The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-15-2016, 12:29 PM
Royal Highness

King Michael has been released from hospital today.

The King returns to his private residence, where his condition will continue to be monitored by doctors.

In addition to Queen Anne, Princess Elena is also with her parents during this time. Crown Princess Margarita is in contact with the team taking care of her father. She will return to Switzerland soon to review the situation.

Buletin de sănătate a Regelui Mihai I, 15 martie 2016 | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

Old 03-15-2016, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

We give thanks to the Lord and we hope HM the King will soon be able to travel again to his country.

Let's hope he will recover and he will be abe to visit his country in this special year.

Old 03-15-2016, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

A short summery of the statement:

King Michael will continue to be under observation by the doctors. His general condition is stable and considering the severity of the diagnosis, his treatment and the recovery process will be lengthy and require close supervision.

Crown Princess Margarita is in constant contact with the king, queen and the team of doctors whilst she continues her public commitments in Romania, but she will soon return to Switzerland.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:58 PM
Courtier

My thoughts and prayers are with the King and the Royal Family.

I'm afraid the doctors sent him to his home so His Majesty will be able to spend his final days surrounded by his wife and daughters.

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:02 PM
Majesty

Since they said that 'his treatment and the recovery process will be lengthy and require close supervision', I assume that the doctors still have hope in a recovery...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-15-2016, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post

I'm afraid the doctors sent him to his home so His Majesty will be able to spend his last days surrounded by his wife and daughters.
Yes, I see what you mean and being at home at this time is better than being in a hospital. Still, I am hopeful that reference in the statement to a treatment and recovery will mean there is some chance for him.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Yes, I see what you mean and being at home at this time is better than being in a hospital. Still, I am hopeful that reference in the statement to a treatment and recovery will mean there is some chance for him.
I hope too. But leukemia at 94 is a terrible diagnosis.

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:10 PM
Royal Highness

It is sad to hear he has been suffering and in pain for the past year.

Hope he has a speedy recovery surrounded by his family.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post

I'm afraid the doctors sent him to his home so His Majesty will be able to spend his final days surrounded by his wife and daughters.

As much as I hate to say it, I have a sad feeling you're right about that. While HM's type of Cancer is certainly controllable due to all of the medical advances of the last couple of decades, at his age....It just does not sound very good at all.

I will continue to keep His Majesty and the Family in my thoughts and Prayers.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 03-20-2016, 06:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Sofia has arrived today to Switzerland to spend some days with her parents. Princess Elena left Switzerland this weekend.
Vizită în Elveția, 20 martie 2016 _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Old 03-20-2016, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Isn't it the time to bring the royal couple back to their country?
Old 03-20-2016, 12:16 PM
Royal Highness

The King and Queen will probably not be returning to Romania.

Their health is in too poor a condition.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:00 PM
Majesty

Agree! The royal couple is impossible to travel to their country as perhaps wanted especially now with the condition of the king!
Old 03-20-2016, 02:09 PM
Majesty

Hm... when you know the Good Lord is calling you, why not close your eyes forever in your homeland, the land of which you twice were King?
Old 03-20-2016, 02:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Hm... when you know the Good Lord is calling you, why not close your eyes forever in your homeland, the land of which you twice were King?
Not if it is at the expense of their health.
Old 03-20-2016, 03:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Wherever His Majesty one day wishes to close his eyes forever, is certainly his own decision, and as for assuming to know the Lords intentions, I recommend caution thinking you have insights into His plans for the King.

The King has been involved in Romanian life ever since he allowed back, after having been forcibly exiled for over four decades, and if he feels the most comfortable in the home he established in Switzerland, with the Queen and his family, that is exactly where he should be, now that he needs rest, peace and calm support more than at any time before.
Old 03-20-2016, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
The King and Queen will probably not be returning to Romania.

Their health is in too poor a condition.
Let's hope their health will eprove and they will be able to return to Romania. The King would certainly be happy for such a return.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:16 PM
Nobility

http://www.digi24.ro/Stiri/Digi24/Actualitate/Stiri/Casa+Regala+Regele+Mihai+se+simte+mai+bine

H.R.H Crown Princess Margareta, Custodian of the Crown, has given a short statement to Digi24, about the Kings improved health and return home. The Crown Princess makes it clear that her father is still fighting to overcome his illness, but that he has the will and strength to do so.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Let's pray for the health of the sovereign and for his return home.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Crown princess Margareta went to Switzerland on 12th April to spend some days with her parents. King Michael is under constant medical care, but his health is stable.
Custodele Coroanei, vizită în Elveția _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania