Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first book about and with HRH Prince Nicolae "Drumul spre casa" ("Voyage to homeland") will be soon in the bookshops. The book was made by the historian Filip Lucian Iorga who had different dialogues with the young Prince. The book is published by the Royal collection of Curtea Veche Publishing House:

http://www.romaniaregala.ro/jurnal/o-noua-carte-regala-drumul-spre-casa/

Attachments

• 10173567_707470612630000_747079145452258266_n.jpg
    10173567_707470612630000_747079145452258266_n.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Nays tic pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Nicolae is more and more feeling like a fish in the water. It looks like the Romanians, the authorities included, treat him with égards. My impression is that he is a goodnatured, laidback and easygoing gentleman.

Found this video of HRH speaking Romanian. He's speaking well, especially if he is giving interviews in the language! That's fantastic!

I don't know the language, but it sounds like he has a deep accent -judging from my Romanian courses.

This is from YouTube..

http://youtu.be/APgpOiodbxA

HRH Prince Nicolae of Romania (1985- )

When the Crown Princess Margarita officially becomes head of house will Elena or Nicolae become crown princess or prince?

The same situation as HRH Hereditary Crown Prince Peter of Serbia!?

If the Parliament agrees to restore Monarchy and accept the Line of Succession proposed by the King in 2007 Princess Helen could become Crown Princess after her sister.

When the Crown Princess Margarita officially becomes head of house will Elena or Nicolae become crown princess or prince?

The same situation as HRH Hereditary Crown Prince Peter of Serbia!?

It isn't a guarantee that Margareta will officially and clearly become head of the house. Karl Friedrich may currently be saying that he's not interested, but he could easily change his mind after the King's passing. Likewise, Romanian monarchists may currently be going along with Margareta as the CP, but they could change their mind after the King's passing - after all, in 1997, they wanted him to name a male heir from the German branch of the family, before relenting to accept Nicholas as the heir, before being forced to accept Margareta. Further, Carol II has male male-line descendants in the form of Paul Hohenzollern. His father was declared to be legitimately born by Romanian courts, which means that monarchists could easily chose to overlook the non-dynastic marriages that occurred there and support him - after all, the King's daughters all married non-dynastically yet they and their offspring currently have support now.

Really, it's entirely possible that when the King dies 4 pretenders to the throne will emerge - Margareta, Nicholas, Karl Friedrich, and Paul.

The situation won't be the same as Peter of Serbia though. Peter is the current pretender's eldest son; the current pretender, Alexander, being the last monarch's only son. As Alexander married dynastically, there's no reason to contest his son's right to inherit.

The late Prince Pedro Gastão of Orleans-Braganza is a prime example of what Prince Karl Friedrich can turn out to be.

After his father's (who have renounced his rights to the Throne before he married and had children) death, in 1940, he started to claim the Headship of the Imperial House of Brazil, which rightfuly belonged to his first cousin, Prince Pedro Henrique and than to the later's son, Prince Luiz.

Princess Helen's son lives now in Romania but he is not as popular as his grandfather because he is not enough known by the people.
(Princess Helen does not live in Romania)

Princess Helen? I didn't realize that You were talking about Elena.
Nicolae does not need to be 100% popular for the people to make an heir -they could surely choose to support him and or his mother and aunt due to their being direct descendants of HM the King.

Are there any pictures or information of HRH attending Easter celebrations?

Princess Elena's son was at Sighisoara for Easter.

Sent from my GT-S6312 using The Royals Community mobile app

The historian Filip Iorga wrote the book.

The historian Filip Iorga wrote the book.

I believe HRH had another book meeting today. Glad to see that he has a book dedicated solely to him, his work, and his position. This is a start into giving him more exposure among the people of Romania.

Without speaking a perfect Romanian and knowing the realities of the country Princess Elena's son won't become too popular.

Found this lovely picture if HRH the Crown Princess, and HRH Prince Nicolae.ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1398729421.068996.jpg

Wow!! That is indeed a lovely picture of the two of them and Thank You for sharing it w/us. I can actually see some of his Grandmother, Her Majesty Queen Anne, in his face in that Picture. Where was it taken?

Wow!! That is indeed a lovely picture of the two of them and Thank You for sharing it w/us. I can actually see some of his Grandmother, Her Majesty Queen Anne, in his face in that Picture. Where was it taken?

I believe it was taken at a recent ceremony last month when the Crown Princess was handing out medals.

I definitely have to agree with you about his face showing signs of his grandmother, the Queen.

Cory, I have noticed in recent weeks you have started to refer to Nicolae as Princess Elena's son rather than say "Prince Nicolae" and wondered whether there was anything significant in your choice of words?!

Cory, I have noticed in recent weeks you have started to refer to Nicolae as Princess Elena's son rather than say "Prince Nicolae" and wondered whether there was anything significant in your choice of words?!

I couldn't help but notice myself.

He is Princess Elena's son so I suppose it's nothing incorrect in calling him like this until the Parliament will decide (if the Monarchy is retored) the Line of Succession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom