The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #981  
Old 08-15-2015, 11:12 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
One of those who admires former prince is former philosopher Mihai Sora, honorary member of the Romanian Academy, former Minister of Education. He posted on his Facebook page a photo that "reveals infinitely more" than official communiquÚs about Prince Nicholas.
Fotografia care arată cu adevărat cine este äPrincipeleö Nicolae _ Dezvăluie infinit mai multeů _ Nasul.tv
Translation
My goodness, they compared Nicholas to Hitler because he likes dogs?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #982  
Old 08-15-2015, 12:48 PM
nascarlucy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Florida Area, United States
Posts: 1,422
The situation is sad because there are no winners in this situation, even those person or persons who stand to gain by King Michael decision.

Sounds more like other people or other interests perhaps want someone else to file that role besides Nicholas or his vision of what Romania should be doesn't match what others think it should be. If most people in Romania are on the same page as he is as far as the vision or future of the country, stripping Nicholas of his title is big mistake.

If Nicholas is well liked in Romania and people can relate to him even if they are not of the same social standing as he, why remove him or take away his title. If this was his choice, well that is one thing. It appears to be quite different though.

As others had said, this wasn't handled very well.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #983  
Old 08-15-2015, 12:54 PM
eya eya is offline
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 7,858
I see your point but the people ( this happens everywhere ) easily forgotten and will welcome the new.
Reply With Quote
  #984  
Old 08-15-2015, 01:29 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,070
Ninel Peia, member of the Chamber of Deputies, the lower house of the Romanian bicameral parliament from Social Democratic Party at his website:

Open letter to His Majesty King Mihai I
Your Majesty,
I'm one of the millions of Your Majesty's subjects, admirer of the Royal House of Romania, a supporter of the monarchy...
Your Majesty,
As others, I am aware of the decision of Your Majesty and the Royal House to withdraw both Prince Nicolae's position on the line of succession to the Crown, and his Royal titles... I do not have the plan to defy the Royal House or encroach in any way the image of Hrh Princess Margarita or any member of the Royal family. But I dare to make a fervent prayer to Your Majesty.
Your Majesty,
Most of those who admire the Royal Family today, and myself, we call on the wisdom of our king to reverse the decision taken in respect of Prince Nicolae, today Mr. Nicholas Michael Medforth-Mills.
Your Majesty,
People began to see the in Prince Nicolae a chance to return to the monarchy. Prince Nicolae is a personality who although has much to learn on the royal road, he had had already become an example of moderation and respect, imposing a certain attitude and made important steps to the heart of our nation. Ordinary people began to feel prince Nicolae as one of those who could be the model, and leader. Slowly, Prince Nicolae seemed to be a good guide for Romanians, and would have worn with dignity the aura of a king loved and loving the country and the people.
Your Majesty,
Bend to our plea, ask Your heart once again and weigh Your subjects...
Ninel Peia _ Scrisoare deschisă adresată Majestăţii Sale Regelui Mihai I
Translation
Reply With Quote
  #985  
Old 08-15-2015, 02:07 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 5,421
Thanks for posting that, LadyFinn. I was looking through Nicolae's FaceBook pictures today to be reminded of many of the engagements he carried out over the last few years and how well he seemed to get on with people and his connection with them.

I feel the situation is like what happens in most peoples' jobs - your boss never thanks or appreciates you when you get things right 99% of the time, but as soon as you do something wrong, you get hauled up to the managers office and get a telling off!
I hope King Michael considered the good in Nicolae before "sacking" him.
__________________
JACK
Reply With Quote
  #986  
Old 08-15-2015, 04:09 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Horthy View Post
My goodness, they compared Nicholas to Hitler because he likes dogs?
I might be misunderstanding, but I didn't see any comparisons between Nicholas and Hitler (if so that would be extremely unfair on Nicholas) in the quoted article. Was it on Nicholas's Facebook page (in the comments)?
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #987  
Old 08-15-2015, 04:14 PM
eya eya is offline
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 7,858
They are in the same article below in the comments.
Eventually everyone watches and says that he is concerned .
Reply With Quote
  #988  
Old 08-15-2015, 04:18 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,219
Thanks, I see it now. I must have missed it before.
That's a pretty ridiculous comparison... millions and millions of people across the globe own dogs so it's wrong to say that Nicholas is like Hitler for that reason (and IMO it's quite hard to compare anyone living with Hitler, since he is the most evil person in history for me).
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #990  
Old 08-15-2015, 08:45 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I might be misunderstanding, but I didn't see any comparisons between Nicholas and Hitler (if so that would be extremely unfair on Nicholas) in the quoted article. Was it on Nicholas's Facebook page (in the comments)?
One of the commenters felt the dog photo was not indicative of a fine, young man because Hitler also liked dogs.
Reply With Quote
  #991  
Old 08-16-2015, 01:56 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 6,767
That comment was ridiculous. So any dog-owner is now alike Hitler because he liked dogs too? So any vegetarian is now alike Hitler because he did not eat meat?

Reply With Quote
  #992  
Old 08-16-2015, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,061
A lot of people that have never been royalist show their soldarity with young Nicholas because almost everybody is shocked by how this popular young man was treated at the beginning of august.
Reply With Quote
  #993  
Old 08-16-2015, 06:08 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 305
Cory, agreed. After what King Michael went through- losing his throne due to Communists and then having his own awful father, King Carol, proclaim that someone else should get the throne, I'd think that King Michael would treat Nicholas better.
Reply With Quote
  #994  
Old 08-16-2015, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,061
I suppose the only "fault" of young Nicholas was he was becoming really popular but in his own way and not in a way wanted by Elisabeta Palace. He was not the one who really lost because he is even more popular now. His grandfather, his eldest aunt and her husband really lost from this sad event.
Reply With Quote
  #995  
Old 08-16-2015, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,061
If his sister is Elisabeth Karina De Roumanie Medforth Mills why he should be only Nicholas Medforth Mills?
Reply With Quote
  #996  
Old 08-16-2015, 08:41 PM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
If his sister is Elisabeth Karina De Roumanie Medforth Mills why he should be only Nicholas Medforth Mills?

Indeed, his given name at birth was Nicholas Michael de Roumanie Medforth-Mills.
__________________
Sii forte.
Reply With Quote
  #997  
Old 08-17-2015, 11:42 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
If his sister is Elisabeth Karina De Roumanie Medforth Mills why he should be only Nicholas Medforth Mills?
Obviously he isn't, because he signed his statement "Nicolae Mihai de Roumanie Medforth Mills"
Comunicatul Biroului de Pres─â al Majest─â╚Ťii Sale, 11 august 2015 | Familia Regal─â a Rom├óniei / Royal Family of Romania
Reply With Quote
  #998  
Old 08-17-2015, 11:58 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 1,377
I really don┤t get it! In which way did he - publicly - fail?! He showed great interest in the country, toured it several times, represented Romania (even abroad) with great charm and dignity, always impeccable clothed (even more than some "reigning" CPrinces), was accessible and had a great way with children. What could a royal house more want?!
Nicolae IMO had something like the "Diana-factor" while all his other relatives (may be with the exception of Pcss Marie), including the King, were a bit brittle.
There was no scandal going on that would require a pulling the break. I truely remain puzzled and mystified...

This event took place only a few days before the King issued his statement. Margharita, it has stated before, knew at the time while N. seemed to be completely clueless.
Vara, la S─ƒv├ór╚™in | Familia Regal─ƒ a Rom├óniei / Royal Family of Romania

I don┤t believe a second N. wanted to "retire" himself because he learned that everything was too much or something!
I don┤t want to put too much into this but the CPss looks everything but at ease...: http://www.romaniaregala.ro/wp-conte...32-940x626.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #999  
Old 08-17-2015, 12:10 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 6,767
The statement by Nicholas Medforth-Mills learns that the life he wants to pursue and the limitations which his position in the House of Romania brought were conflicting.

It is really not hard to imagine a Swiss-born British gentleman trying to find his way in a country he initially knew nothing about, of which he has to learn the language, the society, the history, the character and where he has to find a destiny and a living. It is very well imagineable that, after ample considerations and thinking, sleepless nights even, he told his grandfather that he saw no future for himself in Romania and that he had no real profound belief in "the Romanian Project" and no longer wished to fool himself and the family.

I would say: stop thinking about plots or wrongdoings. Most likely Nicholas was honest and told his family he no longer felt the commitment, the zest and the convince to fight for Romania and for the Romanian Royal House since he first and foremost feels more British or Swiss than Romanian. I think that is a honourable and honest position.

If that was the situation, then the former King and his family were faced with a problem too. How to communicate that a future Chef himself does not believe in a future for the House of Romania? Therefore the misty circumstances. ...
Reply With Quote
  #1000  
Old 08-17-2015, 12:14 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 6,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post

[...]

This event took place only a few days before the King issued his statement. Margharita, it has stated before, knew at the time while N. seemed to be completely clueless.
Vara, la Săvârșin | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

I don┤t believe a second N. wanted to "retire" himself because he learned that everything was too much or something!
I don┤t want to put too much into this but the CPss looks everything but at ease...: http://www.romaniaregala.ro/wp-conte...32-940x626.jpg
Interesting, I do not see a tense Margareta at all but a nice relaxed family. I feel you are now looking to the pictures and started to hineininterpretieren

__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
prince nicolae, royal family of romania


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HSH Prince Hans-Adam II (1945- ) and HSH Princess Marie (1940- ) Mandy Princely Family of Liechtenstein 128 07-09-2017 04:24 PM
Prince Nicholas (son of Ferdinand and Marie) (1903-1978) Johan The Royal Family of Romania 18 08-10-2016 09:49 PM
Prince William's Suitability to be King CharlotteAmalia The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 860 05-22-2016 11:58 PM
Prince of Wales - Title, Succession and Wales Jo of Palatine British Royals 88 01-01-2014 07:59 AM




Popular Tags
albania belgian state visit to japan best gown september 2016 best outfit best outfit december birthday crown princess mary crown princess mary evening dresses crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria david armstrong-jones denmark duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge dutch fashion poll jewels king abdullah ii king carl gustaf and queen silvia king willem-alexander liechtenstein lists love meme monarchy monarchy versus republic new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 palaces picture of the week pierre casiraghi prince charles prince harken in canada prince leka princess marie style princess mary princess mary fashion princess sofia princess sofia's daytime fashion queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia cocktail dresses queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia eveningwear queen letizia fashion queen letizia gowns queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania fashion september 2016 spanish state visit to japan state visit successes succession sweden the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:59 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises