Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-27-2014, 03:13 AM
Nobility

Very pleasant photos

Old 07-27-2014, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
And what is cheap in it? Nice photos of the king and queen with their daughter and son-in-law. Great to see the king and queen looking so well.
Most of the European monarchies, both reigning and non-reigning, appear cheap to me and lack everything regal. Some of German royals and nobles are a very very rare exception. This particular photo shoot is pitiful. You do have a full right to disagree with me though.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

They are photos from the private life of the Royal Family in one of the private residences.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:13 PM
Aristocracy

King Michael always looks so distinguished and elegant, just as a king should look.

I will not compare him to a certain other leader of another country who wears mom jeans and hangs out in dive bars, who is the opposite of class.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

He is a King and this is obvious any time you see him.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:23 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Most of the European monarchies, both reigning and non-reigning, appear cheap to me and lack everything regal. Some of German royals and nobles are a very very rare exception. This particular photo shoot is pitiful. You do have a full right to disagree with me though.
With all due respect you expect them to wear their jewels and crowns when they are just puttering around the estate? Plus, remember, the Romanian Royal family lived in exile for many years and do not have the wealth of, say, the British or Dutch Royal Families. Additionally Romania is not as wealthy as those two countries. I must say HM always looks like a King to me.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

The Romanian royals, the British royals, and the Dutch royals as well as the other European royals appear cheap to me. I believe that being a member of a royal/noble house has absolutely nothing to do with jewels and money. Not everything is measured in jewels and fortune.

It is your right to disagree with me.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

The Romanian royals, the British royals, and thee Dutch royals as well as the other European royals appear cheap to me. I believe that being a member of the royal/noble house has absolutely nothing to do with jewels and money. Not everything is measured in jewels and fortune.

It is your right to disagree with me.

You're entitled to your opinion but I'm curious to why you think so?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-29-2014, 07:37 PM
Royal Highness

Considering this couple's advanced ages and the Queen's health issues, I'm glad to see them at all. They were banished from his homeland for decades and I hope that they can enjoy their time visiting Romania for as long as possible.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Michael has his 93th birthday on 25th October. At the royal family website there are photos taken of him recently when he spent a week with crown princess Margarita and prince Radu in Switzerland.
Regele Mihai la 93 de ani Familia Regală a României Royal Family of Romania
Old 10-25-2014, 06:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

A few years before his birthday king Michael attended at an exbition of vintage military vehicles in the city of Nyon in Switzerland.
25 octombrie 2014 La mulți ani, Majestate! Familia Regală a României Royal Family of Romania
Translation
Old 11-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Recognizing the historical importance of King Michael´s personality, Romfilatelia dedicates him the postage stamp issue consisting of 1 stamp and 1 souvenir sheet, continuing thus the philatelic issues dedicated to the Royal House.
Romfilatelia THE HISTORY OF ROYALTY, MICHAEL I
http://cms.romfilatelia.ro/cms_websi.../Mihai_I_M.jpg
Old 11-06-2014, 03:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Michael invites all Romanians, who want to wish him a happy birthday, on Wednesday 19th November at the "Open Doors" at the Elisabeta Palace.
Starting at 11, all who wish to participate are welcome in the garden of Elisabeta Palace. At 12, His Majesty will come out on the balcony to greet guests with crown princess Margarita, prince Radu and prince Nicholas.
Regele Mihai I invită românii la Porți Deschise, la Palatul Elisabeta Familia Regală a României Royal Family of Romania
Old 11-18-2014, 08:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

HM the King invited 12 former Head of States at Elisabeta Palace to celebrate 25 years since the communism collapsed:

Regele Mihai a invitat la Palatul Elisabeta 12 fosti sefi de stat din Europa Centrala si de Est, cu ocazia implinirii a 25 de ani de la caderea comunismului - Esential - HotNews.ro
Old 11-19-2014, 06:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

HM the King greeted the people wanted to congratulate him for His birthday at Elisabeta today. The Sovereign will meet today the new president Klaus Iohannis too.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
HM the King greeted the people wanted to congratulate him for His birthday at Elisabeta today. The Sovereign will meet today the new president Klaus Iohannis too.
Video, Klaus Iohannis arrived to Elisabeta Palace and was welcomed by crown princess Margarita and prince Radu.
VIDEO. Regele Mihai I, sărbătorit la Palatul Elisabeta. Klaus Iohannis va participa la un prânz privat

Photos, Iohannis gave flowers to Margarita.
http://www.mediafaxfoto.ro/Thumb.asp...hotoId=7144527
http://www.mediafaxfoto.ro/Thumb.asp...hotoId=7144526
Old 11-19-2014, 08:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

HM the King, HRH Princess Margareta and her husband had a private lunch with the elected president Klaus Iohannis. The mayor of Sibiu (and future president ) invited HM the King and HM the Queen at his ceremony of becoming president on the 21st of December.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video
King Michael, crown princess Margarita and prince Radu at the balcony
Regele Mihai a salutat mulţimea de la balcon. Klaus Iohannis a luat prânzul la Palatul Elisabeta | Stiriletvr.ro - Site-ul de stiri al TVR

Two Romanian leaders of German descent whose time in power is separated by 70 years have found time for lunch.
70 years separate their time in power in Romania former king, president-elect meet for lunch Fox News
Old 11-19-2014, 11:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

The future president not only invited the Royal couple for the 21st of December at Cotroceni Palace but gave a statement about how injustice the authorities treated HM the King for more than 50 years and he apologized in the name of the state for all this.

http://www.antena3.ro/romania/update...sa-274203.html
Old 11-19-2014, 01:29 PM
Commoner

It warms my heart to see these images and learn the news. Firstly, because it helps to set history straight -history in general but also HM King Michael's place in it, going some way to compensate for all the injustice he has suffered in his life. Secondly because it shows how easy and natural it can be for a political leader and a monarch to co-exist in an atmosphere of mutual respect for two very different rôles. It reminds me of the ritual of the UK Prime Minister visiting the Queen following an election victory: the electorate's choice marking his/her assumption of power and simultaneously recognising that his/her period of custody of is part of something bigger in the life of the state/people, as represented by the Monarch.

It is to be hoped that a better relationship between the Royal HOuse and the Presidency, as underlined by the invitation to the palace and the new President's noble gestures further the cause of re-establishing the Romanian Royal House in the life of the state.