The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Romania

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Aristocracy

Here's the home:

Irrigon Real Estate & Irrigon Homes for Sale - Zillow

I've said enough so I'll let the listing speak for itself.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Gentry

Hello Sunnystar! Tualatin & Sherwood, it appears we are neighbors. Right, manufactured homes are not that uncommon in Oregon esp along the Columbia River Gorge where Irina's horse ranch is located. The area surrounding Portland including the Gorge is very beautiful country. In our area we have a lot of wineries, produce farms and a couple well known horse farms and some of their buildings, stables, etc appear to be manufactured.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSENYC View Post
Cory, you're right; I did some more research. I was wrong; the law to give the King 30 million Euros was blocked.

I see that the King gets (1) a government pension, (2) a government-paid staff and (3) use of several properties, plus (4) various items from Suppliers to the Royal House (a new BMW was one, that I saw). While that's not nearly 30 million Euros, that should be enough to enable him to provide a real house for Irina if she wanted one.
Irina is a grown woman! Why is it HM responsibility to provide a home for his married, and independent daughter?

I have so much respect for the Romanian royal family and think the king, queen, crown princess, prince Radu and Prince Nicolae are good people.

What I don't think is appropriate is HM buying his grown and married daughter a home... It is her responsibility to support herself!

Just my thought.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:02 PM
Aristocracy

Hi USCTrojan- yes, I totally agree with you. As a grown-up, I pay for my own housing and don't rely on my parents. I own my own home, in a pre-war apartment building in Manhattan. It's not the King's responsibility to pay for his children's housing.

But the King's financial ability to do so just indicates that something is just wrong with this situation--having a daughter living on another continent in non-ideal conditions and engaging in non-ideal activities is just a sign of things having gone very wrong.

I have relatives who are not particularly well-off financially and if they ever needed a helping hand, I and other family members would give them financial assistance if they needed it.

Everyone, I clearly have said some wrong/offensive things in this thread. Sorry--I certainly do not mean to offend anyone, although clearly I have. My experience with manufactured housing is in the southeastern US, where I'm originally from. Clearly it's different in other parts of the US.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:11 PM
Nobility

Poverty is not a crime. Living in a manufactured home is not a crime either. Heck, living in a trailer is not a crime. If Irina is found guilty of those allegations - apparently she was growing cannabis as well - then she will have caused irreparable damage to her family and to the monarchy. For King Mihai's sake, I truly hope she is totally innocent.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:38 PM
Courtier

The husband of the princess is a registered patient in the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program, so there may be nothing to that.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
...And certainly while the Royal Family didn't have a "royal life" until recently (and I never said that they had one in the past), the King and some of the family do now, with official engagements, visits with Queen Elizabeth and the like, residence in the Elizabeth Palace and more.
Michael has always had good contacts with his British cousins. Queen Elizabeth offered him a home in England, but he turned down the offer. Irina has lived in the USA since 1984. Her children were born here..

Quote:
...But the King's financial ability to do so just indicates that something is just wrong with this situation...My experience with manufactured housing is in the southeastern US, where I'm originally from. Clearly it's different in other parts of the US.
It is because you are presuming things that are not in line. The KIng's pension as a former head of state is rather small. Irina and her first husband, owned a successful horse farm in Myrtle Point, Oregon. Irina has been raising horses in Irrigon for some years now. I am certainly not going to speak about the legal issues because one is innocent until proven guilty.

As for manufactured housing, my very rich grandmother moved to a retirement community near Tampa some years ago - very nice manufactured homes. I plan on doing the same but not in the Tampa area. These homes are quite nice actually ... rather normal in 55+ communities in Florida.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
The husband of the princess is a registered patient in the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program, so there may be nothing to that.
Just because he's legally allowed to have medical marijuana doesn't mean his wife is allowed to grow it. She may very well have a license to grow it but it can't be assumed she does.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Consort Ming View Post
She may very well have a license to grow it but it can't be assumed she does.
And, I think you will agree, it cannot be assumed that she does not. We really do not know anything more than that he is a patient in the program.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
And, I think you will agree, it cannot be assumed that she does not. We really do not know anything more than that he is a patient in the program.
Your first post already seemed to assume that she might so what's the point of repeating yourself?
Old 08-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Consort Ming View Post

Your first post already seemed to assume that she might so what's the point of repeating yourself?
Actually, my first post did not mention the princess at all - it references her husband.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:39 PM
Aristocracy

From what I understand there are no charges regarding the marijuana plants.
Quote:
Old 08-27-2013, 12:07 AM
Gentry

OK, I may have changed my mind a bit about location, location, location. My nosey self just did a Google World search of the 2 Walker addresses in Irrigon, Oregon listed on the 12 count unsealed federal indictment. See attachments -

For those interested in reading the unsealed 12 count indictment - it's very ugly.
USDOJ: US Attorney's Office - District of Oregon
http://www.justice.gov/usao/or/Indic...815_walker.pdf

Irina needs an enormous amount of help and support. I can't imagine she truly understood what was occurring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Walker residence - Irrigon.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	289922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Walker residence - 2.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	289923  
Old 08-27-2013, 02:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

We all hope Angelica Kreuger and Michael Kreuger will be very close to their mother in this period.
Princess Irina has never been too known in Romania anyhow.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:00 AM
Gentry

Definitely, Cory. I pray for her safety and hope that those who love and care about her will provide a supportive, and healthy environment for her.
That's probably best. Didn't she originally come to Oregon with her first husband, John Kreuger back in the 1980's?
Old 08-27-2013, 11:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Daly View Post
That's probably best. Didn't she originally come to Oregon with her first husband, John Kreuger back in the 1980's?
Yes, they raised horses, horse farm, etc.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Recents photos of HRH Princess Elena and HRH Prince Nicolae at Peles Castle:

Septembrie la Pele
Old 09-21-2013, 09:36 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Recents photos of HRH Princess Elena and HRH Prince Nicolae at Peles Castle:

Septembrie la Pele
Interesting thanks for posting, so Nicolae and his mother both received the Grand Cross of the Order of the Crown of Romania while his step father received the rank Commander. I wonder how long before Nicolae gets the highest royal decoration the Order of Carol I.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

When HM the King decides so.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Interview with HRH Princess Sofia:

Entretien avec la princesse Sophie de Roumanie | Noblesse & Royautés