The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Romania

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Royal Highness

After all these years, I have only just started to read about the royal family of Romania and have found it all very interesting indeed.
The life of Prince Nicolae is extraordnary and is almost like a fairytale, except it is an ordinary young man who has become an HRH and moved to his ancestral country to do his best for the people whom one day he might reign over!
Whether Romania becomes a monarchy or not is obviously up to the people of this enchanting country, but nonetheless it is so nice that the royal family workhard to promote and do what they can for their country and they are a valuable asset to them!
It is a shame that the officia royal website has no English pages.
With regard to Nicolae himself, he seems like a very presentable man, clearly keen to carry out his duties and do his best for Romania. I hope he does NOT lose weight as I do not think he needs to - he dresses very smartly and looks cool. I hope he manages to get to grips with the language - must be difficult!

Sending best wishes to our Romanian friends here on TRF.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Nicolae really improved his Romanian in the last year and is indeed very present in the public life.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Please, for the sake of posters who may visit these forums seeking out accurate information, stop speaking out of ignorance.

King Michael NEVER named his son-in-law as a co-heir with Crown Princess Margarita. The king granted Radu the HRH style and ad personam title of Prince of Romania to correlate with his being married to the eldest daughter and immediate heiress of His Majesty. Prince Radu possesses NO dynastic rights; only descendants of King Michael can accede to the Headship of the Royal House.

Again, please check your sources before trying to pass off biased and incorrect statements as fact.
Thank you for this post.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:35 PM
Serene Highness

I can't believe that someone passing themselves off as a know it all is actually openly taking on someone who is one of the more well known and respected Royal Correspondents out there. Talk about a losing battle.

Marlene, I've been a fan for many years and learned a lot from you as well. Never thought I'd get the chance to actually thank you though. :).
Old 08-22-2013, 02:31 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
I can't believe that someone passing themselves off as a know it all is actually openly taking on someone who is one of the more well known and respected Royal Correspondents out there. Talk about a losing battle.

Marlene, I've been a fan for many years and learned a lot from you as well. Never thought I'd get the chance to actually thank you though. :).
I am also a Marlene Koenig fan. Thank you Marlene for sharing your incredible knowledge as well as personal insight regarding King Michael and his family.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

I suppose the Romanians know better than anybody else their own Royal Family!
Old 08-30-2013, 03:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Nicolae, volunteer at The Stone Film Festival :

Principele Nicolae al României, voluntar la Filmul de Piatra
Old 09-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

HRH Prince Nicolae of Romania defends the environment and stands against the Rosia Montana project :

Principele Nicolae: Trebuie s
Old 10-03-2013, 07:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

HRH Prince Nicolae of Romania received together with his aunt the volunteers of the Princess Margareta Foundation and the old people helped by the Foundation at Elisabeta Palace:

Familia Regala - Activitati curente
Old 10-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

HRH Prince Nicolae received yesterday evening a delegation of the Romanian Students Association at Elisabeta Palace.

http://www.familiaregala.ro/news/379...n-Strainatate/
Old 11-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Nicholas is visting Jordan these days and the visit was organized with the help of the Minister for Foreign Affairs.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Nicolae attended on 6th December in Bucharest at the reception the ambassador of Finland Ulla Väistö held due to the Independence Day of Finland.
Celebrating the 96th Independence Day of Finland in Bucharest - Embassy of Finland, Bukarest Current Affairs
I haven't found any photos.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Prince Nicolae attended on 6th December in Bucharest at the reception the ambassador of Finland Ulla Väistö held due to the Independence Day of Finland.
Celebrating the 96th Independence Day of Finland in Bucharest - Embassy of Finland, Bukarest Current Affairs
I haven't found any photos.

Nicolae is having many more public appearances for the royal family, a few of them, especially the last two are rather big appearances.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Christmas Lecture at the Romanian Athenaeum | Familia Regal
Old 01-15-2014, 07:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

The first book about Prince Nicolae written by the historian Filip-Lucian Iorga ( "Convorbirile Principelui Nicolae cu istoricul Filip Iorga“) will be soon published at Curtea Veche Publishing House.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

HRH Prince Nicolae was present at the Anniversary of 150 years of the Romanian Chamber of Commerce:

Camera Na
Old 02-03-2014, 07:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

HRH Prince Nicolae with his uncle at the Euroasian Economic Summit:

The Royal Family at the 17th Eurasian Economic Summit | Familia Regal
Old 02-11-2014, 04:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

HRH Prince Nicolae at the Sir Winston Churchill Future Leaders Public Debating Competition:

http://www.romaniaregala.ro/jurnal/principele-nicolae-la-sir-winston-churchill-future-leaders-public-debating-competition/

On the 15th of February HRH Prince Nicolae will be at Peles Castle in Sinaia at the opening of the "Karel Liman – The Czech Architect of the Royal House of Romania " exhibition:

Povestea arhitectulului ceh al Casei Regale a României | REALITATEA.MOBI

http://peles.ro/karel-liman-arhitect...regale-romane/
Old 02-18-2014, 03:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
On the 15th of February HRH Prince Nicolae will be at Peles Castle in Sinaia at the opening of the "Karel Liman – The Czech Architect of the Royal House of Romania " exhibition:

Povestea arhitectulului ceh al Casei Regale a României | REALITATEA.MOBI

Karel Liman – Arhitectul Ceh al Casei Regale Romane | Muzeul National Peles
Photos from the exhibition
Vernisajul expoziţiei Karel Liman la Castelul Peleş Familia Regală a României Royal Family of Romania
Old 03-22-2014, 10:25 PM
Royal Highness

The prince has been pretty quiet lately in terms of his public appearances. Do we know what HRH has been up to these days?

Tags
prince nicolae, royal family of romania