Nicholas & Alina Maria de Roumanie Medforth Mills, News & Events 1: 2018 - Dec 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicolae and Alina-Maria were yesterday at a wedding in Schloss Hardenberg.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0JynUYniYs/

Another photo of Nicolae and Alina-Maria at the wedding, with Pamela Roussos Ratiu
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=70cb218a1904ecdd8688cea2c37fd918&oe=5DA2116E

Nicolae is the Honorary Ambassador of Transylvania Basketball Tournament since 2018. He attended the tournament last year, maybe we will see him again at the 2019 Tournament in the autumn.
THE TBT COLLECTIVE _ Transylvania Basketball Tournament
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=1f4d5b541f2ac123cb6b3cd909730cde&oe=5DAB9B84

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning I went to the Funerals of HSH Princess Stephanie of Windisch Graetz.
After the Mass I spoke with nobilities and diplomats.

Nicholas and Alina-Maria of Romania attended the wedding of Countess Pauline von Hardenberg and Mr Gregor Roy Chowdhury over the weekend. Gregor's mother is Countess Katalin Mikes de Zabola. Nicholas and Alina-Maria are friends of the groom.

https://eurohistoryjournal.blogspot.com/2019/07/nicholas-and-alina-maria-of-romania.html
The details about the grooms family made me aware of the fact that Romanian nobles has an atleast nominal possibility of getting their old properties back. I had no idea about this

http://transylvanianow.com/the-restoration-of-the-transylvanian-hungarian-aristocracy-vii/

The details about the grooms family made me aware of the fact that Romanian nobles has an atleast nominal possibility of getting their old properties back. I had no idea about this

The restoration of the Transylvanian Hungarian aristocracy - VII. - Transylvania Now

Indeed. Alina was kind enough to let me know who the groom was (and about his maternal family) as there have been no other reports about the wedding. Gregor's mother, Countess Katalin Mikes, seems to have had a most extraordinary life: her father died the year after she was born, she and her mother (who was also a Mikes de Zabola by birth) had to flee Romania, the family lost all their properties - and, then, decades later, they were finally able to get a good deal of the Mikes estate returned and to turn it into a place where tourists can enjoy the family history by staying at the castle.

Indeed. Alina was kind enough to let me know who the groom was (and about his maternal family) as there have been no other reports about the wedding. Gregor's mother, Countess Katalin Mikes, seems to have had a most extraordinary life: her father died the year after she was born, she and her mother (who was also a Mikes de Zabola by birth) had to flee Romania, the family lost all their properties - and, then, decades later, they were finally able to get a good deal of the Mikes estate returned and to turn it into a place where tourists can enjoy the family history by staying at the castle.
I'm very surprised. To my knowledge only Romania, Czechia and maybe Poland have returned some properties to the former nobility.
I know Count Jakob Eltz was allowed to return to Vukovar in Croatia, but I don't think he got his properties back.

I really hope his aunt, Margareta will reinstate his title and style and put him back again in the line of succession.

He looks like a warm person.

I really hope his aunt, Margareta will reinstate his title and style and put him back again in the line of succession.

Let us not forget that there is a more important person with which Nicholas is brouillé as well: his very own mother Princess Elena, the future head of the Royal House. Let him start with his mother first. Princess Margareta will not move unless Nicholas has cleared things with his mother (Margareta's sister).

Let us not forget that there is a more important person with which Nicholas is brouillé as well: his very own mother Princess Elena, the future head of the Royal House. Let him start with his mother first. Princess Margareta will not move unless Nicholas has cleared things with his mother (Margareta's sister).

I always forget about his mother though. But yes, Princess Elena has been very busy nowadays helping her older sister. I like how things are going with the family.

I guess she of all people would be the last to re-install him...;):whistling:

I guess she of all people would be the last to re-install him...;):whistling:

I think HM Margareta would re-install him if she could. They were a golden couple, so often together that one would forget there is someone else between them: Princess Elena.

After all: as long as the current Number One in the succession (Princess Elena) and the former Number Three (Nicholas) are not on speaking terms, it makes no sense fors HM Margareta to te-instate her nephew: the feud then is still unresolved and imported into the heart of the monarchy. Not very desirable, I think.

I think HM Margareta would re-install him if she could. They were a golden couple, so often together that one would forget there is someone else between them: Princess Elena.

After all: as long as the current Number One in the succession (Princess Elena) and the former Number Three (Nicholas) are not on speaking terms, it makes no sense fors HM Margareta to te-instate her nephew: the feud then is still unresolved and imported into the heart of the monarchy. Not very desirable, I think.

Some people also forget that Number Two (Karina de Roumanie Medforth-Mills) is not estranged from her brother, and, in fact, was the only member of the groom's immediate family present at Nicholas' wedding.

It is curious that Princess Helen is on one side, and her children are on the other.

Some people also forget that Number Two (Karina de Roumanie Medforth-Mills) is not estranged from her brother, and, in fact, was the only member of the groom's immediate family present at Nicholas' wedding.

It is curious that Princess Helen is on one side, and her children are on the other.

It is in the core business of a monarchy to procreate. Of course there ARE heirs, as children of Karina and Élisabeth will be as much successors as Nicholas himself once was. It is a pity because it came totally out of the blue, and that while Margareta and Radu almost looked inseparable with Nicholas, very much positioning him as the future. It is so sad but I guess there were things we have no idea about.

It is in the core business of a monarchy to procreate. Of course there ARE heirs, as children of Karina and Élisabeth will be as much successors as Nicholas himself once was. It is a pity because it came totally out of the blue, and that while Margareta and Radu almost looked inseparable with Nicholas, very much positioning him as the future. It is so sad but I guess there were things we have no idea about.

This is getting off topic, but, based on what is privately known of her private interests, Elisabeta Biarneix is more interested in her studies and artistic endeavours than in any dynastic post. There is nothing wrong with that: she is the youngest member in the line of succession, and she was not raised to believe that she would have to be a public figure. Indeed, the king and queen did not come to know their youngest grandchild for several years after her birth, due to the family estrangement that came about as a result of Princess Sophie's marriage.

Karina de Roumanie Medforth-Mills may be a different story. Yet, she remains a private person, she has not relocated to Romania. The only time she has been in the country in the last year was to attend the wedding of her brother Nicholas. If Karina ever becomes head of house, and if her aunt or her mother have not already restored her brother to his place, then you can bet your last euro that Karina is going to do it. These are a rare case of siblings in the modern Romanian royal family who have remained close despite the things that they have witnessed from other members of the family.

So, you think that one of Karina's first acts as new 'majesty' would be to give up this position by reinstating her brother? As he is the older sibling and therefore would be higher in line...

How would it work to give reinstate someone who will immediately take over your non-existent throne? Or would she remain the house's head and make her borther the most prominent member after her (or after her children if she would have them)?!

Those kind of hijinks sound more likely to have the family be further from any position where being "Head of the House" could matter than anything else.

So, you think that one of Karina's first acts as new 'majesty' would be to give up this position by reinstating her brother? As he is the older sibling and therefore would be higher in line...

How would it work to give reinstate someone who will immediately take over your non-existent throne? Or would she remain the house's head and make her borther the most prominent member after her (or after her children if she would have them)?!

Honestly, I think Nicholas will only be restored after Radu dies...unless the hatchet gets buried before then. So, I cannot say that I necessarily believe it is dependant on who is the Head of House. It could be under Princess Margarita or it could be under Princess Helen; I doubt it will get to the point of Karina succeeding before it happens.

Karina does not seem to be interested in a dynastic role, same as her cousin Elisabeta. Princess Margarita does not appear to be grooming either one of them to take over.

All will come well. I am not that pessimistic. Nicholas has to clear things out with his mother, Princess Elena. It simply makes no sense for HM Margareta to re-instate her nephew, as long as he and her sister are not speaking with each other.

Imagine that we have a King Charles. His niece Princess Beatrice has been thrown out of the succession, for mysterious reasons. There is an ice-age between Prince Andrew and Princess Beatrice. Can you imagine the King to re-instate his niece as long as his brother and his niece have not solved their problem?

I would say: mother and son first, then auntie is in the picture again.

Last edited:
King Michael had a very bad luck with his sons-in-law, not only with that Biarneix

The marriage with Radu Duda seems harmonious to me. And the marriage with Alexander Nixon McAteer likewise: the step-father of Nicholas and Karina seems very well-liked inside the royal family.

I agree that Nicholai’s prospects for a return into the Family are limited given the intrigues of Prince Radu’s accelerated movements around Romanian society and some machines of government which can be checked out on this listing:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Radu_of_Romania?wprov=sfti1

What in that Wikipedia article is ecactly limiting Nicholas' prospects?

His uncle Radu aside, Nicholas has to start with his own mother anyway, the current Heiress Presumptive, with which he is on non-speaking terms (his own mother did boycot his wedding). Let him start with Project "Get Mama Aboard" first before we drag conspiracion theories with "evil uncle Radu" blocking his theoretical prospects.

The outside temperature is too hot to go back and hotly re-rehearse the reasons why and by whom old and sick King Michael was informed about Nicholai’s lapse in principles. I agree blood relatives can more easily be reconciled as well as many people but there will probably be some opposition inside and outside the machinations of state and government that his uncle is very mindful of in his wide experience.

The outside temperature is too hot to go back and hotly re-rehearse the reasons why and by whom old and sick King Michael was informed about Nicholai’s lapse in principles. I agree blood relatives can more easily be reconciled as well as many people but there will probably be some opposition inside and outside the machinations of state and government that his uncle is very mindful of in his wide experience.

Princess Elena is the heir. Du moment we have a HM Elena, Radu becomes irrelevant. That is why Nicholas should focus on his mother.

HM Margareta is the keyhole in the gate. Princess Elena is the key which fits that keyhole. Nicholas needs to have that key first to open the gate. Fact is that the relationship with Princess Elena is troubled, for some reason. His extramarital child? Undesirable contacts with shady figures? Too close with opponents of the royal family disguised as "monarchists"? We can only guess what Princess Elena is so upset about.

Last edited:
Princess Elena is the heir. Du moment we have a HM Elena, Radu becomes irrelevant. That is why Nicholas should focus on his mother.

HM Margareta is the keyhole in the gate. Princess Elena is the key which fits that keyhole. Nicholas needs to have that key first to open the gate. Fact is that the relationship with Princess Elena is troubled, for some reason. His extramarital child? Undesirable contacts with shady figures? Too close with opponents of the royal family disguised as "monarchists"? We can only guess what Princess Elena is so upset about.

We don’t know what measure of influence Prince Radu will have over Elena after the death of his frail wife but I agree Nicholai’s best strategy is to win over his mother, the family and the people with his own actions and the appearance of his own heir, god willing..

We have the other thread to discuss about Nicolae and the succession.

Obviously Nicolae and Alina-Maria stayed in Germany after the wedding, since Alina-Maria posted this photo from Munich yesterday.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0S6l-6n2_F/

Alina-Maria in Brasov, Romania, she writes at her Instagram
"New project coming up soon #brasov #romania @luciarosca"
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0XsWH4H07O/

Alina-Maria wears an outfit from romanian designer Lucia Roşca, Lucia comments at Alina-Maria's Instagram
"Dear @alinamariaderoumanie, thank you for choosing one of our designs. You look absolutely stunning We are beyond grateful and honoured"

Please note that a number of posts containing heresay, second-hand accounts, speculations, rumour and gossip without verifiable and/or official sources have been removed.

Please be mindful that this thread has been set up by the Royal Forums team and that all points of view are welcome provided they are made within the rules of the Forum.

Nicolae at his website:

Visit to Germany
Nicolae al Romaniei visited Germany between July 16 and 18, in order to develop cultural and economic relations between Romania and Germany.
The public visit presented a series of strategic objectives, which relate to the diaspora, including: the knowledge of Saxon communities that emigrated during the communist period, but also of the Romanians who emigrated to Germany in recent years, and creating a favorable context for the realization of projects devoted to the Romanians living in the diaspora, by establishing an active dialogue with the representatives of the Romanian diplomacy in Germany, as well as with the German officials, members of some national interest institutions, to promote the image of Romania and to establish a bridge between two countries.
The first day was dedicated to a visit to the Romanian Consulate in Bonn, where he was greeted by the Consul General, Dr. Gheorghe Dimitrescu, the Romanian Consul Mr. Valentin-Cristian Florică and members of Gesellschaft der Siebenbürgen Sachsen in Deutschland, represented by Ms. Hanna Jung-Boldan. The talks referred to the situation of the Romanian Diaspora in Germany and the possible involvement of the two representatives of Romania in projects of cultural interest. The two people also enjoyed a visit to the Romanian Orthodox Church in the Consulate of Romania's Park, a traditional Maramurean-style wooden construction.
On July 16 and 17, Nicolae al Romaniei made two more visits: one at the Marksburg Castle in Braubach, the headquarters of the National Heritage Society for the Conservation and Consolidation of German Historic Buildings (Deutsche Burgenvereinigung), where he met Mr. Secretary General Gerhard Wagner, and another to the residence of the President of the Organization, Prince Maximilian zu Bentheim-Teklenburg in Rheda-Wiedenbrück. Both meetings have as a central point of discussion practical examples of administration and organization of national historical heritage resources that can be good examples for Romania.
Also, Nicolae al Romaniei had the opportunity to visit a small food factory, initiated by a Romanian, Transylvanian, named Klaus Winkler, moved to Germany 24 years ago. Winkler is the owner of Winklerswurst Company, the largest Romanian-made product line in the area.
Vizită în Germania _ Nicolae al Romaniei

Winklerswurst Company at its Facebook
A very special visit
Last Wednesday, 17.07.2019, we had the special pleasure to welcome Mr. Nicolae von Rumänien and his companionship to us. The grandson of the last Romanian king was particularly pleased to see that ancient traditions and a piece of culture from our homeland are looked after and practiced daily. After a brief company presentation, Mr. Winkler accompanied our guests through the operation, where our workstations and processes were explained.
After a delicious lunch in our bistro and a conversation in a very relaxed atmosphere, the farewell of our guests took place.
We thank our guests for the very pleasant and inspiring visit!
We look forward to seeing you again.

A photo of Nicolae and Alina-Maria at a café in Brasov, Romania on 11th July.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...tQVAdV76qJyE61xaZjNO_d0Yr2KtRm3hdawH0Mf&ifg=1

Last edited:
All will come well. I am not that pessimistic. Nicholas has to clear things out with his mother, Princess Elena. It simply makes no sense for HM Margareta to re-instate her nephew, as long as he and her sister are not speaking with each other.

Imagine that we have a King Charles. His niece Princess Beatrice has been thrown out of the succession, for mysterious reasons. There is an ice-age between Prince Andrew and Princess Beatrice. Can you imagine the King to re-instate his niece as long as his brother and his niece have not solved their problem?

I would say: mother and son first, then auntie is in the picture again.

I can imagine because for the monarch the reputation of the RF should come first and reputation always suffers immensely when someone is mysteriously frozen out. The thing between mother and son, in your example the D o York and Beatrice, is, 1st of all, a private thing between the two of them. The Monarchy should never suffer from that.
Yes, offiicially Èlena, as now "1st in line" is not that un-important for the rom. monarchy. But let´s be frank, how many Romanians favouring the monarchy are dreaming about a future Queen Èlena, should she outlive the current head? But for many people, Nicholas is some sort of a beacon of hope! His mother might be officially "important" in theory, but, unfair or not, an aged housewife could never compete with a shining "Disney-Prince"...!
So what I´m trying to say is, the meaning of the romanian royal house, at least to romanian royalists, should be put before personal quarrels and it would help the monarchial cause in this country a lot if the made mistakes would finally be taken back - also if that means that Pcss Èlena would be passed over (not in her line of succession, but in her anger about her son) by this. She as an individual should not be put before the interest of the monarchy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom