The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 01-17-2018, 09:52 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 20,168
Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills: Discussion, Succession, Paternity Claims



Arms of the Kingdom of Romania

Welcome to Nicholas de Roumanie Midforth Mills Discussion, Succession and Paternity Claims thread.

Commencing January 17th, 2018

A previous thread about Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

***
__________________

__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-17-2018, 11:00 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 20,168
With the death of King Michael a chapter has been closed. The Romanian mod. team has therefore decided to re-organize the Romanian forum.

We have noticed that in the past we often saw the same discussion being held by the same posters in a multitude of different threads.

Since most posters of the Romanian forum have been posting here for several years we can assume that you understand where to post what comments. Posting the same arguments in several different threads can only mean that the poster, although understanding the different topics, choses to disregard them to suit his or her own agenda.

The Romanian mod. team would like to point out that off topic posts will be regarded as a way to further your own agenda. We therefore will DELETE each and every off topic post. You can regard this message as a notification of possible future deletions.

to help you navigate this forum, please note that:

* Posts about the relationship between the the Custodian of the Crown and Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills can be posted in this thread.
* Posts about the paternity suit against Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills can be posted in this thread.
* Posts about the Princely title of Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills can be posted in this thread.

* Posts about the relationship with - and the succession rights of the house of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen can be posted here.
* Posts about the succession rights of other descendants of King Carol II can be posted here.
* Posts about the future and possible restoration of the Romanian monarchy can be posted here.
* Posts about the title of "Custodian of the Crown" can be posted here.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the moderators of the Romanian forum.

***
__________________

__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-27-2018, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,679
Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills clearly said he had no good relationship with his eldest aunt and with his mother. He has no communication with any of them:

https://www.flux24.ro/principele-nic...si-matusa-mea/

Those that try to present the " unity" of the late King's Family should better see the reality or continue with wishful thinking.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-28-2018, 08:18 PM
LadyRohan's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden, Slovenia
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills clearly said he had no good relationship with his eldest aunt and with his mother. He has no communication with any of them:

https://www.flux24.ro/principele-nic...si-matusa-mea/

Those that try to present the " unity" of the late King's Family should better see the reality or continue with wishful thinking.
There is nothing new in this. It has been clear for a long time that relations are strained between Nicholas and both his mother and aunt, for reasons both previously speculated about, with some publicly disclosed.
What is important is that he clearly calls for unity, and as every realistic monarchist knows, the path of the monarchy lies in the generation of Nicholas M-M. It will still take some time, but I'm convinced it will happen, and Nicholas relocating back to Romania permanently is a good step along the way.
__________________
"He who has never failed to reach perfection, has a right to be the harshest critic" - Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-01-2018, 05:05 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,679
Those that started a campaign against Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills in 2015 have to recognize their mistakes, recognize the King had never been against his grandson and act accordingly.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-01-2018, 05:29 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRohan View Post
There is nothing new in this. It has been clear for a long time that relations are strained between Nicholas and both his mother and aunt, for reasons both previously speculated about, with some publicly disclosed.
What is important is that he clearly calls for unity, and as every realistic monarchist knows, the path of the monarchy lies in the generation of Nicholas M-M. It will still take some time, but I'm convinced it will happen, and Nicholas relocating back to Romania permanently is a good step along the way.
I find it encouraging that he expresses the hope that his family will attend his wedding but regret his habit of talking to the media about family issues; as we saw with the 'War of the Waleses', this does nothing to de-escalate tensions.

Furthermore, such comments only provide fodder to republicans and the faction of 'monarchists', journalists and their allies who actually don't want a reconciliation because it would deprive them of a 'figurehead' in their campaign against the King's designated heir.

As you say, Lady Rohan, it will take time, and it requires movement on both sides, but I am hopeful that the family will come together and continue to work in the service of Romania.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-01-2018, 05:36 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
I find it encouraging that he expresses the hope that his family will attend his wedding but regret his habit of talking to the media about family issues; as we saw with the 'War of the Waleses', this does nothing to de-escalate tensions.

Furthermore, such comments only provide fodder to republicans and the faction of 'monarchists', journalists and their allies who actually don't want a reconciliation because it would deprive them of a 'figurehead' in their campaign against the King's designated heir.

As you say, Lady Rohan, it will take time, and it requires movement on both sides, but I am hopeful that the family will come together and continue to work in the service of Romania.
His aunt and his mother put statements using the " official site" against him when the King was sick. On the contrary he tries to bring unity among family members even if he knows very well the reality.
The republicans certainly do not support Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills because he is the hope if the monarchists.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-01-2018, 05:54 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 8,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
His aunt and his mother put statements using the " official site" against him when the King was sick. On the contrary he tries to bring unity among family members even if he knows very well the reality.
The republicans certainly do not support Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills because he is the hope if the monarchists.
Why oes this matter to you? You support the legitmist line (Hohenzollern) so Nicholas is of no any relevance here.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-01-2018, 06:51 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Why oes this matter to you? You support the legitmist line (Hohenzollern) so Nicholas is of no any relevance here.
We should not be indifferent to how the very popular grandson of the King is treated publicly.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-01-2018, 07:40 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 8,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
We should not be indifferent to how the very popular grandson of the King is treated publicly.
Cristiano Ronaldo is also very popular. He is as relevant to the succession of the former throne of Portugal as Nicholas Medforth-Mills is to the succession of the former throne of Romania. After all you again and again stress that the daughters of King Michael and their offspring have no succession rights.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-01-2018, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Cristiano Ronaldo is also very popular. He is as relevant to the succession of the former throne of Portugal as Nicholas Medforth-Mills is to the succession of the former throne of Romania. After all you again and again stress that the daughters of King Michael and their offspring have no succession rights.
In case of the restoration of the Monarchy the only descendant of the King that could be proclaimed King is Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills. He is popular because he us like his grandfather and because people see how he was mistreated by his own relatives.Obviously at the moment he does not have dynastic rights. The Parliament can change this in case of restoration.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-01-2018, 10:14 AM
LadyRohan's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden, Slovenia
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
In case of the restoration of the Monarchy the only descendant of the King that could be proclaimed King is Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills. He is popular because he us like his grandfather and because people see how he was mistreated by his own relatives.Obviously at the moment he does not have dynastic rights. The Parliament can change this in case of restoration.
Again, how do you reason that view, when you've proclaimed the 'descendants of the King', what the rest of the world recognizes as the Royal Family of Romania, as illegitimate heirs? Does it just suit your agenda against the Custodian to support any person that isn't her, to continuously undermine her?

Where is the Hohenzollern, so-called legitimist and lawful line, now?

'The Parliament can change this in case of restoration'. You have denied Parliament has any role in deciding the line of succession for years now. Even for you, this is a new level of contradictory statements.
__________________
"He who has never failed to reach perfection, has a right to be the harshest critic" - Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-01-2018, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,679
The Parliament is sovereign to decide to continue with the Hohenzollern Succession which is the rightful one according to the old royalist Constitution or to bring a new Dynasty with the popular Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills as King.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-01-2018, 10:23 AM
LadyRohan's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden, Slovenia
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
The Parliament is sovereign to decide to continue with the Hohenzollern Succession which is the rightful one according to the old royalist Constitution or to bring a new Dynasty with the popular Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills as King.
So, a completely new view than the one you've espoused for years now. Good.
__________________
"He who has never failed to reach perfection, has a right to be the harshest critic" - Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-01-2018, 10:32 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 8,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
In case of the restoration of the Monarchy the only descendant of the King that could be proclaimed King is Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills. He is popular because he us like his grandfather and because people see how he was mistreated by his own relatives.Obviously at the moment he does not have dynastic rights. The Parliament can change this in case of restoration.
This has nothing to do with monarchy, which is a system in which the head of state is "delivered" by hereditary succession. You rule out that the daughters of the late King are successors. They you can not maintain that Nicholas Medforth-Mills is a successor. Come on. It is A or it is B.

You sound like Teresa May: "We want out of the EU, out of the Single Market and out of the Custom Union" followed by "We do not want a border between the EU and the UK."

You and Teresa have the talent to let the rationale already collapsing before it is even written down.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-01-2018, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
This has nothing to do with monarchy, which is a system in which the head of state is "delivered" by hereditary succession. You rule out that the daughters of the late King are successors. They you can not maintain that Nicholas Medforth-Mills is a successor. Come on. It is A or it is B.

You sound like Teresa May: "We want out of the EU, out of the Single Market and out of the Custom Union" followed by "We do not want a border between the EU and the UK."

You and Teresa have the talent to let the rationale already collapsing before it is even written down.
The Constitution of 1923 allows the possibility of a new Dynasty and certainly Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills would represent a new Dynasty.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-01-2018, 11:44 AM
LadyRohan's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden, Slovenia
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
The Constitution of 1923 allows the possibility of a new Dynasty and certainly Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills would represent a new Dynasty.
No, it does not. A grandson of the King does not represent a new dynasty, he represents the Royal Family already in place.
__________________
"He who has never failed to reach perfection, has a right to be the harshest critic" - Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-01-2018, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,679
The Constitution of 1923 speaks clearly about Succession giving two opportnities: the Hohenzollerns and a new Dynasty. Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills dies not have any dynastic rightsbecause son of a Princess but he could become the founder o a new Dynasty being related with the extinct Dynasty too.

Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills does not work in the same direction as his eldest aunt because he is in favour of Monarchy not in favour of a pro-republican compromise. On the other hand the two of them do not communicate and have nothing really in common. The hostility of some members of the Family towards Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills started in 2015 and continues today. On the contrary the popularity of the King's grandson is growing.

*
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-01-2018, 01:01 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 20,168
Out of curiosity: how is it known that Mr. de Roumanie Medforth Mills is not in favor of a compromise? Did he ever express clear views about the matter?
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-01-2018, 02:38 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 8,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
The Constitution of 1923 speaks clearly about Succession giving two opportnities: the Hohenzollerns and a new Dynasty. Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills dies not have any dynastic rightsbecause son of a Princess but he could become the founder o a new Dynasty being related with the extinct Dynasty too.

Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills does not work in the same direction as his eldest aunt because he is in favour of Monarchy not in favour of a pro-republican compromise. On the other hand the two of them do not communicate and have nothing really in common. The hostility of some members of the Family towards Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills started in 2015 and continues today. On the contrary the popularity of the King's grandson is growing.

*
It is mindboggling. The eldest daughter of the late King who clearly is respected and met with all égards in all layers of society, is just shoven aside. In turn you advocate a man whom was kicked out of the succession, out of the Royal House and lost his shortlived princely title.

But it is all just varieté. We all know that the republic of Romania will never swap the system in which all Romanians have a say for a system in which Ms Binder's reproduction organ determines the head of state.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nicholas & Alina Maria de Roumanie Medforth Mills, News & Events (Jan 2018 -Current) Marengo The Royal Family of Romania 286 12-16-2018 08:31 AM
Elisabeta-Karina De Roumanie Medforth-Mills USCtrojan The Royal Family of Romania 159 01-17-2018 10:46 AM
Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania) ally_cooper The Royal Family of Romania 1993 01-17-2018 04:51 AM




Popular Tags
bavaria;house;chef;luitpold;ludwig belgian british royal family camilla china clothes countess of wessex crown princess victoria current events danish royal family de belgique denmark duchessofcambridge duchess of cornwall duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of edinburgh emma fashion felipe and letizia forum gordon hasnat khan head of the house history interesting facts interests juan carlos king felipe king felipe vi lineage meghan markle member norwegian royal family patron plantagenets porphyria prince charles prince harry prince harry of wales princenapoleon princess beatrice princess claire princess diana princess eugenie princess of belgium pyrmont queen elisabeth queen elizabeth queen letizia queen mathilde remarriage royal royal ancestry royal ancestry; oscar and sophia royal family royal geneology royal wedding rumania sarah duchess of york state visit sweden tradition van belgië viscount severn waldeck wedding wedding of prince harry windsor castle ww1



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises