Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If what he says is the pure truth this does not certainly help his mother's family public image.

This definitely!!! He left clear innuendo about them!!

Obviously Mr Medforth Mills does not seem too close to his aunt.

He also changed the subject when asked if he would be willing to be King if the Romanians wanted it.

He said that just because you read something in the media does not mean it is true, and that he would not comment on his personal life. But that was a direct response to being asked about the woman so it could mean he was emphasizing that rumour as not true. But he did evade all the rumours. Obviously the rumours aren't all true since they contradict each other. He also said he was not given a reason when he was striped of his titles and job; and there had been no discussion beforehand either, it just came out of the blue. He says he still has no idea why it happened, so maybe he has not done any of it.

He said that since then there was been a wall between him and some family members; and that he has been prevented from seeing his grandparents. His mother and aunt Sophie have recently gone to Switzerland, and before them Maria and Margarita but not Irina. So does being taken out of succession mean you can't visit King Michael and Queen Anne anymore?

Irina lives in the US. She needs to get permission from a judge to travel. Flying RT to Switzerland is expensive. Based on conversations with people who would know, I am nearly 100% convinced that the story about the child is true.

Only Mr Nedforth Mills knows really what is true and what's not true from what the press wrote about last august events. One thing is sure: nobody really seem to have spoken with him before those events. You can't really take a decision about a man and not even have a chat with him first.

Last edited:
Only Mr Nedforth Mills knows really what is true and what's not true from what the press wrote about last august events. One thing is sure: nobody really seem to have spoken with him before those events. You can't really take a decision about a man and not even have a chat with him first.

That is his side of the story. In reality probably he was summoned to give an explanation to the King, or his aunt Margareta, or maybe even his mother Elena - with whom he seems on non-speaking terms too. The story "Oh, they have stripped me of my title, they have removed me from the succession, and I do not have any clue why..." is really hard to believe. Seen the massive internal fall-out in the family, absolutely something has happened which was considered as unacceptable for the royal family.

Last edited:
Not a very united Family anymore.

On the Facebook Page Nicolae de Roumanie Medforth Mills very interesting message of the 17th of June :" Coroana României nu poate fi aşezată preş în fața nimănui.Nihil Sine Deo!".
Is this Page administered directly by Mr Medforth Mills?

https://www.facebook.com/PrincipeleNicolaealRomaniei/?fref=ts

That quote should make it clear to anyone who doubts that this is not a legitimate site of Nicholas M-M.
As far as I know, his site is https://www.facebook.com/Principele-Nicolae-al-Romaniei-210834488960284/, which he has chosen not to update since the troubles of last August.

Last edited:
That is his side of the story. In reality probably he was summoned to give an explanation to the King, or his aunt Margareta, or maybe even his mother Elena - with whom he seems on non-speaking terms too. The story "Oh, they have stripped me of my title, they have removed me from the succession, and I do not have any clue why..." is really hard to believe. Seen the massive internal fall-out in the family, absolutely something has happened which was considered as unacceptable for the royal family.

There is no proof he had been summoned to see his grandfather before the decision was made.

Was Mr Medforth Mills present at the baptism of Prince Jishep d'Orleans in Dreux?

Yes, according to reports, Nicholas was at the baptism of the fourth child of the Duke and Duchess of Vendôme.

Baptême du prince Joseph - Noblesse & Royautés

Per Charles at Noblesse et Royautés, who is familiar with the couple, the Duke is quite fond of Prince Nicholas.

Last edited:
Is he close to the Orleans?

It is wonderful somebody tries to be close to Princess Elena's son after what happenede in the last months. The majority of comments seem to appreciate the gesture of the Duke of Vendome to invite Mr Medforth Mills at this event.

Once more the Duke of Vendome shows how a real Christian behaves.

A real example of humanity.

Last edited by a moderator:
The same commenter at Noblesse et Royautés, who was present at the baptism, indicated that he noticed that, in addition to the Orléans, the members of the Royal and Princely houses of Portugal and Liechtenstein also treated Nicholas as the eventual heir of Crown Princess Margarita.

The commenter observes that, personally, he is now of the mind that the ejection of Nicholas from the Royal House was indeed the result of a personal conflict between personalities in the family.

Obviously, it is fervently hoped that Nicholas will indeed be confirmed in his role at some point in the future, as only he can manifest the destiny and future of the Royal House in Romania.

Obviously there is a lot of simpathy for Mr Medforth Mills not only in Romania.

Nicholas could use a lot more than plain sympathy from Romanian monarchists, in particular, if ever there is to be much of a future for the monarchical project in the country.

Open support and calls for the return of the young prince would be a good start.

Wandering around at a baptism of a baby of one of the three pretenders for the defunct French throne will not help his position in Romania. Jean and Philomena d'Orléans seem very likeable persons with a warm heart but we must not overreacting the attendance of Nicholas Medforth-Mills at a French baptism.

Wandering around at a baptism of a baby of one of the three pretenders for the defunct French throne will not help his position in Romania. Jean and Philomena d'Orléans seem very likeable persons with a warm heart but we must not overreacting the attendance of Nicholas Medforth-Mills at a French baptism.

Sorry, but what is your point?

One is rather confused as to how it actually adds to the discussion at hand (i.e. Prince Nicholas).

I'm trying to understand more of what happened in the romanian royal family, but it's hard to get a grip on everything. Has there been any speculation that the falling out was between Nicholas and his grandfather, and that there might be a possibility that he would be reinstated as prince of Romania when his grandfather passes away?

Nicholas could use a lot more than plain sympathy from Romanian monarchists, in particular, if ever there is to be much of a future for the monarchical project in the country.

Open support and calls for the return of the young prince would be a good start.

Depends who advises really Mr Medforth Mills. He does not seem to be in any way connected to Elisabeta Palace at this moment.
If he wants to support the monarchists they won't refuse him for sure.

I agree, it's nice that Prince Nicholas was invited to Prince Joseph's baptism, I didn't realise that he was friendly with the Vendomes.

It has also been interesting reading up on the discussions about Prince Nicholas and the rest of the Romanian RF. I wonder if he will ever be accepted into the RF again or be reinstalled as a prince.

Mr Medforth Mills could be envolved in the monarchist movement but I doubt he will do it.

Sorry, but what is your point?

One is rather confused as to how it actually adds to the discussion at hand (i.e. Prince Nicholas).

Well, his point is and always was, to doubt the legitimacy of Nicolae as one of King Michael´s heirs and that he wished to see a german prince of the Hohenzollern dynasty, a family virtually unknown in Romania these days, to become the official heirs of the deceased romanian crown after King Michael´s death.
From many of Henri, sorry, Duc´s posts, I learned that Nicholas was a thorne in his side at his time as Prince of Romania - possibly because one of his parents was a commoner....:lol: and so he seemed quite relieved when the Prince was dismissed by his frail grandfather last august.
Duc embraces every opportunity to speak against every positive impact or achievement Nicholas had in Romania. So this newest statement of his does not surprise me.

Last edited:
Certainly Mr Medforth Mills was the most popular member of the Kin's Family after the King himself.

I had (and I still do have) great admiration for Nicholas.

His grandfather decided to make him a prince and to ask him to represent Romania from within the Royal Family. Sounds like a fairytale - but he changed his life for the sake of his grandfather's request and worked hard to make something of the request.

He learned the country's language, moved from his home to Bucharest, learned about the country's history and culture, carried out engagement and set up charitable interests and became a popular member of the family.

Then he was sent away again.

I had (and I still do have) great admiration for Nicholas.

His grandfather decided to make him a prince and to ask him to represent Romania from within the Royal Family. Sounds like a fairytale - but he changed his life for the sake of his grandfather's request and worked hard to make something of the request.

He learned the country's language, moved from his home to Bucharest, learned about the country's history and culture, carried out engagement and set up charitable interests and became a popular member of the family.

Then he was sent away again.

He came to Romania not only for love for his grandfather but also for the country.

Certainly Mr Medforth Mills was the most popular member of the Kin's Family after the King himself.

You oppose the changes in the line of succession: cutting the House of Hohenzollern out. At the same time you seem to see Mr Medforth-Mills as only reliable candidate. Did I understand this correctly?

He can only be a candidate when he is re-instated back into the michaelist line of succession which you seem to oppose. So you are not clear in what you want. Hohenzollern? Or Medforth-Mills?

You oppose the changes in the line of succession: cutting the House of Hohenzollern out. At the same time you seem to see Mr Medforth-Mills as only reliable candidate. Did I understand this correctly?

He can only be a candidate when he is re-instated back into the michaelist line of succession which you seem to oppose. So you are not clear in what you want. Hohenzollern? Or Medforth-Mills?

Nicholas' surname has been "de Roumanie" for years.

But, carry on with ignoring reality. ;)

Serves many quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom