King Michael and the late Queen Anne current events

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HM the King was forced to abdicate 67 years ago.

The lawsuit in which Prince Paul of Romania claims ownership over two-thirds of the Peles Castle, one of the most valuable historic properties in Romania, started on Thursday, May 21, in the Bucharest Court, according to stirileprotv.ro.
The Peles Castle is currently owned by King Michael, Romania’s last monarch, the son of Prince Carol II of Romania and Princess Helen of Greece and Denmark.
Romania’s royalties go to court over Peles Castle ownership

I wonder why he's claiming 2/3 of the estate. Even if he were right in claiming a part of it, as a legal heir of Carol II, shouldn't the estate be divided equally between him and his half-brother and King Michael, as the legal heirs of Carol II?

Last edited:
King Mihai I inherited Peles Castle from his grandfather so..

I wonder why he's claiming 2/3 of the estate. Even if he were right in claiming a part of it, as a legal heir of Carol II, shouldn't the estate be divided equally between him and his half-brother and King Michael, as the legal heirs of Carol II?

It may have to do with the fact that Paul Lambrino not only inherited his father's stake in these property claims (33% as a "legitimised" son of King Carol II), but also the inheritance rights of Elena Lupescu (33% as a spouse of King Carol II).

However, as Cory quite correctly points out, Peleš is the private property of King Michael as he inherited it directly from his grandfather King Ferdinand.

Mr Lambrino would therefore not seem to have much of a claim in this particular case.

In much fuss wants to do around the name is not goiong win something meaningfull across this lawsuit.

It may have to do with the fact that Paul Lambrino not only inherited his father's stake in these property claims (33% as a "legitimised" son of King Carol II), but also the inheritance rights of Elena Lupescu (33% as a spouse of King Carol II).

However, as Cory quite correctly points out, Peleš is the private property of King Michael as he inherited it directly from his grandfather King Ferdinand.

Mr Lambrino would therefore not seem to have much of a claim in this particular case.

Yes, I forgot about the inheritance share of Carol II's widow.
Anyway, I know that the castle was inherited by King Michael directly from his grandfather, so I also can't see any vaildity for Paul Lambrino's claims. I was just wondering why he's asking for such an high percentage.

Happy anniversary indeed. A perfect example wedding for many couples today royals or not.

Happy 67th wedding anniversary to Their Majesties King Michael and Queen Anne of Romania, Prince and Princess von Hohenzollern née Princess de Bourbon de Parme! The couple were married on June 10th 1948.

:flowers:

I so enjoyed listening to Queen Anne in the documentary "A Royal Family." She comes across as a very charming person. Her mother was apparently quite a character according to Danish Prince Joachim's stories. Apparently she showed him how to shoot tiny pieces of bread into other people's champagne glasses during formal dinners. When she landed one in Prince Henrik's he knew right where look and who the culprit was!:p

Happy anniversary indeed. A perfect example wedding for many couples today royals or not.
Yes indeed, especially considering in what circumstances their marriage took place.
They really make a great (Royal) couple.

The Bourbon Parma did not attend the Wedding, I forgot why ?
Thanks for help !

Basically because the Pope refused to give his dispensation for allowing the marriage between the Catholic Princess Anne and the Orthodox King Michael, since he had refused to promise to raise his future children as Catholic.
As a consequence, the ultra Catholic family of the bride refused to attend the wedding not allowed by the Pope.

They wanted so much to live in the country and in the end they chose (or somebody else chose for them?) to live in Aubonne.

:previous: What do you mean by that? Who else would be for them to decide where to stay?

I know zero about this family but to be married seven decades, that is truly something.

:previous: Trust me the history of the Romanian royal family is soooo complex. But yes the kings marriage is a example for many current and not only royal couples :)

Last edited:
It is remarkable indeed that the King and Queen do not live at Savarsin, Pelisor or Elisabeta.

Probably they live in Aubonne because that is what the Elisabeta Palace staff decided.

Probably they live in Aubonne because that is what the Elisabeta Palace staff decided.

When you say the staff can become a little more enlightening? :ermm:

The King is the employer of that staff... since when is an employer told what to do and what not to do by the employees he pays????

:ermm:

The King is the employer of that staff... since when is an employer told what to do and what not to do by the employees he pays????

:ermm:

He is probably referring to the current occupants of Elisabeta Palace.

His own daughter Princess Margareta and her husband Radu blocking the former King taking up residence in Elisabeta Palace? What about keeping the King away from Pelișor or Peleș, or from Săvârșin? And what would the Royal House gain by keeping King Michael in Switzerland?

He is probably referring to the current occupants of Elisabeta Palace.

If we believe that then and the decision taken on 10 august it is likely from the Margareta and Radu.

If we believe that then and the decision taken on 10 august it is likely from the Margareta and Radu.

They can do nothing without the approval of the King.

I'm not sure for anything right now.

The King is old and frail but he is living outside Romania since the fall of the Communist regime 25 years ago. I can not imagine that in all these 25 years, when the King was more firm and healthy, Princess Margareta and Radu were the ones to keep him in Switzerland. It has always been his decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom