King Carol II (1893-1953), Queen Mother Helen (1896-1982), Wives and Descendants

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And just think of the fun of being the mother of a teenager when you're in your seventies!

Have there been any photo's published of the Lambrino's new baby? He was born in January and I would have thought the proud parents would have at least released one picture. :whistling:

Have there been any photo's published of the Lambrino's new baby? He was born in January and I would have thought the proud parents would have at least released one picture. :whistling:

Oh yesss! They have been throwing that poor child in front of the media as much as possible since he left the hospital.

Carol Ferdinand is to be baptised into the Romanian Orthodox Church on 22 May. Romanian President Traian Băsescu and his wife Maria have apparently agreed to be his godparents. So the Lambrinos will be able to attract even more press attention to themselves...just lovely! They also have reportedly invited Albert of Monaco. ;)

Here are links to some articles with photos of the baby boy:
Prinţul Paul şi prinţesa Lia l-au adus acasă pe Carol Ferdinand | Cancan
Bote îi face haine Micului Prinţ :: Libertatea.ro
Micul Prinţ, la prima plimbare în parc :: Libertatea.ro
Prinţul Carol Ferdinand va purta costum popular la botez :: Libertatea.ro
ASR Printul Paul al Romaniei - Aparitii in presa
Traian Basescu gets related to royal family, will christen Prince Carol Ferdinand

Thanks Benjamin! I wondered because I hadn't seen anything in the royal magazines or the MB's. Call me crazy, but I still think the whole pregnancy and giving birth sounds suspicious.

Poor little boy...his parents have the age to be his grandparents, and my impression is that he is used as a sort of "medium of exchange" for his parents to obtain popularity and consents to their claims...

Poor little boy...his parents have the age to be his grandparents, and my impression is that he is used as a sort of "medium of exchange" for his parents to obtain popularity and consents to their claims...

I have that impression also.:ermm:

Zizi Lambrino's grandson, Paul, presents himself as "Prince of Romania" and has a very different point of view from his father (who died few years ago but never proclaimed himself as "Prince of Romania") and from his half-brother.The Romanian Royal Family does not recognize any titles for the descendants of Zizi Lambrino.

Strangely Paul obtained the identity card and the romanian passport where it is written "Paul of Romania".Obviously some romanian authorities are still quite against the Romanian Royal Family.

Now Paul has a child whose godfather is the romanian president Basescu:

Traian şi Maria Băsescu l-au botezat pe Carol Ferdinand de România - VEZI VIDEO | REALITATEA .NET

http://stirileprotv.ro/stiri/evenim...-va-fi-botezat-sambata-basescu-va-fi-nas.html

Here are some pictures from de christening:

Băsescu l-a adus la botez cu Dusterul pe finul său, fiul Prinţului Paul - GALERIE FOTO - Mediafax

The Romanian Royal Family and the romanian royalists simply ignored the "event".

Last edited by a moderator:
King Carol II (1893-1953), Wives and Descendants

Zizi Lambrino's grandson proclaims himself as "Prince of Romania" and he has also an identity card "Paul of Romania".

Paul has a brother in the USA (Ion George Alexander) but he does not speak about his brother too much.

Now Paul and Lia have a son, Carol Ferdinand and he tries to convinse different European Royals to sustain his "titles"

http://www.printulpaulderomania.ro/...are-a-asr-printul-carol-ferdinand-al-romaniei

http://www.printulpaulderomania.ro/noutati/147-micul-print-a-implinit-5-luni

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZxAwd2CklM

http://www.acasatv.ro/emisiuni/micu...-crestinat-de-catre-traian-basescu-video.html

http://webtv.realitatea.net/actual/...romania-a-avut-loc-la-biserica-domnita-balasa

Princess Ileana (1909-1991) and her descendants

Princess Ileana was probably the favourite daughter of Queen Maria and she inherited Bran Castle from her mother.

Married with Archduke Anton von Habsburg-Tuscany (they had 6 children, 4 still alive) and, after the divorce she married Stefan Isarescu.In the end she became an orthodox nun being called "Mother Alexandra".

Princess Ileana of Romania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...20100108133711!Printesa_Ileana_de_Romania.jpg

http://freepages.family.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~fergy/Victoria/ileanaroumania1909-12.jpg

http://www.havelshouseofhistory.com/Ileana Photo0001.jpg

Archduchess Maria and her husband (co-owner with her brother Archduke Dominic of Bran Castle) participated together with her niece,Princess Margareta, at the Royal Gala in Arad:

Gala Regală Arad 2010 « Romania. Altfel

Princess Maria-Gabriella of Savoy participated of the baptism of little Carol-Ferdinand.Does she recognize Paul as Prince even if the romanian Royal Family doesn't?

LIVE stirileprotv.ro! Botezul printului Carol Ferdinand de Romania Video

I think we should separate a personal friendship, or whatever personal attitude of Royals towards other Royals, from a dynastical recognition.
Moreover, only the Head of the Italian Royal Family could possibly recognize Carol Ferdinand or Paul as Princes of Romania, and only inside Italy; surely not a Princess of a Royal House ruled by the Salic Law.

You can't take part on a event dedicated to a "Prince of Romania" if you know very well the romanian Royal Family doesn not recognize him as such.
I can't understant Princess Maria -Gabriella of Savoy on this issue.

New giuridical problems for Zizi Lambrino's eldest grandson:

Curtea Suprem

It is said in the article Paul (Zizi Lambrino's grandson) has debts of two million euro.There is a sentence (this says the article) of an English tribunal which asks to confiscate the goods of Paul in England, Wales and Romania.Marco Houston is behind this trial.Paul says(through his spokesman) Marco Houston has debts to himself and not viceversa.

Who would have thought that as a result of Carol's selfishness (sorry I couldn't hold this back) and the way he treated the people he so called loved (women and children), his descendants would still be dealing with the repercussions of his actions?

Its simply amazing.

King Carol II has nothing to do with the trials and controversies of Zizi Lambrino's eldest grandson.

King Carol II has nothing to do with the trials and controversies of Zizi Lambrino's eldest grandson.

That is true.

But his handling of his marriage and his son, makes one wonder if the eldest grandson would be having issues of this sort if his grandfather did do the heave ho with the marriage. You don't hear about other grandsons of former Kings (reigning and nonreigning) having issues like this.

Nor would Michael have had to deal with his half brother questioning Michael's right to be King. Or the resulting lawsuits. Thats my point.

HM King Mihai I has never met Zizi Lambrino's only son or her two grandsons.

This is in fact fallout from the Court case that Prince Radu brought against Marco Houston, editor of 'Royalty Monthly,' for libel. In 2004 Royalty Monthly published an article in which Prince Radu was accused of having received the Hohenzollern-Veringen title undeservedly and that he collaborated with the Securitate. Last July the lawsuit was won by Prince Radu, after Houston apologized in court and admitted that the accusations were false and should never have been published.

A couple of articles about the current Lambrino problems in English at the following links:

Nine O'Clock

UK Supreme Court demands compulsory execution on Prince Paul for 2m Euro debt

Basically The UK High Court of Justice has called on Romanian judges to enforce legal proceedings against Paul for an alleged debt of 2 million Euro he owes to Marco Houston, editor of 'Royalty Monthly" magazine. English magistrates decided that Lia and Paul Lambrino have a foreclosure on real estate properties in England, Wales and Romania. This lawsuit is a first for Romanian magistrates, since Romania joined the European Union on January 1, 2007.

According to the order, Paul "must not take out of England and Wales any of his goods in the two countries, up to the value of 1,820,000 pounds," and must not "sell or undervalue any of his goods, regardless if they are in England or Wales or abroad, up to this value."

The British High Court issued a notification saying that if Paul violates the order, he could be arrested.

Marco Houston obtained the sentence in London, then hired a Bucharest enforcer of judgment to recover his money. The enforcer has also demanded that magistrates freeze all the amounts of money various parties owe to the 'Prince Paul for Romania' Foundation.

Quite annoying that they refer to "Prince Paul" :mad: but funny the translation "to enforce a compulsory execution against Prince Paul "...:lol:
And " Supreme Court" is a bad translation of The High Court of Justice

HM King Mihai I has never met Zizi Lambrino's only son or her two grandsons.

I think you are missing my point but whatever.

I am speaking in generalizations that the actions of Carol as Prince and King with regards to his wives and children have had lasting repercussions that unfortunately for the living affect them today.

I totally agree with you.Carol II treated his family in a very strange way.

Forgive me everyone, but I'm confused. Prince Radu won his court case against Marco Houston this summer. (Which Marco himself replied to my thread after I posted the news in another forum) I'm not getting where Prince Paul comes into this. Was Paul the source for Marco's allegations? This is just for clarification, I'm in no way making accusations against anyone. Thanks!

That's a very good question.

Paul, Zizi Lambrino's eldest grandson, is not recognized as "Prince" by the Romanian Royal family.
It is obvious Marco Houston was involved in trials both with Radu Duda and Zizi Lambrino's grandson, Paul.

There are also romanians who treat Zizi Lambrino's grandson in an"official way":

The Swearing in Ceremony Military Sworn in Dragasani

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your help Cory. Carol II left a tangled web as a result of his affairs.:ermm:

I don't know why Paul Hohenzollern is styling himself as Prince Paul of Romania.
Being his grandparents marriage was not recongized thus means he has no right to the title as prince.
And now he and his wife are parents in their 60's I can't think what it would be like being a new parent
at that age but congratualtions to them.

Back
Top Bottom