King Michael's Younger Daughters: Elena, Irina, Sofia & Maria

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose Lee-Z you're right but it is not unfair to children to paying sins for the parents?

I suppose Lee-Z you're right but it is not unfair to children to paying sins for the parents?

I'm not familiar enough with the case to judge it. What i meant with my remark was that a case like that is often difficult enough for an established ruling RF to deal with (it always gives reason for the non-royalists in a country to demand for an end of the monarchy; usually that's just a small group of people, but I'm sure a RF would like to avoid events like it anyway), but for an abolished monarchy and a non-reigning RF, I could imagine it would be a very difficult situation (I was just interested in how this had landed in Romania itself :flowers: )

I'm sure the children visited Romania in the past (for instance for a family event etc.); did you mean your question as "have they visited" period, or "have they visited in an official event"?

No i mean if they have visited period not only in an official event.

I have never seen any document regarding the stripping of titles of the third daughter of the King.

I have never seen any document regarding the stripping of titles of the third daughter of the King.

Neither have I. But at the new website of the Royal Family is the Order of Precedence, and there Irina is Irina Walker
Ordinea de precădere
And she was earlier taken away from the Line of Succession
Linia de succesiune
The website is still not ready. They have made the biographies of part of the members of the family. Irina is Irina Walker when Elena is ASR Principesa Elena.
http://www.familiaregala.ro/familia-regala/prezentare
But when you open the link, there is spoken about princess Irina and not told that she wouldn't be a princess anymore.
Irina Walker
Princess Maria attended on Monday at the 140th anniversary of the Jockey Club in Bucharest.
Jockey Club, 140 de ani de la înființare _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Princess Maria attended on Tuesday at the solemn session of the Academy of Medical Sciences celebrating their 80th anniversary at the Romanian Athenaeum.
Principesa Maria, la aniversarea Academiei de Ştiinţe Medicale din România _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Princess Sofia attended at a Book Fair in Quimper, Bretagne on 16th-17th May. Her books were at an exhibition there.
Principesa Sofia, la Salonul de carte de la Quimper _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Last edited:
She mentioned as Irina Walker and is not the Line of Succesion. Obviously she don't have the title Princess anymore.

What a beautiful Lady. The decision to return home was believed best. We know who lived before in what he did?

Heu... strange that Nicholas Medforth-Mills (Prince Nicolae of Romania) is so low in the Order of Precedence. It is remarkable that Alexander Nixon, Irina Walker, John Wesley Walker, Princess Sofia and Princess Maria have precedence before him...:

Ordinea de precădere

MS Regele
MS Regina
ASR Principesa Moștenitoare
ASR Principele Radu
ASR Principesa Elena
ES Alexander Nixon
Irina Walker
John Wesley Walker
ASR Principesa Sofia
ASR Principesa Maria
ASR Principele Nicolae
Elisabeta-Karina de Roumanie
Michael de Roumanie Kreuger
Angelica de Roumanie Kreuger
Elisabeta Maria Biarneix

What a beautiful Lady. The decision to return home was believed best. We know who lived before in what he did? Also where live now Elena and Sofia?

What a beautiful Lady. The decision to return home was believed best. We know who lived before in what he did?

Princess Maria's biography at the Royal Family website. According to that crown princess Margarita asked in autumn 2014 princess Maria to move back to Romania, and she moved back in January 2015.
ASR Principesa Maria
Translation

Last edited:
Just the January returned? Maybe because visiting the country is expected been returned more early. But must her sister ask her to return? She must has the permission?

Heu... strange that Nicholas Medforth-Mills (Prince Nicolae of Romania) is so low in the Order of Precedence. It is remarkable that Alexander Nixon, Irina Walker, John Wesley Walker, Princess Sofia and Princess Maria have precedence before him...:

Ordinea de precădere

MS Regele
MS Regina
ASR Principesa Moștenitoare
ASR Principele Radu
ASR Principesa Elena
ES Alexander Nixon
Irina Walker
John Wesley Walker
ASR Principesa Sofia
ASR Principesa Maria
ASR Principele Nicolae
Elisabeta-Karina de Roumanie
Michael de Roumanie Kreuger
Angelica de Roumanie Kreuger
Elisabeta Maria Biarneix

It is not the only weird thing.

Princess Maria visited the city of Craiova on Friday 29th May.
At the University of Craiova she attended the University of Craiova, at the anniversary ceremony commemorating the 140 years since the establishment of Geographical Society of Romania, under the High Patronage of His Majesty King Mihai I.
She attended also at the Mirror Hall of the Art Museum of Craiova the launch of the book "Margaret. Testimony of a quarter century royal ", published by Curtea Veche, written by Sandra Gătejeanu-Gheorghe, Director of Protocol of the Royal House of Romania.
Principesa Maria, vizită în municipiul Craiova _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

I don't see the problem. An order of precedence is not the same thing as an order of succession and this order of precedence has a logic in that after the King and Queen come their children (and spouse) in order of seniority, followed by their grandchildren in order of i) the seniority of their mothers ii) their seniority.

Why Princess Elena and Princess Sofia do not live in Romania and Princess Maria does?

Do you suppose Elisabeta Karina de Roumanie Medforth Mills and Elisabeta Maria Biarneix will ever accept to take the role of Nicholas after what happened in august 2015?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why Princess Elena and Princess Sofia do not live in Romania and Princess Maria does?

According to princess Maria's biography at the Royal Family website:
In the autumn of 2014, Crown Princess Margarita asked her sister to move permanently to Romania.
Princess Maria followed the path proposed by the Custodian of the Crown and in January 2015 she moved to Bucharest.
ASR Principesa Maria
Translation

Maybe crown princess Margarita wanted to get more working members of the Royal Family to Romania. Margarita is 66 years old, Maria soon only 51. Maybe Margarita thinks for the future, something unexpected can happen. If for instance Margarita would suddenly become seriously ill, there would be only prince Nicolae of the descendants of king Michael representing the Royal Family in Romania. So getting Maria back to Romania and get her acquainted with the royal family's work and with the romanian people would make everything easier, if something serious would happen to the crown princess.
And maybe Margarita asked all her sisters if they would move back to Romania, but only Maria wanted to do that.

Princess Maria attended on Wednesday at the opening ceremony of the third Congress of the Romanian society of Rhinology. On this occasion, Princess Maria granted the high patronage to the Congress of the Romanian society of Rhinology.
Principesa Maria, Înalt Patronaj Congresului Societății Române de Rinologie _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

I agree LadyFinn what you say has a point. And as shown was correct choice of Maria to return to her country. Untill of course romania to asquire a new princess.

I've read an interview with Princess Sofia where she says she will move to Romania when her daughter, who's now 17, leaves home for college.

Not a chance.

We will have to wait and see what happens.

Plenty can change as time goes by. Princess Sophie was stripped of her title and then she regained it. There is still hope.

The two young ladies won't certainly go to Elisabeta Palace to repeat the experience of Nicholas if become popular.

And me i found that difficult for the ladies. But on the other expect anybody to happen this with Nicolae? This moment is all possible .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom