Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find him very handsome! It would be great if he started travelling to represent Romania.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I agree! Let´s hope for the best, keep our fingers crossed, for a King Nicolas of Romania one day!

Prince Nicolae was on Friday in Valea Izvoarelor in Mures County, where he donated with the campaign "Children's books to every home" packages with books and school supplies to more than 300 students from several schools in the county. In total, 2,500 students from 20 schools will receive books. He encouraged the children to read and transmitted them that reading can open new horizons and helps them see life differently.
Association "Curtea Veche" with support Herlitz Romania, Azomureş and Diverta arrived on Friday to Mures as part of the national program of reading held by members of the Royal Family of Romania. Here, prince Nicolae offered books and autographs to each child and confessed that among his favorite books were adventures.
FOTO Principele Nicolae îndeamnă copiii să iubească lectura
Translation

Principele Nicolae, donație de carte în județul Mureș Familia Regală a României Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Last edited:
Thank you, Ladyfinn! By Pr. Nicolae I became more and more intersted in the romanian royal family. This young man has such a great charme and approach to people! It always surprises me how much respect the (ex-) royal family receives by the Romanians!

Last edited:
Prince Nicolae was on Friday in Valea Izvoarelor in Mures County, where he donated with the campaign "Children's books to every home" packages with books and school supplies to more than 300 students from several schools in the county. In total, 2,500 students from 20 schools will receive books. He encouraged the children to read and transmitted them that reading can open new horizons and helps them see life differently.
Association "Curtea Veche" with support Herlitz Romania, Azomureş and Diverta arrived on Friday to Mures as part of the national program of reading held by members of the Royal Family of Romania. Here, prince Nicolae offered books and autographs to each child and confessed that among his favorite books were adventures.
Translation

I completely agree with His Royal Highness Prince Nicolae about reading: "You must feel the paper you read"
When my father was a little boy, Grand-mere (his mother) stated that a bibliotheque (library) could have been built around him.
Reading is extremely important. :reading::reading::reading::reading::reading::reading::reading::reading::reading:

Duc_et_Pair
AlaxuC2JMzg4H2dSSZt3SxGq6K8dfwSAW5r7ZTTbN9Wpl2cb0NxP0pCZPnCfCXum6A+mfjxtBu40VWYBYA32BeCSxDMpcAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Serene Highness
A good marriage which adds to his standing and prestige does no harm, I would say. And if that is labelled 'snobbery', so be it. If I may advise Mr Nicholas Medforth-Mills, pardon, Prince Nicolae of Romania: marry some nice lady with a backgroud rooted in aristocracy. It will bring you status, prestige, your children with that lady will be rooted in European aristocracy both via the mother and the father. It is always worth to consider such things.

:flowers:[/QUOTE]

No, a "good marriage", let´s say like the ones of the CP-couples of Scandinavia, the dutch royal couple or the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge not only do not hurt, they are absolutely vital these days for monarchies to survive, while like ones of the first marriage of the Prince of Wales to a certain aristocratic lady of Norfolk origin or former King and Queen of Spain could almost bring it to a downfall! I certainly know that "equal" marriages can be as happy as the first here mentioned. But the best guarantee, if there is any, for a successful marriage still seems to be free choice of partners!
To your remark "snobbery- be it!" I can only say, I could never respect or admire a snobbish royal family! If I had the faintest clue they were I wouldn´t be a monarchist, that´s for sure. But that´s only MY opinion...

I just ask myself how do you come to the conclusion, after the experience of the past 40 or so years, that commoners marrying into royal houses weaken it while the opposite is the fact! (But I agree with you on Miss Hellqvist when it comes to suitability - but that´s of another thread)

Last edited:
With all due respect I do not think the marriages of the Prince of Wales or the King and Queen of Spain failed because they were aristocratic. I will say that Queen Sofia, whatever King Juan Carlos may have done, has shown a tremendous dedication to duty and that comes, to a large degree, from her background. Whatever personal unhappiness she may have she has not let it affect her sense of duty to the people of Spain. Something that can not be said for Lady Diana Spencer.

While I feel Prince Nicolai has shown great promise as heir to his grandfather and aunt based on his own work I also understand the prestige and legitimacy marrying a woman of the right background could bring. Likewise I believe the woman he marries ultimately should be someone he loves and respects and she him. That would be the first and most important criteria. A woman of royal pedigree would be icing on the cake.

With all due respect I do not think the marriages of the Prince of Wales or the King and Queen of Spain failed because they were aristocratic. I will say that Queen Sofia, whatever King Juan Carlos may have done, has shown a tremendous dedication to duty and that comes, to a large degree, from her background. Whatever personal unhappiness she may have she has not let it affect her sense of duty to the people of Spain. Something that can not be said for Lady Diana Spencer.

Please read carefully what I say! I NEVER stated their marriages failed because they were royals or aristocratic. It was just a remark about Duc et Pair´s claim that a "good marriage" had somethin´ to do with being married "equally". That statement is something I strongly doubt as we have seen many "good marriages" in the last half century between a royal and a born commoner ( I could name you a list, starting with Astrid from Norway and her husband, whose marriage lasts for more than 50 years by now up to princely couple´s from today who are still happily and affectionately married after more than 10 years or so). Of course Queen Sofia was a great Queen, and I admire her. But her royal background didn´t save her from being married to a man who betrayed her for years and did other things I wouldn´t call "the royal way"... This, however, didn´t help the spanish monarchy in the perception of the public.
The same goes for Constantine and Anne-Marie of Greece: Both have a very "royal" background, a young, beautiful and "blue-blooded" couple and still they got kicked out of their country 3 years after being got married.
Of course this could happen to a Queen Victoria of Sweden and Prince Consort Daniel, too! But certainly NOT because she married a former fitness trainer, but because people might get sick of the monarchy, change of zeitgeist, royal scandals, whatever...
Many people have stated quite correctly that Queen Silvia, whose impeccable behaviour and manners should be a role model to many aristocratic or royal born ladies, didn´t put the swedish monarchy into danger because she wasn´t born as a princess, but she might in fact have saved it!
What I say is that Royals can marry Royals if they wish to, and that´s great! But there cannot be a "must" or "should" nowadays! The success of a monarchy these days depends on functional marriages, approach to people and behaviour of the acting royal figures, not their social background (people want to see real people with problems they can associate with, not iconic marble figures put on a dais!).

Last edited:
Translation

Video from this event
DESCOPERÄ‚ LECTURA CU PETER PAN - YouTube

Prince Nicolae is on an official visit in Düsseldorf, Germany on 15th-17th September. He attends at the series of events commemorating the centenary of the death of King Carol I.
Principele Nicolae, vizită oficială în Germania, 15-17 septembrie 2014 Familia Regală a României Royal Family of Romania
Translation

"Prince Nicolae of Romania made ​​no fuss about his person when he was received yesterday together with a large Romanian delegation at City Hall".
Delegation Ein echter Prinz aus Rumänien zu Gast in Düsseldorf
Translation

Video of the celebrations, including prince Nicolae's speech in english.
Lumea ÅŸi noi

Thank you, LadyFinn, for pickin´up these clips! Without being a romanian I got the impression the Prince speaks the language with a slight british accent...?

Thank you, LadyFinn, for pickin´up these clips! Without being a romanian I got the impression the Prince speaks the language with a slight british accent...?

I'm not sure about Prince Nicolae speaking Romanian with a slight British accent, but I was amazed to listen to him speaking English with a slight Newcastle (Geordie) accent!

Prince Nicolae has visited "Little People" in Timisoara, a center for children with cancer.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.806188636091530.1073741902.210834488960284&type=1

On 20th October he attended at the launch of "Edu for Life" program, which aims to complete training of students, preparing them for the requirements of the business environment at graduation. The program is conducted in three phases.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.361313547368257.1073741944.179199982246282&type=1

Last edited:
Yes. The little patients did a royal collage with many well known photographs from King Carol II, Nicolae taking part in that triathlon competition, the CPss with her husband and nephew in orders and of course Mihai and Anne.

And on the top left of the collage is a picture of King Michael's mother, Queen Mother Elena, née Princess of Greece and Denmark.

[....] It was just a remark about Duc et Pair´s claim that a "good marriage" had somethin´ to do with being married "equally". [...]

That is not what I said. Mr Nicholas Medforth-Mills is a Swiss-born British citizen who suddenly claims to be HRH Prince Nicolae of Romania and is in the line of succession thanks to a one-sided and disputed change in the succession, in his advantage.

By making a "good marriage" (and indeed that means preferrably a lady with a good descent or backgroud) this Swiss-born British gentleman with a claim on a position in the former Romanian royal family can strenghten his position.

When he marries a lady from a family who has held important positions in Romania or in Europe, that would not harm his standing, his position. On the contrary I would say. When he would come home with an Esterházy, a Kinsky von Wchnitiz-Tettau, an Eudoxiu de Hurmuzachi, a Della Scala, a Wassilko von Serecki, etc. it would certainly do no harm. When Nicholas wants to marry a nude model from an Albanian magazine, okay, his choice. The difference however will be clear. Note how Radu Duda still is not taken au sérieux and seen as an actor finding himself back in the wrong play...

Prince Nicolae visited on 22nd October the Acorns British Style Nursery. He read to the children a story dear to them, "Charlie Cook's Favourite Book" by Julia Donaldson, answered the questions children made to him, posed at photos and spoke about how important it is to read.
Principele Nicolae, oră de lectură la Acorns British Style Nursery Familia Regală a României Royal Family of Romania
Translation

It is joyous that His Royal Highness Prince Nicolae wishes to promote reading.
I like the pictures of the children's faces filled with awe as Nicolae reads. :reading::reading::reading::reading::reading::reading::reading::reading::reading:

Prince Nicolae attends as a speaker at the Doha Goals Forum on 3rd-5th November. Doha Goals is the world’s premier platform for world leaders to create initiatives for global progress through sport.
DOHA GOALS Speakers

I wonder if we will be seeing more of Prince Nicolae attending Royal Weddings and Funerals in the near future?

I wonder if we will be seeing more of Prince Nicolae attending Royal Weddings and Funerals in the near future?

Nicholas has been representing the family at different events - but remember in order to attend one must be invited first.

During the last weeks I became more and more interested in the Prince and his activities. I have some questions about his biography:
Is his father, Dr. Medforth-Mills, still alive? Are N´s parents divorced? Does he have any siblings (is Elisabeth Karina his sister?!)?
I read in an article that he was King Mihai´s nephew?!? I thought he was his grandson!
This weeks Ora Regelui is purely and only about Nicolae. Enjoy!

Ora regelui

During the last weeks I became more and more interested in the Prince and his activities. I have some questions about his biography:
Is his father, Dr. Medforth-Mills, still alive? Are N´s parents divorced? Does he have any siblings (is Elisabeth Karina his sister?!)?
I read in an article that he was King Mihai´s nephew?!? I thought he was his grandson!
This weeks Ora Regelui is purely and only about Nicolae. Enjoy!

Ora regelui

King Mihai is prince Nicolae's grandfather. Nicolae's father Robin Medforth-Mills died in 2002. Princess Elena and Robin Medforth-Mills had divorced in 1991. Elisabeth Karina is Nicolae's sister.

Thank you, LadyFinn! So I was right about most issues that had been falsely stated by some journalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom