King Michael was diagnosed with chronic leukemia and metastatic epidermoid carcinoma and it would safe to assume the Crown Princess has power of attorney over her father in Switzerland along with one or more of her sisters but she remains head of the House as a virtual regent.

But she doesn't have children of her own and will not have, so what's the point in removing Nicholas?

But why is prevented from seeing King Nicholas?

Because the Press office of King Michael claims at their press release, that king Michael has refused to meet his grandson, "which he has repeatedly told to his grandson".
When? King Michael didn't meet Nicholas when he took the prince title away from him... Did he tell with a letter to Nicholas that he doesn't want to see him?

[...]

Mr. Medforth-Mills physically and verbally assaulted three people. One of them has body wounds. Finally, he was prevented from forcing home entry. His Majesty made it clear for several months that he refused to see his nephew, which he had repeatedly told Mr. Medforth-Mills.
[...]

Thanks eya. Indeed a sad situation. "nephew"?? What a slip. The press office meant grandson. I wonder what King Michael actually wants.

If ever there was a plebiscite around now on who would be the next reinstalled monarch, the ever popular Nicholas would win hands down I think.

How distressing that this is happening at such a sad time.
I do not know who is (or are) at the origin of the decision to prevent Nicholas from seeing his grandfather. Neither do I know the exact state of the King's current condition.

I find it unacceptable that some people here are making insinuations, allegations and judgements concerning various family members at such a time without backing them up with verifiable facts but it is true that public pronouncements by the parties involved are not helping.

This discussion is frankly distasteful, fit for street-corner gossips and low-life tabloid writers.

Let us rather wish for peace and reconciliation within the family for the sake of them all.

Last edited:
Thanks eya. Indeed a sad situation. "nephew"?? What a slip. The press office meant grandson. I wonder what King Michael actually wants.

"Nephew" and "grandson" are the same word in Romanian (nepotul), amongst other languages.

I noticed that as well. Wasn't sure whether it was a translation error or an error in the original press release.

Thanks for the clarification Andy T.

The Royal House needs stability and this news just undermine the Royalist cause in Romania. I don't know what's going on in the Royal family, and I don't know who's right. But it's sad to everything that's going on, especially in this time when the King is sick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom