Nicholas & Alina Maria de Roumanie Medforth Mills, News & Events 1: 2018 - Dec 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TO Duc et Pair, Thank you for the information about King Mihai of Romania. I am stunned.

I believe from what I have read on these forums , that Princess Irina was removed from membership of the royal house because of her conviction in running an illegal cock fighting ring in America, and that his grandson was removed because he fathered ,and then denied fathering a child out of wedlock . I would say that I personally wish some "leeway" had been shown to Nicholas not only because of his relative youth at the time because he has been the only one of the younger generation to have shown any demonstrable interest in Romania . I cannot see that the deprivation of their "place in the royal house " has impacted in any way on the lives of any other of King Miha's descendant's as they have never played any part in ,or benefited in any way from it . I can of course only speak from the perspective of a non Romanian so I apologise in advance if I have missed any perspective . I have still not been able to fathom how a person can be deprived of a title that has belonged to them from the moment of their birth ,but then as recent event's in Belgium have shown times are changing .

The layout of Nicolae's website has been updated.
Nicolae al Romaniei

A photo of Nicolae at his visit to Gorj a couple of weeks ago
https://universulolteniei.ro/wp-con...80_3292013987592202_3633966626469819643_n.jpg

The city hall of Mănăstireni commune announces that Prince Nicolae visited the locality to promote it within a project to promote the Romanian villages.
FOTO_ Principele Nicolae al României, plimbat cu căruța în comuna Mănăstireni - Cluj24.ro

Asociației Principele Nicolae/Prince Nicolae Association starts a new project.
Nicolae's message, with english subtitles.
Centenarul Regelui/The King's Centennial is a special project of Asociației Principele Nicolae/Prince Nicolae Association, dedicated to the celebration of a century since the birth of His Majesty King Mihai I of Romania.
Nicolae's messages are impressive.

Asociatia Principele Nicolae/The Prince Nicolae Association has now a website.
Asociația Principele Nicolae

Nicolae is the President of the Association, Alina-Maria is the Vice-President and Fabian Radu is a secretary.
About Us – Asociația Principele Nicolae

At the website is links to people's stories about The King's Centennial.
Centenarul Regelui – Asociația Principele Nicolae

One of them is Marilena Rotaru, President of Mișcarea pentru Regat și Coroană (The Movement for the Kingdom and the Crown).

Last edited:
For Nicholas to be removed and stripped of the Title Prince of Romania, because he has a child out of wedlock and an illegal cockfight and serving time for it ,is a big difference in my book. I still feel there is more to the story. We only know what someone else want us to know. Well so be it. The Romanian Royal Family is running out of heirs,who really want the best for the Country and the people.

That is exactly what i said . King Miha obviously felt that he could bestow or remove the rank of HRH on his own wim . Nicolas's sister has never been given that rank although she is equal in birth to Nicholas . note that Irina has now been restored to HRH on the official royal website . Perhaps after the awaited birth Nicholas can re-take the place his grandfather originally intended for him . I hope so as he seem's truly committed to Romania and its people .

That is exactly what i said . King Miha obviously felt that he could bestow or remove the rank of HRH on his own wim . Nicolas's sister has never been given that rank although she is equal in birth to Nicholas . note that Irina has now been restored to HRH on the official royal website . Perhaps after the awaited birth Nicholas can re-take the place his grandfather originally intended for him . I hope so as he seem's truly committed to Romania and its people .

It was a defunct royal house and he was the Head of it. There are no laws governing it unlike in the Belgian case. He had previously declared himself and his heirs separate from the Hohenzollerns and adopted a different surname. He can bestow what he likes. The Romanian parliament wouldn't have been involved despite them acknowledging the King/Custodian in a quasi formal manner. The King of Spain removed Duchess of Palma from his sister even though she denied wrong doing.

Declaring complete independence from the Hohenzollern family was a wise move as they need to show they are for and from Romania since they did/do have an actual shot at a restoration or at least continuing as they are quasi officially within a republic.

I thought his sister did have titles, just that she has never used them or was involved in anything to do with Romania, preferring her life to be entirely private as Karina Medforth-Mills. No one knows much about her at all.

There were also rumours of Nicolae having ties or contact with the Romanian mob which is why the King reacted so strongly, though how true this is is unknown.

We don't know exactly how Nicolae behaved even if it was "just" about his daughter. It also seems that he became more "visible" as a "Prince" after it was stripped from him.

I do agree that any future for the family rests on Nicolae and his new son or daughter. So if his aunt or his mother don't restore him then either what role they have now dies or he "usurps" his sister with her permission but maybe not with the same nod they get from the government now.

Last edited:
Former King Michael was a man without scrupules. He not only took away the membership of the Royal House and the royal titles from his daughter Irina. In one go her - total innocent- children, his grandchildren, were eliminated as successors to the throne.

Earlier he desavoued his daughter Princess Sofia and her daughter, his granddaughter Élisabeth, from the royal family, later to take them back in grace and favour in the Royal House, after she had divorced from Alain Biarneix.

Out of nothing former King Michael created his Swiss-born British grandson a Prince of Romania to be included in his proposed line of succession. And out of nothing he removed him again. You don't think he was that cruel? See Irina de Roumanie, see Michael de Roumanie Kreuger, see Angelica de Roumanie Kreuger, see Sofia de Roumanie, see Élisabeth de Roumanie Biarneix and see Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth-Mills....

Former King Michael also denied his natural half-brother Carol his rights. In October 1995 a Romanian court ruled that Carol was the legitimate son of King Carol II. His half-brother, Former King Michael, appealed this ruling, but lost the case in an upper court of appeal in 1999. In March 2002, the Supreme Court of Romania ruled that there should be a retrial, and in July 2002 a lower court ruled again in Carol's favour. Michael again appealed, and in January 2003 he again lost the appeal. Michael again appealed in December 2003 thriving his own half-brother totally mad with a battery of lawyers. To prevent him getting his rightful inheritance in Romania (earlier Carol was successful in claiming his share of former Romanian royal properties in France and Portugal).

So where your fairytale assessment of former King Michael comes from is a mystery, as his actions seems to point to a rigid, uncompromising and unscrupulous character.
Well, you might be right, but he always was much appreciated and even loved by many other royal families (the british, greek, spanish royal couples were totally fond of him, the former GDukes of Luxembourg, too, the Prince of Wales also spoke with so much affection and even admiration about the late romanian King, to name only a few) - so I wonder if he had a two-faced character or are all these people poor in judgement?!
His daughters were all visibly and authentically devestated when he died. Nicolae always, until today, speaks with so much love and admiration about his grandfather. It is hard to believe all these people are completely wrong...

That he had great difficulties in accepting his half brother is only natural after he witnessed the unbearable suffering his father caused to Mihais adored mother, Queen Helen! As a boy, after years of seperation, he was forced to live with King Carol alone after his mother has been driven out of the country which must have been traumatic for a relatively small boy, and the quote "I didn´t know the man" as he, many years later, once put it, is well known. I don´t know how many nights he must have wept in his bed, missing his beloved mum... Things like that leave their marks on a person´s soul!

My guess is that Mihai was a strict, but fair person with very firm morale principles, shaped by many dramatic experiences, especially in his childhood and youth!

Last edited:
Mișcarea pentru Regat și Coroană (The Movement for the Kingdom and the Crown) tells at its Facebook, that Mișcarea pentru Regat și Coroană supports the project Centenarul Regelui of Asociația Principele Nicolae, dedicated to the celebration of a century since the birth of His Majesty King Mihai I of Romania. They gladly join Prince Nicolae's initiative to keep alive the memory of his grandfather, King Mihai, a sovereign who placed himself permanently in the service of others. 2021 - The Year of King Mihai!
Mișcarea Pentru Regat Și Coroană - Etusivu _ Facebook

Alina Binder and her husband, former Prince Nicolae, radiate happiness. The two will become parents next month.
Nicolae did not forget to pay tribute to his grandfather, King Mihai, who on October 25 would have turned 99 years. The former prince announced that he had dedicated a special project to him, entitled the King's Centennial.
Fans immediately congratulated him and told him that King Mihai would be proud of him.
Fostul principe Nicolae, noi declarații despre bebeluș_ „Nopțile nedormite...” _ Vedete _ Libertatea pentru femei.

Last edited by a moderator:
We can discuss lengths about former King Michael or about Princess Margareta. But the highway to a return into the royal family goes via Nicholas' mother Princess Elena.

As long as Nicholas remains on non-speaking-terms with his mother, the heiress, a return is far away. Let us hope that the first child of Nicholas / grandchild of Princess Elena will bring mother and son together again.

We can discuss lengths about former King Michael or about Princess Margareta. But the highway to a return into the royal family goes via Nicholas' mother Princess Elena.

As long as Nicholas remains on non-speaking-terms with his mother, the heiress, a return is far away. Let us hope that the first child of Nicholas / grandchild of Princess Elena will bring mother and son together again.

You're absolutely right. The key relationship is the one between Nicholas and his mother. There is no point in the Crown Princess restoring him to the line of succession only for his mother to kick him out again.

However, ....don't forget that the child will not be the first child of Nicholas or the first grandchild of Princess Elena.

I know nothing about Pss Elena. The rift between them must be deep. She rather deny her son or grandchild to be the future of Romania,just for what? A powerplay?. Nicholas first child was born out of wedlock, so it has no rights. But this bundle of joy has everything needed, to be an heir.

For Nicholas to be removed and stripped of the Title Prince of Romania, because he has a child out of wedlock and an illegal cockfight and serving time for it ,is a big difference in my book. I still feel there is more to the story. We only know what someone else want us to know. Well so be it. The Romanian Royal Family is running out of heirs,who really want the best for the Country and the people.

The Royal House has heirs:

Princess Elena of Romania
Elisabeta-Karina de Roumanie Medforth-Mills
Princess Sofia of Romania
Elisabeta-Maria de Roumanie Biarneix
Princess Marie of Romania

That they are female does or low-key does not make them lesser heirs. Victoria, Élisabeth, Ingrid-Alexandra, Catharina-Amalia, Leonor, Estelle are future reigning monarchs. We will see what happens in the future when Nicholas returns or not, how it will work out.

Last edited:

Elisabeta-Maria de Roumanie Biarneix https://cdn.knd.ro/media/521/2863/3...5148400.jpg?width=1200&height=853.38645418327

That they are female does or low-key does not make them lesser heirs. Victoria, Élisabeth, Ingrid-Alexandra, Catharina-Amalia, Leonor, Estelle are future reigning monarchs. We will see what happens in the future when Nicholas returns or not, how it will work out.

Can’t wait if Nicolae fathers a son or daughter: Many, not all in Romania just might rejoice!

You're absolutely right. The key relationship is the one between Nicholas and his mother. There is no point in the Crown Princess restoring him to the line of succession only for his mother to kick him out again.

However, ....don't forget that the child will not be the first child of Nicholas or the first grandchild of Princess Elena.

Which I think was the main reason that Nicholas was kicked out. King Mihai himself had too much trouble with his father who fathered an elder half-brother that he was extremely disappointed to see his grandson whom he had raised to the rank of prince of Romania making the a somewhat similar mistake as his father...

And Nicholas fighting his parenthood of his daughter didn't help (although I don't think the king would have been happy either if he had fully embraced the child resulting from his one-night-stand).

I forget about that. Apparently there is no relationship between Nicholas and his eldest child. This child out of wedlock and supposed too warm links with individuals with an own agenda seem to have been the trigger. We will never know.

There are two hindrances: the criminal investigation in Switzerland (has it been settled?) and the relationship between Princess Elena and her son Nicholas.

If organizing a cockfight was enough to be stripped from royal position (an outrageous sanction in my opinion), what is then the "befitting" sanction for assaulting individuals and unlawful intrusion? Imagine Princess Margareta reinstates her nephew as Prince of Romania and a successor and then a Judge would convict him for assaulting and trespassing? For King Michael lesser was enough to strip his daughter Irina.

Last edited:

Elisabeta-Maria de Roumanie Biarneix

The plain fact of the matter is that aside from a very occasional public appearance , ie the late kings funeral Nicholas's sister has shown no interest in Romania , his mother barely any more . I am not disregarding covid and its restriction's. The fact that they are female is irrelevant as the late king demonstrated in changing the salic inheritance of the crown and in his testament .
Regarding the eldest child of Nicholas , it is my understanding that following the recognition of her parentage both her mother ,and father have stressed that she is a private citizen .

I truly wish that the birth of her new grandchild will bring mother and son together , and that HRH Princess Elena will have a relationship with all her grandchildren

I truly wish that the birth of her new grandchild will bring mother and son together , and that HRH Princess Elena will have a relationship with all her grandchildren
I agree, but I fear that is unlikely to happen. They didn´t even reconcile at the grave of the King, a man they both loved so deeply... But one should never give up hope!

I agree, but I fear that is unlikely to happen. They didn´t even reconcile at the grave of the King, a man they both loved so deeply... But one should never give up hope!

A agree with you . he is not popular in Bucarest but only in Transylvania where he is promoting wine etc..
The Swiss Affair is not over.

Former Prince Nicolae promotes Ţara Călatei
During the visit to the Bologa Fortress, which is still being modernized and closed to the curious for the time being, Monitorul de Cluj intersected with Nicholas Michael of Romania Medforth-Mills, known to the general public as the former Prince Nicolae of Romania. He was on a visit to film as part of the "Prince and Traveler" project, designed to promote the beauty of the area.
Curious, with a smile on his face, Prince Nicolae was accompanied by his wife, Alina-Maria Binder, by Cosmin Giurgiu, president of the Association for the Promotion and Development of Transylvania, but also by the mayor of Poieni commune (to which the village of Bologa belongs), Gheorghe Boca. In addition to the Bologa Fortress, he also visited the Water Mill, being introduced to the traditional villages in the area, as well as the traditional Romanian and Hungarian ports.
Clujul recâștigă un obiectiv turistic important din Țara Călatei, Cetatea Bologa EXCLUSIV

Mișcarea pentru Regat și Coroană (The Movement for the Kingdom and the Crown) plants four Canadian oaks in honor of Nicolae's child, who is to be born these days.

"The Movement for the Kingdom and the Crown welcomes the birth of the new offspring of the Romanian Crown, the baby of Prince Nicolae and Alina-Maria de Roumanie with "Prince Nicolae's Oak" which we will plant these days in four areas in Romania."
Mișcarea pentru Regat și Coroană... - Mișcarea Pentru Regat Și Coroană _ Facebook

On 7th November the tree will be planted in The Alba Carolina Citadel.
In Pecica, near King Mihai's Oak, planted on October 25, 1921.
At Găești in the Central Park, on the road crossed by King Carol I in May 1866.
At the Dealu Monastery in Târgoviște, close to the “Nicolae Filipescu” Military School, where King Mihai studied.
Nicolae says on his Facebook: "We thank the Movement for the Kingdom and the Crown from the bottom of our hearts for this gift that will last over time and that future generations will enjoy!"
Mișcarea pentru Regat și Coroană va planta lângă Sala Unirii din Alba Iulia un stejar în onoarea copilului Principelui Nicolae - Alba24

Four oaks will be planted in Romania, at the birth of the child of Prince Nicolae and his wife, Alina-Maria
Patru stejari vor fi plantați în România, la nașterea copilului Principelui Nicolae și al soției sale, Alina-Maria _ Glasul Cetății

Last edited:
Nicolae and Alina-Maria in Synagogue in Caranșebeș on 20th September, Nicolae gave a speech.

Nicolae tells at his social media that Alina-Maria gave yesterday at 20.05 birth to their daughter, Maria-Alexandra, at Polizu Hospital in Bucharest. Alina-Maria and their daughter are both well and healthy.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHUqqvmJM8S/
Regele Mihai ,bunicul meu ,ne ocrotește... - Nicolae al Romaniei _ Facebook

At the announcement in Romanian, the name is written Maria-Alexandra, in english Maria Alexandra.

Nicolae has posted the announcement already two times to his social media and then taken it away. He has modified the text and now the announcements have been put back.

Prince Nicolae became a father. "King Mihai, my grandfather, protects us"
Printul Nicolae al Romaniei a devenit tata. ''Regele Mihai, bunicul meu, ne ocroteste''

Prince Nicolae announced the birth of his daughter Maria-Alexandra
Principele Nicolae al României a anunțat nașterea fiicei sale Maria-Alexandra

Glad she acknowledged this was her second granddaughter. But hopefully in time, this might lead to some personal healing for the family. I notice that she used Nicholas Medforth-Mills not Nicolae de Roumanie/ al Romaniei though.

There isn't any last name for Nicolae at princess Elena's message. Obviously it has been taken away.
Mesajul Alteței Sale Regale Principesa Elena _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania

Mișcarea pentru Regat și Coroană (The Movement for the Kingdom and the Crown) planted yesterday a Canadian Oak in honor of Nicolae and Alina-Maria's child in Alba Iulia.
The monogram at the fence around the oak.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Video of the planting

Nicolae tells at his social media that Alina-Maria gave yesterday at 20.05 birth to their daughter, Maria Alexandra, at Polizu Hospital in Bucharest. Alina-Maria and their daughter are both well and healthy.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHUmrKCpvbS/

That's wonderful news! Congratulations to Prince Nicholas and Princess Alina-Maria!
Welcome to the world little Princess :flowers::wub::wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom