King Michael's Younger Daughters: Elena, Irina, Sofia & Maria

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am horrified that someone should make such a claim about the King and Princess Sophie.

Since she has a low profile within the Royal Family, I can only assume she is an easy target for such a thing.

HRH Princess Sofia came with Princess Elena,Mrs Nixon, from Switzerland. They both greeted their eldest sister being all very emotional.

Romanian Princesses don't carry their husbands titles, they don't follow the convention of British titles

The pictures are a little weird. Nice gesture but it seems a bit off.

Have the other sisters been awarded the same order and if so, what was the occasion?
Irina probably not, what about Elena and Maria?

I assume CP acted as a representative of her father the official Grandmaster of the Order - or is this considered part of all the duties taken on as Custodian of the Crown?

Apparently, there is a limit of 25 holders at any given time - and prince Lorenz of Belgium and princess Muna al-Hoessein (mother of king Abdullah) are two of the current holders.

All sisters are Knights Grand Cross of the Royal Order of the Crown, with the exception of Irina, after the death of Queen Anne, Crown Princess Margareta became the Grand Master as the head of the house is Sovereign of the Royal Orders

Foreign Knights Grand Cross, include: Prince Lorenz, The Archduke of Austria-Este; Lech Walesa, Former President of Poland and Vytautas Landsbergis, Former President of Lithuania

Prince Muna al-Hussein is the only Dame Grand Cross of the Order

Last edited by a moderator:
Romanian Princesses don't carry their husbands titles, they don't follow the convention of British titles

All sisters are Knights Grand Cross of the Royal Order of the Crown, with the exception of Irina, after the death of Queen Anne, Crown Princess Margareta became the Grand Master as the head of the house is Sovereign of the Royal Orders

Foreign Knights Grand Cross, include: Prince Lorenz, The Archduke of Austria-Este; Lech Walesa, Former President of Poland and Vytautas Landsbergis, Former President of Lithuania

Prince Muna al-Hussein is the only Dame Grand Cross of the Order
According to the last royal Constitutions they do not have dynastic rights either and to bear their husbands surname us normal and legal.

I am also glad that she has been able to come, for her and for the rest of the family. At the time of her mother's funeral, there were possibly obstacles to her leaving the US following her conviction.

There were no obstacles to Irina attending her mother's funeral. She chose not to attend the funeral. She told me at the time that she would attend her father's funeral.

According to the last royal Constitutions they do not have dynastic rights either and to bear their husbands surname us normal and legal.

The last constitution is void and as King Michael was the head of his own house, he was within his own rights to create the house laws which there is no dispute to, not even from the Romanian government who recognise Crown Princess Margareta as first in line to the throne and Head of the House of Romania

Thanks for the translation.
Yes, a terrible accusation.
Easy to prove untrue, I guess, though traumatic for the family of King Michael to have to address the issue.

This thread has been closed.

You can discuss the four princesses' succession rights and titles here.

News and Events of the four princesses can be posted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom