The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Romania

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Courtier

Shaving is not allowed in this time? (I´m not a Christian, so I have no idea).

Old 04-07-2014, 11:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Many would have this little penance/sacrifice and not shave during Lent. I do not really know if this is the case also of Prince Nicholas in this period.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:19 PM
Royal Highness

Lent started weeks ago and I am not sure whether Nicolae's beard is related to Lent, but it does suit him. I like Cory's description of "little penance/sacrifice" and think I should have done something for Lent this year....I am eating more healthily and there is a chocolate rabbit waiting to be eaten on the shelf, how I have managed not to eat it already, but that could be my Lent penance I suppose.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Courtier

Thank you
IA it suits him, I hope he keeps it.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
Shaving is not allowed in this time? (I´m not a Christian, so I have no idea).

I have seen it on a few gentlemen in my orthodox Parrish, so maybe this is the case. I have never asked, and it might be a little weird to do so. Especially being that ones sacrifice during lent is sometimes a personal one.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

HRH Prince Nicolae continues his visit in Satu Mare County:

ASR Principele Nicolae a început vizita oficială în Satu Mare : PortalSM.ro

Alteţea sa Regală Principele Nicolae al României a vizitat Colegiul Naţional Doamna Stanca Satu Mare | Informaţia Zilei

HRH Prince Nicolae encouraging the ancient popular traditions of Satu Mare county:

Old 04-10-2014, 07:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

The first book about and with HRH Prince Nicolae "Drumul spre casa" ("Voyage to homeland") will be soon in the bookshops. The book was made by the historian Filip Lucian Iorga who had different dialogues with the young Prince. The book is published by the Royal collection of Curtea Veche Publishing House:

http://www.romaniaregala.ro/jurnal/o...mul-spre-casa/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10173567_707470612630000_747079145452258266_n.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	291330  
Old 04-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos of prince Nicolae's visit to Satu Mare county
Imagini din vizita Principelui Nicolae în județul Satu Mare Familia Regală a României Royal Family of Romania
Old 04-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Royal Highness

Nays tic pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Nicolae is more and more feeling like a fish in the water. It looks like the Romanians, the authorities included, treat him with égards. My impression is that he is a goodnatured, laidback and easygoing gentleman.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:34 AM
Royal Highness

Found this video of HRH speaking Romanian. He's speaking well, especially if he is giving interviews in the language! That's fantastic!

I don't know the language, but it sounds like he has a deep accent -judging from my Romanian courses.

This is from YouTube..

http://youtu.be/APgpOiodbxA
Old 04-17-2014, 04:48 PM
Royal Highness

HRH Prince Nicolae of Romania (1985- )

When the Crown Princess Margarita officially becomes head of house will Elena or Nicolae become crown princess or prince?

The same situation as HRH Hereditary Crown Prince Peter of Serbia!?
Old 04-17-2014, 05:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

If the Parliament agrees to restore Monarchy and accept the Line of Succession proposed by the King in 2007 Princess Helen could become Crown Princess after her sister.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
When the Crown Princess Margarita officially becomes head of house will Elena or Nicolae become crown princess or prince?

The same situation as HRH Hereditary Crown Prince Peter of Serbia!?

It isn't a guarantee that Margareta will officially and clearly become head of the house. Karl Friedrich may currently be saying that he's not interested, but he could easily change his mind after the King's passing. Likewise, Romanian monarchists may currently be going along with Margareta as the CP, but they could change their mind after the King's passing - after all, in 1997, they wanted him to name a male heir from the German branch of the family, before relenting to accept Nicholas as the heir, before being forced to accept Margareta. Further, Carol II has male male-line descendants in the form of Paul Hohenzollern. His father was declared to be legitimately born by Romanian courts, which means that monarchists could easily chose to overlook the non-dynastic marriages that occurred there and support him - after all, the King's daughters all married non-dynastically yet they and their offspring currently have support now.

Really, it's entirely possible that when the King dies 4 pretenders to the throne will emerge - Margareta, Nicholas, Karl Friedrich, and Paul.

The situation won't be the same as Peter of Serbia though. Peter is the current pretender's eldest son; the current pretender, Alexander, being the last monarch's only son. As Alexander married dynastically, there's no reason to contest his son's right to inherit.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:33 PM
Nobility

The late Prince Pedro Gastão of Orleans-Braganza is a prime example of what Prince Karl Friedrich can turn out to be.

After his father's (who have renounced his rights to the Throne before he married and had children) death, in 1940, he started to claim the Headship of the Imperial House of Brazil, which rightfuly belonged to his first cousin, Prince Pedro Henrique and than to the later's son, Prince Luiz.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Helen's son lives now in Romania but he is not as popular as his grandfather because he is not enough known by the people.
(Princess Helen does not live in Romania)
Old 04-18-2014, 01:29 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Helen? I didn't realize that You were talking about Elena.
Nicolae does not need to be 100% popular for the people to make an heir -they could surely choose to support him and or his mother and aunt due to their being direct descendants of HM the King.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:46 AM
Royal Highness

Are there any pictures or information of HRH attending Easter celebrations?
Old 04-23-2014, 01:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Elena's son was at Sighisoara for Easter.

Sent from my GT-S6312 using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-24-2014, 06:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Elena's son,Nicholas, speaks about his better knowledge of Romanian and about his life:

Principele Nicolae, nepotul Regelui Mihai, povesteşte cum a descoperit România | Stiriletvr.ro - Site-ul de stiri al TVR

Tags
prince nicolae, royal family of romania