The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Romania

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-21-2014, 03:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Encouraging "Alpha Transilvana", an Associaton for children with special needs:

Principele Nicolae, voluntar al Fundației „Alpha Transilvană”, 14-18 iulie 2014 | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

Old 07-24-2014, 03:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love this one picture:

https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/...18104784_n.jpg

He would be a great father. His interactions with the children are so lovely.

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Let's hope he will marry a German Princess and becomes a wonderful father.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Let's hope he will marry a German Princess and becomes a wonderful father.

I know that traditionally a Romanian royal wasn't allowed to marry Romanian nationals but what other rules concerning marriage did the royal family have?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-24-2014, 06:04 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
I know that traditionally a Romanian royal wasn't allowed to marry Romanian nationals but what other rules concerning marriage did the royal family have?
They didn't..??? that's ridiculous! Who came up with these rules? How did they otherwise expect the imported dynasty to be nativized?
Old 07-25-2014, 02:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
They didn't..??? that's ridiculous! Who came up with these rules? How did they otherwise expect the imported dynasty to be nativized?
I think that was put in place to ensure that no important family became too powerful. It was the only way that the various feuding politicians of the time could agree on a ruler
Old 07-25-2014, 05:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

All the marriage with Romanians were less popular than the other starting with those of the two srviving sons of Ferdinand I.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Helping the children with special needs:

Familia Regala - Stiri
Old 09-03-2014, 02:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Nicolae participates to the biggest mass sports competition in Eastern Europe and the Balkans, Triathlon Challenge Mamaia on 5th-7th September.
Participăm la Triathlon Challenge Mamaia – susţine-ne şi tu!
Translation

Particip la Triathlon pentru promovarea lecturii I ride for promoting the importance of reading - Galantom - Comunitatea oamenilor de bine
Old 09-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post

The Danube principalities as it was called then was for a long time ruled by the powerful boyar families or the Greek Phanariote families in a corrupt system where the Ottomans sold control of the land to the highest bidder. To ensure a stable development of the newly independent country it was decided to keep the indigenous noble clans from the throne.
One direct consequence of this is the Zizi Lambrino affair where as a Romanian she couldn't legally marry Prince Carol.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-03-2014, 09:47 PM
Gentry

I just wish the Romania government would do the right thing and restore the Royal Family while King Michael is still alive. The Crown Princess has worked for Romania her entire adult life and Prince Nicholas continues to impress. If any family deserves to be restored it is this one. They could represent Romania in a wonderful way without the taint of politics.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's not just the government though, or the family itself.

It's not entirely about whether or not the government wants to restore a monarchy or if the family is deserving, although both can come into play. It's ultimately about whether or not the people want a monarchy, and in Romania they don't. I think the most recent polls put them at 30% in favour of a restoration.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:47 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Horthy View Post
I just wish the Romania government would do the right thing and restore the Royal Family while King Michael is still alive. The Crown Princess has worked for Romania her entire adult life and Prince Nicholas continues to impress. If any family deserves to be restored it is this one. They could represent Romania in a wonderful way without the taint of politics.
My sentiments, entirely. My fears are that with the King's advancing years, the chances grow slimmer that this will happen and after his passing the hornet's nest of the queston of the succession is not going to help. However, I have not given up hope that future constitutional reform may lead to some form of "crowned republic" in which a constitutionally recognised King (or Queen) of the Romanians, performing a purely symbolic and ceremonial role could co-exist with an elected President of the Romanian State.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
My sentiments, entirely. My fears are that with the King's advancing years, the chances grow slimmer that this will happen and after his passing the hornet's nest of the queston of the succession is not going to help. However, I have not given up hope that future constitutional reform may lead to some form of "crowned republic" in which a constitutionally recognised King (or Queen) of the Romanians, performing a purely symbolic and ceremonial role could co-exist with an elected President of the Romanian State.
Isn't that what Romania already is?

King Michael lives in his Royal Palace by government legislation; has a staff (which have "His Majesty" in their email auto-signatures); is a prominent and beloved public figure; has served in official roles for Romania (such as touring Western Europe to help Romania's bid to join Nato); has a Royal Family that takes official trips on behalf of Romania; and even, if I recall right, has the Royal Family mentioned in the Constitution.

It seems like the only thing missing is something officially designating him as King of Romania.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Nicolae at the Triathlon Challenge Mamaia
Principele Nicolae, la Triathlon Challenge Mamaia Familia Regală a Romniei Royal Family of Romania
Translation
Old 09-06-2014, 08:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
It was interesting to learn about the "Books childhood bike" project.
I like the fact that this charity bicycle tour wishes to raise funds to promote reading among children from disadvantaged backgrounds in Romania.
A wonderful cause! A wonderful gesture!
Old 09-07-2014, 03:27 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSENYC View Post
Isn't that what Romania already is?

King Michael lives in his Royal Palace by government legislation; has a staff (which have "His Majesty" in their email auto-signatures); is a prominent and beloved public figure; has served in official roles for Romania (such as touring Western Europe to help Romania's bid to join Nato); has a Royal Family that takes official trips on behalf of Romania; and even, if I recall right, has the Royal Family mentioned in the Constitution.

It seems like the only thing missing is something officially designating him as King of Romania.
Indeed, Csenyc, although the situation is primarily linked to HM the King in person and what the situation will be when King Michael is no longer with us is less sure. With this in mind, I am heartened immensely by the recognition given and respect shown to Princess Margareta and Prince Nicolae by various government institutions.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Nicolae attended on Monday the commemoration of 125 years of the church near Sinaia Busteni. The church was built with the help of King Carol I and Queen Elisabeth of Romania.
Biserica Domnească din Bușteni, 125 de ani de la sfințire, 8 septembrie 2014 Familia Regală a Romniei Royal Family of Romania
Old 09-11-2014, 01:53 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Prince Nicolae attended on Monday the commemoration of 125 years of the church near Sinaia Busteni. The church was built with the help of King Carol I and Queen Elisabeth of Romania.
Biserica Domnească din Bușteni, 125 de ani de la sfințire, 8 septembrie 2014 Familia Regală a Romniei Royal Family of Romania
The picture of the little boy with the Prince was cute.

Tags
prince nicolae, royal family of romania