King Michael's Health & Transfer of Duties

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A short summery of the statement:

King Michael will continue to be under observation by the doctors. His general condition is stable and considering the severity of the diagnosis, his treatment and the recovery process will be lengthy and require close supervision.

Crown Princess Margarita is in constant contact with the king, queen and the team of doctors whilst she continues her public commitments in Romania, but she will soon return to Switzerland.

My thoughts and prayers are with the King and the Royal Family.

I'm afraid the doctors sent him to his home so His Majesty will be able to spend his final days surrounded by his wife and daughters.

Last edited:
Since they said that 'his treatment and the recovery process will be lengthy and require close supervision', I assume that the doctors still have hope in a recovery...

I'm afraid the doctors sent him to his home so His Majesty will be able to spend his last days surrounded by his wife and daughters.

Yes, I see what you mean and being at home at this time is better than being in a hospital. Still, I am hopeful that reference in the statement to a treatment and recovery will mean there is some chance for him.

Yes, I see what you mean and being at home at this time is better than being in a hospital. Still, I am hopeful that reference in the statement to a treatment and recovery will mean there is some chance for him.

I hope too. But leukemia at 94 is a terrible diagnosis.

It is sad to hear he has been suffering and in pain for the past year.

Hope he has a speedy recovery surrounded by his family.

I'm afraid the doctors sent him to his home so His Majesty will be able to spend his final days surrounded by his wife and daughters.

As much as I hate to say it, I have a sad feeling you're right about that. While HM's type of Cancer is certainly controllable due to all of the medical advances of the last couple of decades, at his age....It just does not sound very good at all.

I will continue to keep His Majesty and the Family in my thoughts and Prayers.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Isn't it the time to bring the royal couple back to their country?

The King and Queen will probably not be returning to Romania.

Their health is in too poor a condition.

Hm... when you know the Good Lord is calling you, why not close your eyes forever in your homeland, the land of which you twice were King?

Hm... when you know the Good Lord is calling you, why not close your eyes forever in your homeland, the land of which you twice were King?

Not if it is at the expense of their health.

Wherever His Majesty one day wishes to close his eyes forever, is certainly his own decision, and as for assuming to know the Lords intentions, I recommend caution thinking you have insights into His plans for the King.

The King has been involved in Romanian life ever since he allowed back, after having been forcibly exiled for over four decades, and if he feels the most comfortable in the home he established in Switzerland, with the Queen and his family, that is exactly where he should be, now that he needs rest, peace and calm support more than at any time before.

Last edited:
The King and Queen will probably not be returning to Romania.

Their health is in too poor a condition.

Let's hope their health will eprove and they will be able to return to Romania. The King would certainly be happy for such a return.

Let's pray for the health of the sovereign and for his return home.

It seems the King is still in Aubonne but no photos of him recently.

The health of the King and Queen continues to slowly decline.

It seems that this is nothing more than a function of their age and respective conditions.

The royal couple is consistently looked after in Aubonne by a team of doctors and nurses from local facilities, and they have been faithfully attended, in particular, by two nuns for the past years in order to provide the couple with a kind of spiritual comfort as well.

Casa Regala si anuntul despre Regele Mihai

Last edited:
Sad news, though hardly a surprise.

And Prince Radu is right. We can only pray.

We have to pray both for the King and Queen. It is quite sad they can't be in their countriy.

Princess Margareta's husband about the health of the King:"Nici regele, nici regina nu pot să meargă spre mai bine. Partea bună a lucrurilor este că nu există niciun motiv de îngrijorare imediată, în sensul că organismul funcționează, dar la fiecare săptămână și lună care trece este din ce în ce mai fragil și din ce în ce mai în nevoia de a fi ajutat." ( Neither the king or the queen can't really emprove. The good part of things is there is no reason for immediate worry, which means the body is functioning, but every week or month that is passing he is more and more fragile and he needs more and more to be helped").

Principele Radu: Regele Mihai NU poate să meargă spre mai bine

There is a lot of need of prayer for the King.

There hasn't been anything posted recently, in the last week on the other Royal MB's or blogs/forums I read, unless someone has more info that I haven't read.

We will undoubtedly get informed when there is news. So far we may assume there is little change. It is the same as with other very old and frail monarchs, like King Bhumibol of Thailand or the late Pope Johannes-Paulus II.

About the King's health and about the relationship between the monarchists and the King's Family:

Ora regelui

Many reactions to this from the monarchists especially about the new project of law, the Succession of the Hohenzollerns and the question of the Restoration of Monarchy.

Last edited:
Will the King live with his Family in Romania aftwr the funeral of the Queen?

It is idle to speculate.

However, the easy answer is almost definitively no.

The King is nearly 95 years old, suffers from cancer and is too frail and ill to be able to attend the funeral of his wife of 68 years. He will remain in Switzerland. It is well known that it can be extremely detrimental, medically speaking, to inflict any unnecessary changes in regimen on persons of a certain age and health condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom