Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not talking about powers, responsibilities etc. but about protocol. I´ve learnt that Pcss Caroline only became a "Royal Highness" since she got married to Prince E A of Hanover. None of the Grimaldis is a "HRH" by birth, nor the sovereign prince a "Majesty".
And yes, an ex monarch during the napoleonic time was much more "royal" than "His Imperial Majesty Napoleon, Emperor of the French", who was an usurper and crowned himself, although Master of at least two thirds of europe at the time. The only way to be "royal" is to get married into a royal house or to be born into it!

Talking about "reigning" and "governing", Prince Albert´s duties cover those comparing a Mayor of european cities like Manchester, Naples, Hamburg or Munich (note that Monaco is about as bis as the "English Park" in Munich...:whistling:).
Although he is "governing" the influence of, for instance the british Queen, head of a former world power and still head of the Commonwealth, is much bigger!

Many people seem to forget ALL royalty began with a person, like Napoléon, deciding - for wharever reason - that he wanted to be an emperor/king/tsar, and thus, he was. Nobody is more "royal" than anybody else; there isn't anybody born, nor has anybody ever been born with "royal blood," or born of the "blood royal." "Royalty," and all titles, styles, images, etc. associated with it are only concepts. Royals are living, breathing human beings, albeit extremely wealthy, and nothing more. There is no reason for me to ever curtsey to anybody, be it a king, queen, prince, etc. The only entity I would ever curtsey to is Jesus Christ himself. GOD never sanctioned anybody to be "royal"; William the Conquerer was not born with a piece of paper from the LORD above stating Wm was given a divine privilege to be the future King of England. He had the blood of a human being just as we all do. Again, royalty is a concept only - nothing more. The next time someone mentions Napoléon crowned himself and wasn't really royalty, and you believe that, then you must also believe that no one is really royalty. Just sayin'. ? ?????

Quite many indeed.

it is not very easy to know the truth but it seems Mr Medforth Mills misses Romania and maybe misses his envolvment in the activities of the Royal family too.

Which one of them?

No news of any meeting with them asfter what happened in august.

Last edited by a moderator:
We can not judge how many persons are for a new monarchy, they are perhaps many but there must be for more a majority of people for a new monachy in the country because a king or a queen must be above the politic parties.

I am curious to learn how you found out? Did you ask royalists? How did you find these royalists? How do you know the royalists you asked did represent "many royalists"? Mr Medforth-Mills has less than 5000 "friends" (are these the royalists you mean?) on FB

Actually, this is not quite the whole picture regarding the presence of the Romanian Royal Family on social media.

The personal Facebook account of one "Nicholas De Roumanie Medforth-Mills" has 5k friends and 5k followers.

The public Facebook page of one "Principele Nicolae al Romaniei" (which was administered by the Royal House) has 25k likes.

The public Facebook page of one "Nicolae de Roumanie Medforth-Mills" (which has been administered by Nicholas since leaving Romania) has nearly 7k likes.

Conversely...

The public Facebook page of the Royal Family of Romania ("Familia Regala a Romaniei" - administered by the Royal House) has 132k likes.

The public Facebook page of the Princess Margarita of Romania Foundation ("Fundatia Principesa Margareta a Romaniei" - administered by the Royal House) has 58k likes.

The public Facebook page of Princess Maria of Romania ("ASR Principesa Maria a Romaniei" - administered by the Royal House) has 15k likes.

Ergo, the social media presence of Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth-Mills (he was always known by this name--never just as "Nicholas Medforth-Mills") is not inconsiderable, especially considering all that has happened recently. :flowers:

I have been trying to keep up with this board since returning just two days ago -and unfortunately, I am not doing so great at it! Please assist my understanding as to the reasoning behind his "demotion". Has this ever been released?

Crown Princess Margareta told Marilena Rotaru that Nicholas had been disinherited because of ties to the former President Basescu. Rotaru is a leading royalist and was until her recent resignation the co-president of the monarchist association ANRM.

However, it has emerged that Nicholas conceived a child with Romanian Nicoleta Cirjan, a conception that was discovered in July, whereupon Prince Nicholas informed his aunt and uncle of the development. When the Crown Princess and her husband found out about the pregnancy, they were not well-pleased, and thus unfolded the events of August. The infant is due in early 2016.

Nicolás de Rumanía, sin trono por dejar embarazada a una joven

Royal Musings: is a baby the reason Nicholas Medforth-Mills lost his succession rights and title.

Genealogist Marlene Koenig, who has known the Romanian Royal Family for many decades, has stated that the Royal House was already aware of this "news" when it became public in November.

It would appear that the occupants of Elisabeta Palace may have deliberately spread disinformation in order to damage the reputation of Prince Nicholas. Given the history of the Royal Family, one imagines Romanians would have been quick to forgive Nicholas this act of indiscretion. Yet, if Prince Nicholas had become unpopular with certain occupants of Elisabeta Palace, this pregnancy might have been all that was needed to eject him from his role.

Last edited:
it is not very easy to know the truth but it seems Mr Medforth Mills misses Romania and maybe misses his envolvment in the activities of the Royal family too.

I think so too. He had got well into his life in Romania, found a good role as a member of the royal family and was able to have a job which interested him and in which he was good at, especially working with children and young people.

It will be interesting to see what happens after king Michael and queen Anne have passed away. It is clear that Nicholas loves and still respects them and doesn't want to cause them any harm. But the things can be different, when his grandparents aren't there anymore.

I think so too. He had got well into his life in Romania, found a good role as a member of the royal family and was able to have a job which interested him and in which he was good at, especially working with children and young people.

It will be interesting to see what happens after king Michael and queen Anne have passed away. It is clear that Nicholas loves and still respects them and doesn't want to cause them any harm. But the things can be different, when his grandparents aren't there anymore.

Is not known if he still has any dialogue with his aunts in Bucharest.

And both his own mother Princess Elena as well his own sister Karina (no Princess) remain stoney silent. No word about it, no public appearance with him, nothing...

Crown Princess Margareta told Marilena Rotaru that Nicholas had been disinherited because of ties to the former President Basescu. Rotaru is a leading royalist and was until her recent resignation the co-president of the monarchist association ANRM.

However, it has emerged that Nicholas conceived a child with Romanian Nicoleta Cirjan, a conception that was discovered in July, whereupon Prince Nicholas informed his aunt and uncle of the development. When the Crown Princess and her husband found out about the pregnancy, they were not well-pleased, and thus unfolded the events of August. The infant is due in early 2016.

Nicolás de Rumanía, sin trono por dejar embarazada a una joven

Royal Musings: is a baby the reason Nicholas Medforth-Mills lost his succession rights and title.

Genealogist Marlene Koenig, who has known the Romanian Royal Family for many decades, has stated that the Royal House was already aware of this "news" when it became public in November.

It would appear that the occupants of Elisabeta Palace may have deliberately spread disinformation in order to damage the reputation of Prince Nicholas. Given the history of the Royal Family, one imagines Romanians would have been quick to forgive Nicholas this act of indiscretion. Yet, if Prince Nicholas had become unpopular with certain occupants of Elisabeta Palace, this pregnancy might have been all that was needed to eject him from his role.

I was nothing waiting for this news. Nicholas will have a child?

Who can take the place of Nicholas? is the royal family to address this issue?

Both Princess Elena and her daughter were not seen recently in Romania at all.Hard to know what they both believe about what happened to Mr Medforth Mills.

Mr Medforth Mills visited Bucharest for few days last week while his aunt and her husband were in Switzerland.

So this story with an illegitimate child was true?! I thought it was just some rumours, and until we won't get any official confirmation or a confirmation from Nicolae it's nothing to talk about :ermm:

Would not it be better Nicolae again become crown prince of Romania and his son also have a place in line?

Would not it be better Nicolae again become crown prince of Romania and his son also have a place in line?

He was never Crown Prince and his child would never have a place in the line of succession unless the parents were married.

DNA will prove this one way or another.

So this story with an illegitimate child was true?! I thought it was just some rumours, and until we won't get any official confirmation or a confirmation from Nicolae it's nothing to talk about :ermm:

The original article quoted a palace source and they said believed their source even after they contacted the pregnant woman who denied the relationship with Nicholas and him being the father of her unborn child. But there have bee many rumours that have come and gone so we may be just waiting for DNA on this one.

Who is to say that he wants to know if the child is truly his or not?

No, nobody has ever confirmed anything.
Not even Miss Cirjan has ever openly said that the baby is Nicholas' daughter, if I don't mistake.

No, nobody has ever confirmed anything.
Not even Miss Cirjan has ever openly said that the baby is Nicholas' daughter, if I don't mistake.

Maybe something got lost in translation, but I've always taken the original article that broke the story to have read that she denied he was the father. 24Flux said they believed their sources and broke the story anyway.

This is how google translates it.

"It is also responsible sources FLUX 24 say the father as King Michael's nephew, Nicholas. A week ago, FLUX 24 to contact her Nicoleta Cirjan to rebut or not our information. It denied the information and as such FLUX 24 decided to make them public."

EXCLUSIV/ FLUX 24 dezvăluie SECRETUL alungării Prințului Nicolae: Un copil nedorit de Casa Regală și BĂTĂLIA PENTRU AVERE

Also their source suggested Nicholas said the baby was a boy last summer, which was way to early to know. They also used info she blogged online later, in which never named a father, as if Nicholas was the father and the baby she calls a girl was his. Nicoleta Cirjan was shown in a picture with Nicholas at bikefest on May 31.

A week ago on Feb 6, the media again takes from her blog, which does not name a father just that he is not interested in being involved and thus does not exist as far as Nicoleta is concerned. But they treat it like it is a known fact that it is Nicholas's child even though that has not been confirmed. The info on her blog again contradicts recent stories from the media which said Nicholas was back in Romania for the birth of his child.

https://translate.google.ca/transla...rupe-tacerea-am-luat-decizia.html&prev=search

If she does indeed think it his baby despite the denial, then the only way it pieces together is if he has not shown an interest in the baby so far to Nicoleta because he doesn't think it is his and he is back for the birth to get a paternity test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom