Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Romania the Sovereign is not the Head of any Church/denomination, there is no official national Church and all the 18 denominations are equal. The Easter gesture of the King's grandson is so perfectly normal taking into account that in the same King's Family there are both Catholics and Orthodox.

That is true. My reply was to the poster whom stated that "in a constutional monarchy the King is impartial (in religious matters)" and I came up with the world's most famous monarchy in which the Sovereign is far from impartial: she even appoints its clergy...

For the rest Nicholas was completely right and wise to treat both Faiths equal. The late Pope John-Paul II once remarked that the Catholic- and the Orthodox Churches each are one of the two lungs from the one and the same Church. Amen to that.

:flowers:

That is true. My reply was to the poster whom stated that "in a constutional monarchy the King is impartial (in religious matters)" and I came up with the world's most famous monarchy in which the Sovereign is far from impartial: she even appoints its clergy...

For the rest Nicholas was completely right and wise to treat both Faiths equal. The late Pope John-Paul II once remarked that the Catholic- and the Orthodox Churches each are one of the two lungs from the one and the same Church. Amen to that.

He represents certainly a new vision regarding society and a more inclusive one.

Where does he really live now? I do not suppose he lives at Elisabeta Palace with his aunts anymore.

Where does he really live now? I do not suppose he lives at Elisabeta Palace with his aunts anymore.

Obviously you haven't read the interviews I have posted links to, at this interview I have posted, Nicolae tells that he lives at an apartment close to the Elisabeta Palace. He has told this in other interviews too.
Rencontre avec le prince Nicolas de Roumanie - L'Express Styles

Gallery from Sunday from Nicolae's Facebook
Ziua 12, etapa 9 - Calarasi - Constanta _ Facebook

Last edited:
We know anything new about the personal life?

And the wunderful idea he has to focus to the education to the young generation.

I'm sure when he decided to return to Romania he did it with the purpose to dedicate and offer to his country. Let's hope to do that as the King to the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously you haven't read the interviews I have posted links to, at this interview I have posted, Nicolae tells that he lives at an apartment close to the Elisabeta Palace. He has told this in other interviews too.
Rencontre avec le prince Nicolas de Roumanie - L'Express Styles

Gallery from Sunday from Nicolae's Facebook
Ziua 12, etapa 9 - Calarasi - Constanta _ Facebook

I knew he was not living with his aunts anymore but he has never explicitly spoke about the place nor he received journalists in his apartment.

The article posted by LadyFinn tells that Nicholas is son of a British father (Professor Dr Robin Medforth-Mills) and born in Switzerland. He would still have lead a life full with sports and adventures, ready to jump on every plane, until suddenly his grandfather, former King Michael of Romania requested his involvement in Romania.

Nicholas had no idea what his grandfather was talking about: living in Romania and being in line of the (defunct) throne of Romania. That is why he spent a summer in Romania, talking a lot to his aunt Princess Margarita and travelling around. He became to learn Romania better and thanks to his aunt he was more aware what could be expected and which 'weight' eventually would press on his shoulders.

Nicholas also told he preferred to travel rather than go for another education. Nicholas enjoyed his life to the full max: an expedition in Namibia, in Thailand, working with horses on a ranch in Oregon, going to Madagascar with an organization dedicated to the protection of nature, being a kayak instructor in Kenya, etc. Nicholas also made money in the United Kingdom by working in a supermarket. After an illness (malaria) he decided to go for the serious life and went to the Royal Holloway College, University of London to study business and management.

In the interview Nicholas also told that after the birth his family moved from Switzerland to Sudan. After three years the family moved to Durham in the United Kingdom (the North of England). As a teenager Nicholas enrolled at Shiplake College, a boarding school in Oxfordshire. In the interview Nicholas told abouth the typical British life. He became Head of House, internship leader and captain of the field hockey team.

Nicholas told that going to Romania was a (culture) shock. He did not speak a word of Romanian. He started with an intensive course in Moldova. Slowly he started to understand the structure of Romania and how the land works. In the interview Nicholas stated he still has difficulties with Romanian language and sometimes needs to find words in English. He told that his aunt Princess Margarita and her husband Radu Duda introduced him in society. Who is who in secular and religious life? Etc.

In the interview Nicholas also told about his royal grandparents, former King Michael, Prince von Hohenzollern and Queen Anne (née Princess de Bourbon de Parme). Every summer he met his grandparents in Switzerland, where they would play golf, go fishing and his grandfather driving around in a Jeep. Those memories are dear to Nicholas and he was happy to see both his grandparents in good health and enjoying life.

As told by LadyFinn, Nicholas stated he lives in an appartment on the domain of Palatul Elisabeta, home to his aunt Princess Margareta and his uncle Radu Duda. He started working for Curtea Veche Publishing. Make children read is one of his passions and that is why it still is one of Nicholas' missions. He also told that he has 'no idea' what to expect from future. He claimed that his grandfather, former King Michael, was very loved and respected in Romania. Everywhere Nicholas went, he received warmth and goodwill, Nicholas discovered it was easy to start a conversation with Romanians. Outside Romania Nicholas has already met royals from his generation from the United Kingdom, Belgium, Austria, Albania or Serbia. Nicholas stated that he is a "newbie" but learning fast.

Nicholas has no idea what future will bring to him. He thought that liffe has been incredibly kind to him. He never knew he would met such warm people in Romania. He thought he has "the best job in the world".

Last edited:
The love and respect the people have for the King will be directed towards the King's grandson.

The Romanians are really delighted to see the King's grandson.

He is really genuine in what he does and the people understands that. He is not playing the role of his life but he is just himself.

I'm sure when he decided to return to Romania he did it with the purpose to dedicate and offer to his country. Let's hope to do that as the King to the future.

Having a dedication to Romania and the Romanians does not necessarily mean that he has to be King. At the moment the former royal family plays a meaningful role in society without having a formal position.

We see that with other royal, princely or aristocratic families throughout Europe: they still can play a meaningful role in society without ever returning to the formal positions they once held.

The Dukes of Bavaria, the Counts Borromeo, the Princes Sayn-Wittgenstein, the Dukes of Alba, the Princes of Prussia, no one of them has any formal role but they still enjoy a prominent position in society, enjoy wealth and are treated with égards. That is more than what Marie-Antoinette could say when she was guillotined... I think none of them really wants a return of the monarchy. They are not like Don Quijote, fighting windmills...)

Last edited:
You mean is enough for them this and not interested for have a formal position? or is enenough for now?

Last edited:
This is shallow now, but again he is the best dressed male Royal. He could give Harry or Guillaume the number of his tailor :cool:

Photos of the visit to the school "King Mihai I"
Principele Nicolae al Romaniei la Scoala Regele Mihai I _ Facebook
https://ro-ro.facebook.com/florina.silviana/posts/10153301514417645
Principele Nicolae, vizită la Școala „Regele Mihai I” _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania

Nicolae attended on Thursday at an event Asociația Curtea Veche organized in honour of their Books for Children with Cycling -Tour through Romania. The event was held at the Hotel Domenii Plaza București.
Asociația Curtea Veche sărbătorește încheierea turului ciclist _ Facebook

This is shallow now, but again he is the best dressed male Royal. He could give Harry or Guillaume the number of his tailor :cool:

The King of Spain is supreme. Then comes the Prince of Wales and Prince Carl Philip of Sweden. Always very tailored suits. Nicholas looks good because he has a good body, I think the suits are "just" confection. But it suits him very good.

His elegance is natural and that's also why he is so popular.

Last edited:
The King of Spain is supreme. Then comes the Prince of Wales and Prince Carl Philip of Sweden. Always very tailored suits. Nicholas looks good because he has a good body, I think the suits are "just" confection. But it suits him very good.

Felipe, yes, impeccable (except in private when he has his washed out dad jeans on :ROFLMAO:).
There was this quote about Charles: 'He just keeps wearing the same clothes until they come back into fashion.' He reminds me a bit of the Duke of Windsor with his classical style.
I also like Nicholas' casual style
http://www.romaniaregala.ro/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/43-260x392.jpg

(Maybe we should discuss this in the fashion section ;D)

He is always so sweet with the children . And don't have to say how elegance is always. Keep going to the great work Nicolae.

Nicolae participated on Thursday night in the ceremonial start of the 15th Danube Delta Rally in downtown Tulcea. He had tried the role of co-drive in a track learning race with driver Simone Tempestini on Thursday afternoon. He said it was his first participation in a competition, but not his first high-speed race, as he loves motorsports and uses to watch them on TV "because they are full of energy."
SportsMin Szabo, Prince Nicholas at ceremonial start of Danube Delta Rally – AGERPRES

Photos
Danube Delta Rally _ Facebook

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom