Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Medforth Mills is not a member of the Royal Family and he is not even on the Line of Succession proposed by the King. I do not see any reason to have a thread dedicated to him here.

Mr Medforth Mills is not a member of the Royal Family and he is not even on the Line of Succession proposed by the King. I do not see any reason to have a thread dedicated to him here.

You know Cory Sarah Fergusson is not any more a member of BRF but she still has her thread there....

So Cory, if you don't see a reason for having this thread, why are you still posting here? And why have you continuously posted here in the past years?

As you can see throughout the Forums, we do not have only threads about just the members of the various Royal Houses in the strictest sense, but also about their relations and also about other people linked in various ways to the various Royal Houses (just to mention a few: the Casiraghis in the Monaco forum, the Snowdons in the British Forums, the Counts of Rosenborg and the Countess of Frederiksborg in the Danish Forums, the Counts of Wisborg in the Swedish Forums, etc. In the Romanian Forum there are also one thread where much has been posted - largely by you - about Paul Lambrino, and even one started by you about Dieter Stanzeleit, self-proclaimed Prince of Romania).

Back to this thread, you may not see they point of having it, but many others do. Since there is still interest in Nicholas Medforth Mills, this thread will be kept open.

Of course, if one doesn't have anymore an interest in this (or any other) thread, he/she can just ignore it.

As a former member of the Romanian Royal House and as a grandchild of King Michael, child of Princess Elena and nephew of Princess Margareta he remains a person of interest, of course.

If the real reason for His Majesty's decision is known but can't be published in a post, I'd also be grateful if someone would send me the information in a private message.

This evening all the Romanian press returned on this issue. ..

Last edited:
Sad story indeed..

Last edited:
Couragous or betraying the trust she was given?

But 'occult circles'... just when you think the whole saga couldn't get any odder.

The newspapers. ..

Last edited:
If Nicholas somehow got involved with Băsescu, then his aunt and uncle did not do a very good job of guiding him while he was finding his footing in Romanian society.

What exactly is meant by "occult circles"?

In one way or another maybe in the end learned and the rest people who interested in the truth (?). "occult circles" i do not know what to think about this, but one is for sure going as much as possible and better.

And another reaction, from writer Stelian Tanase, deploring Mrs Rotaru's lack of discretion and betrayal of trust by revealing the details.

Stelian Tănase confirmă culisele dezmoştenirii Principelui...

In essence he spoke of under the radar underworld, shady circles - revolving around the former prince Nicholas in order to "hit" the Royal House of Romania, but disagrees that this has been made public. "I was also called to such a discussion. I do not think that Ms. Rotaru was right, that information must remain confidential, as desired by the King. I know much more, the whole story, but please believe me that I can not say anything else, that would violate well-established convention. We should not be surprised that people try all sorts of things like that. This proves that royalty in Romania can become stronger. There may be political interests from those who do not want monarchy, there may be financial interests, do not forget the Peles and other property of the Royal House, "said Tanase.

Couragous or betraying the trust she was given?

But 'occult circles'... just when you think the whole saga couldn't get any odder.

"Occult" is badly translated into English here. What is meant is "shady", dubious, of doubtful honesty or legality.

There is not such a statement on the Facebook page of the president of the ANRM.

There is no longer such a statement on Mrs Rotaru's Facebook page. She obviously took it down, realising that it was not in order.

If Nicholas somehow got involved with Băsescu, then his aunt and uncle did not do a very good job of guiding him while he was finding his footing in Romanian society.

That's basically what I think too...
If Mrs Rotaru was right, that would explain King Michael's action and the meaning of his "explanatory" statement, that was all but clear.

[...]

There was no way for Nicholas Medforth-Mills or his uncle and aunt, or his grandparents to "escape" Mr Traian Băsescu. Until last year he was the President of Romania for 10 long years. How can someone "set foot" in Romanian society and escape the President for 10 years? So there was nothing wrong with the guidance and kudos to aunt Margareta and uncle Radu that they managed a Swiss-born British gentleman to become so close to the head of state of Romania.

Well, I suppose that one thing is having to do with the President on official and necessary occasion, but a different thing is to mingle with a circle of people linked with him who, as far as I understand, do not meet the approval of the Royal Family at all (to use an euphemism); this is something that can be prevented.

Well, I suppose that one thing is having to do with the President on official and necessary occasion, but a different thing is to mingle with a circle of people linked with him who, as far as I understand, do not meet the approval of the Royal Family at all (to use an euphemism); this is something that can be prevented.

Well, when I mingle with the Obamas and become involved with the Clintons, the Bidens, the Boehmers, etc. that is part of how things evolve in society. Nicholas Medforth-Mills had to deal with the powers that be and yes, maybe he has pretty relationships with the former president. Maybe the gentleman could "arrange" things for his foundation, etc. Never too bad to have a president in your circle... Look at Don Juan Carlos de Borbón: he would never have been King of Spain had he not the trust of General Franco...

:whistling:

Last edited:
I suppose this is a closed chapter. Why should we spend so much time to speak about the life of a person that does not belong to the Royal Family?

There was no way for Nicholas Medforth-Mills or his uncle and aunt, or his grandparents to "escape" Mr Traian Băsescu. Until last year he was the President of Romania for 10 long years. How can someone "set foot" in Romanian society and escape the President for 10 years? So there was nothing wrong with the guidance and kudos to aunt Margareta and uncle Radu that they managed a Swiss-born British gentleman to become so close to the head of state of Romania.

Băsescu and the Royal Family have avoided one another in society for ages. The former president has been very supportive of Paul al Romaniei (né Lambrino) and served as godfather to said gentleman's son, Carol Ferdinand. Băsescu also made statements about King Michael referring to the monarch as a "servant of the Russians" and calling Michael's abdication a traitorous act. The then-president made a point of not attending when the King addressed Parliament on the occasion of his 90th birthday in 2011.

Conversely, King Michael and the Royal House have associated with current Prime Minister Ponta and President Iohannis, and have hosted these leaders at Elisabeta Palace several times.

Ergo, it would have been very unwise if Nicholas had been involved with Băsescu, as this would have displeased his grandfather. However, since yesterday, Mrs Rotaru has deleted the statement that she made on Facebook with her claims. Some who also know the Royal Family are saying that Nicholas had no involvement with the former president--so the truth remains to come out.

Last edited:
I suppose this is a closed chapter. Why should we spend so much time to speak about the life of a person that does not belong to the Royal Family?

For a long time, you have been very unkind in your contributions around Nicholas Medforth-Mills, for reasons I have been unable to understand from your entire collection of posts. Something clearly changed a few years back in your view, about the former prince. That to one side, it is not a closed chapter to Romanians interested in restoring the monarchy. It is not a closed chapter to monarchists globally, who spend time reading, writing and trying to understand.

Personally, I don't see how this chapter will be closed, until a more clear explanation is given and until an accepted order of succession is sorted to the Romanian throne.

Despite what you might wish Cory, this debate will continue, and I personally feel that the young man in question still is the future for the Romanian monarchy.

When it comes to current discussions around Nicholas and his alleged closeness to former presidents and powerful men, in a nation such as Romania, where power lies in few and strong closed-fisted hands, it does not seem unwise to attempt to open them with diplomatic and curtious communication.

Any future king of Romania will need to be able to communicate with different segments of Romanian society, and despite the former president being quite far up on the list of undesireables, I am not certain it helps more to keep an abyss between the RF and the annoyingly strong cliquė that surrounds and supports Bâsescu and the political views he represents.

Last edited:
Sometimes we can't explain some of our change of attitude because we just can't say here everything.
I have always supported a clear Succession to the Throne in the interest of Monarchy and I looked with a lot of interest the popularity of Mr Medforth Mills. His Family decided in a certain way and we have to respect that decision.

If he continued his shady associations inspite of repeated warnings and reprimands then maybe his removal is justified.. That means it was going on for quite sometime.. But the entire media had no idea about his hanging out with underworld.. Strange!
And why would anyone be so self-destructive..

Cancan is just a tabloid, printing every juicy gossip and scandal, from "stars" of The Voice to a Romanian who can communicate with Michael Jackson, from a politician linked to a brothel to a chicken who laid a siamese egg. Name it and they print it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom