The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Romania

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-10-2015, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Horthy View Post
I was responding to Ceallac so, yes, my post is relevant.
The King's grandson is a very nice young man and he is not like the King of Cambodia.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Some articles in today's newspapers talk about the shocking decision.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceallach View Post
Approximate English translation of above: He had involvement in professional sports, private activities that do not match the activity of Succession, had no diplomatic experience and these challenges were too large and could not not go so well in the future. "Said Ioan Luca Vlad adviser Royal House private.

Has Margarita diplomatic experience? What was he not given diplomatic experience or a diplomatic education over the last five years? What professional sport excludes you from succession? I only know about the cycling, is it cycling?

The more that is said, the more confusing it gets.
I'd give a lot to know the truth I really hope we will learn more with time.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Young Nicholas must be so sad ...
Old 08-10-2015, 07:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
The King's grandson is a very nice young man and he is not like the King of Cambodia.
I never said he was, you obviously did not read my post or the one I was responding too.

Furthermore are you saying the King of Cambodia is not a nice man (he isn't young, that is a fact).
Old 08-10-2015, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I never said he was, you obviously did not read my post or the one I was responding too.

Furthermore are you saying the King of Cambodia is not a nice man (he isn't young, that is a fact).
The King of Cambodia is very nice but he is very different from Nicholas de Roumanie.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:47 PM
Heir Apparent

The popularity of Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills was becoming increasingly difficult to be understood by those who wanted to maintain the status quo.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:54 PM
Courtier

To suggest the Crown Princess and Prince Radu somehow forced the King to remove Nicholas' title and succession rights is ridiculous. It's not like the couple has a bunch of children with rights to the throne.

But that's hardly a surprise, coming from people who have a history of trying to denigrate the Crown Princess and Prince Radu's image.

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:01 PM
Serene Highness

Wow, I'm shocked!
Yeah, I wouldn't blame M&R for that, we don't know what actually happened. Maybe it's really Nicholas not being happy with an uncertain position. ??

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 08-10-2015, 08:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
To suggest the Crown Princess and Prince Radu somehow forced the King to remove Nicholas' title and succession rights is ridiculous. It's not like the couple has a bunch of children with rights to the throne.

But that's hardly a surprise, coming from people who have a history of trying to denigrate the Crown Princess and Prince Radu's image.
Not only the fact that they have no children but it would make no sense considering that he brought GOOD press to the family. I seriously doubt he was planning a coup against his aunt, there would be no sense in that, and one would think Radu would use Nicholas popularity to his advantage. It isn't like Radu would ever be king.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Nobody could force the King to take such a decision but this not mean the King did not take the decision speaking with his advisers.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Not only the fact that they have no children but it would make no sense considering that he brought GOOD press to the family. I seriously doubt he was planning a coup against his aunt, there would be no sense in that, and one would think Radu would use Nicholas popularity to his advantage. It isn't like Radu would ever be king.
Exactly, but you probably know there are some people obsessed with tarnish the image of Prince Radu, aka the husband of Princess Margareta.

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Nicholas was the most popular member of the Family lately.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Nobody could force the King to take such a decision but this not mean the King did not take the decision speaking with them.
Of course the King discussed the situation with his daughter and son-in-law, after all he appointed her as his successor and future Head of the Royal House.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Why not discussing with Princess Elena and her son too?
Old 08-10-2015, 08:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Why not discussing with Princess Elena and her son too?
There's no evidence that he didn't discussed it with Nicholas, in fact the Royal House counselor that was interviewed said the decision came from the former Prince.

Maybe Princess Elena was not totally aware of the situation, but she does not even live in Romania.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Nobody spoke about a meeting between the King and his grandson before the decision was taken and Princess Elena received a letter to be informed about the decision.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Exactly, but you probably know there are some people obsessed with tarnish the image of Prince Radu, aka the husband of Princess Margareta.
True enough. He did make a minor mistake when he considered running for political office, on the other hand he has been instrumental in getting the family back in the public eye.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Nobody spoke about a meeting between the King and his grandson before the decision was taken and Princess Elena received a letter to be informed about the decision.
Just because nobody spoke about it, doesn't mean a meeting hasn't happened.

Also, humanity has invented a plethora of means of communication, that I'm sure the King and his grandson are aware about.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I am sure the Family would have spoken about a meeting if there were one. Nicholas left Romania without a Statement too.

Tags
prince nicolae, royal family of romania