King Michael and the late Queen Anne current events

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Royal Family does not speak openly usually about serious illnesses.

Even if HM the Queen lives more at the Swiss residence she is very popular in the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does King Michael specifically and the rest of the Royal Family generally travel between Romania and Switzerland? Do they fly commercially, with bodyguards and staff? Or fly commercially by themselves? Or train? Or private plane?

How does King Michael specifically and the rest of the Royal Family generally travel between Romania and Switzerland? Do they fly commercially, with bodyguards and staff? Or fly commercially by themselves? Or train? Or private plane?

If I remember correctly, I remember reading something about the anniversary of TRH the CP and CP of Serbia, which stated that the royal family arrived via train. This may have been a rare thing because of the Heath of the Queen at the time however, as she was very frail then.

It's possible that they may still go by train anyway because the king is now in his 90s and there comes a time when flying at that age is not a good idea for ones health.

They go with detail always when traveling that I know of.

The Royal Family uses both trains and planes.

Two random questions:

(1) I'm sure that King Michael is well aware of poll results showing how admired he is. Do those polls, and other expressions of admiration that he's received, such as crowds turning out to see him, make much of a different to him? Do they make him happier? I sure hope so.

(2) Why doesn't King Michael write a book? It would be fascinating, and surely he could make a lot of money from it. Every prominent US politician does a book deal and goes on a book tour for self-promotion, and they get paid well for it.

Michael, Margarita and Radu drove from Romania to Belgrade for the 25th wedding anniversary celebrations. Queen Anne did not attend. I was at the event. Michael did most of the driving. They drove home, too, and stopped at Romanian communities in Serbia. They also drove to the State funeral in May, which I also attended. They do fly between Geneva and Bucharest. I have never seen bodyguards accompany the king or the Crown Princess.

Prince Radu has written several books on the royal family. His latest one is on Queen Anne (she also wrote her memoirs) which is in honor of her 90th birthday. I recently received a copy from the family.
If I remember correctly, I remember reading something about the anniversary of TRH the CP and CP of Serbia, which stated that the royal family arrived via train. This may have been a rare thing because of the Heath of the Queen at the time however, as she was very frail then.

It's possible that they may still go by train anyway because the king is now in his 90s and there comes a time when flying at that age is not a good idea for ones health.

They go with detail always when traveling that I know of.

Last edited by a moderator:
The royal couple celebrates 65 years of marriage (the Saphire Wedding) ion the 10th of June 2013:

Regele Mihai

I believe that King Michael and Queen Anne had a second wedding, a Roman Catholic ceremony, in Monaco in 1966.

Do any pictures from that day exist. ? I believe that Grace and Rainier were very good friends of the couple so I'm also wondering if they attended the ceremony. ?

Apologies if this isn't the correct place to pose this question. !

I believe that King Michael and Queen Anne had a second wedding, a Roman Catholic ceremony, in Monaco in 1966.

Do any pictures from that day exist. ? I believe that Grace and Rainier were very good friends of the couple so I'm also wondering if they attended the ceremony. ?

You are correct, Breffney; the King and Queen were married at the St. Charles Church in Monaco sometime in 1966.

Queen Anne states in her memoirs that the only witnesses were two Italian priests; it does not seem as if any photos exist from the ceremony.

She said, "It was all very discreet, and that was what pleased me most of all."

You are correct, Breffney; the King and Queen were married at the St. Charles Church in Monaco sometime in 1966.

Queen Anne states in her memoirs that the only witnesses were two Italian priests; it does not seem as if any photos exist from the ceremony.

She said, "It was all very discreet, and that was what pleased me most of all."

Thank you so much for that, Benjamin. :flowers:

I admire how the older generation of royalty stay married. The way it should be

Theroyal couple is a real example of life.

On the 25th of October there will a Gala Concert at The Romanian Atheneum in order to celebrate HM the King's 92 Birthday:

Concert de gal

Has King Michael visited Moldova/Bessarabia since he returned to Romania? He was king over it as well. Is there a royalist movement there?

HM the King does not have a huge numbers of supporters in that part of the ancient Kingdom.

Last edited:
How wonderful to see the King, surrounded by his family, waiving to crowds outside Elizabeth Palace on his 92nd birthday. Who would have ever thought that day would occur?

Is King Michael happy? He's been through so much in his life that I hope that he is. He seems to be a master of a dignified expression on his face, not showing much emotion, which is wise.

The popularity of the King is very high indeed.

It would be nice to see the King Michael restored to his throne in his lifetime. He is a good man who fought for his people during WW2 and wanted to give them freedom and democracy after the war, only to have the "allies" sell him and his people out to the Soviets. He is someone I have always had a soft-spot for, so to speak. I think he could have led Romania to prosperity and peace if only the fates had allowed. But then I am probably preaching to the choir here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom