King Michael's Younger Daughters: Elena, Irina, Sofia & Maria

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having read the comments of Miss Kreuger, who was frank about the state of her relationship with her mother, it seems that it was Mr Walker who was the one who was actually party to all of the activities taking place at his ranch. Per her daughter, it sounds as if the princess suffers from a certain deep naïveté and, in addition, is not married to the most savory of individuals. Hopefully, justice *will* be served in this case and it will be meted out fairly and in such a way so that the punitive measures handed to each person charged are an actual reflection of their level of guilt. This case has been dramatically over sensationalized solely due to the royal background of one of the accused, and I personally look forward to its swift conclusion.

Is something happens about the King or the Queen of Roumania , Irini is banned .

Is Irina an American citizen? If she only has residency status(green card) and is found guilty she can have her status revoked and be deported after she serves her sentence. If she's a citizen then she had to give up any titles to become a citizen(I've been through the process).

What's there to say?
Disgraceful, appalling, despicable, vile...

Is sad to read such news about the romanian royal family, but sometimes we really hurry too fast in order to judge the others.
We should not forget that this royal family had been through tremendous sorrows and back in time when King Michael of Roumania married Anna de Bourbon they didn't received any help at all! That they succeed to survive all those blurry times which had been after the WW II is really amazing! Shows their strength as family, as royals ! We should not forget that at the Diamond Jubilee he sat right besides Queen Elisabeth because he was the only monarch alive who had been present to her wedding back in time.
All the princesses spent their holidays in Firenze , Italy to Queen Elena , mother of King Michael of Roumania. That life sometimes works in other ways than we want...is nothing new...happends in all the families!
I really hope that all the writing about Princess Irina will slow down and wait for the situation to calm down.
HRH Princess Margareta is of a rare and seldom finess....she must have it from Queen Anna de Bourbon and King Michael! In her only interview she gave during her life, Queen Anna story in her native language about her life and their struggle as a young couple ....but above all, one name came over and over again on her majesty lips: "MICHEL" !

Is sad to read such news about the romanian royal family, but sometimes we really hurry too fast in order to judge the others.!
My statement had and has no reflection whatsoever on the position of the Romanian Royal Family or the high esteem in which King Michael, Queen Anne and Crown Princess Margarita are generally held.

It refers solely to the barbaric practice of 'cock fighting' and those who facilitate it. No more and no less.

My statement had and has no reflection whatsoever on the position of the Romanian Royal Family or the high esteem in which King Michael, Queen Anne and Crown Princess Margarita are generally held.

It refers solely to the barbaric practice of 'cock fighting' and those who facilitate it. No more and no less.

Thank you,Warren! Well said!

I find it hard to believe that The choices of Elena and her husband will have much negativity on HM, the Queen and CP Margarita.

Elena has not been in Romania for years, and to assume that she is going to ruin everything is wrong! I don't see her ever returning to Romania, anyway. From the sounds if the article, her own children are somewhat estranged from her...

Geez, those poor animals!

I think you care mixing King Michael youngest daughters.
It goes here about Princess Irina.
Princess Elena is the mother of Prince Nicolas the future Heir.

This may be an unwanted question, but are there problems between Royal Family members?

It just seems odd to me to have King Michael's children (other than one) living so far from him--and not for great reasons.

For example, I see that Princess Sophie went to college at the University of North Carolina-Asheville. Why in the world would a European royal go there?

Princess Irina moved to Oregon and married a blue collar guy. Why in the world?

Princess Sophie lives in Brittany with her daughter. Again, why in the world?

If the family had scattered around the world for amazing careers, amazing spouses or to promote amazing causes, it would be reasonable to live in multiple countries on multiple continents, but it sounds like they're not particularly fond of each other.

The Royal Family was in exile but tried to represent all the time the Romanian people.Do not forget HRH Princess Helen and especially her son, HRH Prince Nicolae are quite involved in the life of the country.

Involved in what, ribbon cutting? Nicolae does not even speak Romanian!!!
Margarita and Elena did get involved in various humanitarian/arts projects though.

This may be an unwanted question, but are there problems between Royal Family members?...
Yes, I agree, the family did not do very well. What's worse, they do not come across as serious, solid, reliable, in-love-with-Romania monarchs. I believe that once communism set in Romania, they have never expected to return. It is not surprising that Romanians think so poorly about a potential restoration of the monarchy. I would be amazed if it ever happens, at least not with this house.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see the reason.

Here in the USA, a person is presumed INNOCENT until proven guilty by a jury of one's peers. It is up to the prosecution to try and prove the charges with evidence, witnesses, etc. King Michael lives part of the year in Switzerland, and part of the year in Romania at the Elisabetha Palace and Savarin. The latter is their private home, which was returned to them, as was Sinaia and several other properties. Elisabetha Palace still belongs to the state, but Michael and his family have the right to live there, and it is a comfy family home, and used for official purposes for official visits, etc. Margarita and Radu have a prominent role within the country, as Nicholas is beginning to take on more duties within the family.

Irina's first husband was a very wealthy Swede. Her second husband is a former police officer and deputy sheriff. Her children are American. Millions of people come to the US each year for opportunity. Do you know how many royals attend American universities? Did you consider that Princess Sophie chose the school because of a program of study? I am the one who broke the news to two of Irina's sisters before the media got to them. I have been friends with Irina and other members of the family for many years. It is very upsetting, and I know I am distressed about this .. I cannot even imagine what it must be like for Irina's family. We only know the charges: we do not know the facts. Even if she is convicted, I will still be her friend. I will not comment further on this story, but remember, Irina and John are innocent until proven guilty

:previous:
Thank you, Marlene!

Do you know how many royals attend American universities? Did you consider that Princess Sophie chose the school because of a program of study?

Yes, and when I was in grad school, members of the Danish and Kuwaiti royal families were also students at the same university. I am also very familiar with UNC-Asheville.

It just seems to me as if some members of King Michael's family haven't really achieved a lot, which is unfortunate since (1) they could have, with their royal status, and (2) Romania needs them and could really benefit from their star power.

HM the King used to teach the Lord's Prayer in Romanian to the 5 Princesses.

Princess Sofia is a well respected artist but she spends more of her life in France with her daughter.

I suppose Princess Irina did not have an easy life but she is a grandmother now and maybe she can't change too many things afterwards.

I can tell you why one of this daughters attended UNC-Asheville......It's gorgeous up there. One of my favorite places to visit. There is a reason George W. Vanderbilt put this https://www.biltmore.com/visit/house_gardens/default.asp, right in the middle of the Pisgah Forest. Such a great town with a unique atmosphere and no one up there would be the wiser to who she is.

http://www.yafosphotography.com/about_sophie_de_roumanie.ws

"After several years of working and exhibiting her art on both sides of the Atlantic, Princess Sophie's life changed radically in 1989 with the fall of communism in Romania. As vice president of The Princess Margarita of Romania Foundation, an elite non-profit organisation contributing to the development of civil society in Romania, she committed herself to assisting the people of her country, especially the children, in their struggle to emerge from decades of tyranny.

Her first book, a collection of stories for children was published in Romania in 1995." (excerpt)

Last edited:
Isn't this thread supposed to be about the king's daughters?

I agree very much with Argie but I think this argument is in the wrong place.

I agree , Prince Nicholas has his own thread. Perhaps de moderators will delate

Marlène Koening is very closed to the Romanian and Serbian RF. She was personally their guest and she must be very upset about what happened with Princess irini.
She is certainly waiting for further informations about this sad affair and will inform right informations in Royal Musings.
Best regards Marlène and congratulations and thanks for cheering pictures of your private collection.

Maria, I love how fancy you made my name with the accent :) Thank you for your kind remarks.

I stated on Royal Musings that I will not be writing about this case until a verdict, which is a news event. I have made it clear to all concerned that I will be a friend regardless of the outcome. I am upset, but my feelings do not compare at all to what Irina's family is going through at this time. They are all in my prayers and thoughts.

just want to add thank you for all the kind remarks.

Posts discussing the position of Prince Nicolae have been moved to the Prince Nicolae thread.

Well, we have been presented with some basic statements by the press and that's all for now. The law enforcement authorities have not released any further statements or information in regards to the situation so it doesn't do to make quick speculations or judgements.

The article states that Princess Irina lives in a mobile home, and the list of alleged crimes is very disturbing.

What would make royalty end up like that? Something is very, very, very, very wrong. King Michael could be heartbroken, although I'm sensing that there have been problems for years.

If this is the Royal Family, I wouldn't want it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom