HRH Crown Princess Margarita and Prince Radu current events part 1 (2004-2015)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that certainly seems to settle the matter of whether or not they are "more than nominally Orthodox." ?

No...it only demonstrates they want to have a dialogue with both Orthodox jurisdictions that are in Bessarabia.

No debate about Monarchy and republic in Romania? "Functional Monarchy"? I am sure themajority of the Romanian royalists strongly disagree with these ideas.

Last edited:
Prince Radu attended on Monday at the opening of the Bucharest International Film Festival. He is the patron of the Festival.
Principele Radu, la deschiderea Festivalulului Internațional al Filmului București _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Prince Radu is now the Patron of the National Federation of Pigeon Breeders in Romania. The ceremony was held on Tuesday 21st April at the Elisabeta Palace and was followed by a reception.
Principele Radu, Înalt Patronaj Federației Naționale a Crescătorilor de Porumbei _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Last edited:
His Royal Highness Prince Radu will carry out, 4-5 May 2015, an official visit to Sweden. The visit will take place in Stockholm and Uppsala.
Mr. George Octavian Burtoi, State Secretary in the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and a delegation of representatives of agricultural producers in Romania take part at the visit.
During the visit, Prince Radu will be received at the Royal Palace by Their Majesties King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden.
Also, His Royal Highness visits the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences in Uppsala and the Royal Swedish Academy of Agricultural and Forestry in Stockholm.
Romanian Embassy in Stockholm will host a seminar on promoting Romanian agri-food products. During the visit, Prince Radu will meet prominent representatives of Swedish farmers and civil society personalities. His Royal Highness will also attend at the Romanian Embassy at a reception hosted by Her Excellency Ambassador Mrs Matache Răduţa.
Vizită regală în Suedia _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Last edited:
Does the Crown Princess accompany her husband on such trips? Seems a bit of role reversal?

I agree i think Crown Princess she must going to this trips not only the Prince Radu.

Well... also Máxima, Mathilde, Mary, etc. make trips on their own, as do (did) Philip, Henrik, Claus, Bernhard, etc. Also these royals-by-marriage were received by fellow royals etc. In fact nothing new under the sun.

Its not the same thing. Its not official royals yet. They are trying to do and this trips is opportunity to show its support for the country.

Obviously king Michael thinks that prince Radu can represent Romania and the romanian royal house abroad alone, he makes many official trips alone in a year. He just visited Turkmenistan alone.

I don't disagree with this LadyFinn i'm just saying (how to say to understand) she must should lead more often in such a trips.I mean she is after all ths Crown Princess.

I guess the difference with Maxima, Mathilde and Mary usually accompany their husbands on official trips only carrying out their own when its to support a charity or initiative of which they are patron. Furthermore all the royals mentioned are spouses married to a royal family and who's partners do carry out just as much a busy program.
This case seems odd to me because we don't often see the Crown Princess carrying out similar trips, it always seems to be Radu, who is I'm sure a super representative, but isn't the one born royal.

Prince Radu and the delegation visited today the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences in Uppsala. He was welcomed by Vice-Chancellor Lisa Sennerby Forsse, Pro Vice-Chancellor of Cooperation Johan Schnürer, and Deputy Dean from Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science Torkel Ekman.
Rumänske prinsen på besök - SLU - Sveriges lantbruksuniversitet
Translation

At a reception at the embassy
https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=2a989bca66e597ed5989ca9c0d9b35e7&oe=55DC6E56
https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/h...57_1583604781916359_5628302132272652463_o.jpg
https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/h...21_1583604825249688_2784681136155227694_o.jpg

Last edited:
On Tuesday Prince Radu visited the Royal Swedish Academy of Agriculture and Forestry in Stockholm.
Kungligt besök på KSLA _ Kungl. Skogs- och Lantbruksakademien
Translation

https://www.facebook.com/ambasadastockholm/posts/1584337771843060
https://www.facebook.com/2543570050...1430842663./10152792190460079/?type=1&theater

According to the swedish court website, prince Radu had on Tuesday lunch at the Royal Palace with king Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia and crown princess Victoria. No photos yet.

Last edited:
Crown Princess Margarita delivered, on behalf of His Majesty King Mihai I, certificates Supplier of the Royal House of Romania to eight Romanian companies at the Elisabeta Palace on Thursday. Also prince Radu attended.
De 10 Mai, opt certificate de Furnizor Regal _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Prince Radu attended on Thursday evening at the concert of Corul Regal (Royal Choir). The concert was organized in connection of 10th May. Prince Radu is the patron of the choir.
Concertul Corului Regal, cu ocazia zilei de 10 Mai _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Last edited:
On Friday, crown princess Margareta and prince Radu hosted at the Elisabeta Palace an official dinner given on behalf of His Majesty King Mihai I. The dinner was offered during May 10th celebrations.
Dineu regal cu ocazia zilei de 10 Mai _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Prince Radu attended on Saturday at the "Cupa Regelui la Oină" at the Stadionul Arcul de Triumf. He delivered the trophy and medals.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Crown princess Margareta and prince Radu attended on Saturday at the concert of Cameratei Regala. The event celebrated the 10th May.
Camerata Regală, concert de 10 Mai la Ateneul Român _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Prince Radu was on Sunday morning at 08.00 at the start of the Royal Marathon.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010020011O143127333495448
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010020021O143127333495448

Last edited:
Prince Radu doing all the job to Romania. I think is doing a good job represents the King Mihai. And i wonder how to see him now the Romanians.

Thank you for the immediate response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Radu Duda was for a long time not taken au sérieux, seen as a mésalliance for a royal Princess, seen as "that actor", a sort of gold digger marrying well. But to be honest, he is the one who is most active, who has dragged the Romanian royal family out of obscurity. He has a fine nose for publicity and his blog is a great source of information. He has understood that visibility and good PR is a key target.

Radu has not been without controverses, in the latest decade he has learned to remain in the shadow of his spouse, Princess Margarita. It is there, in the shadow, where he functions best. When he is too much trumpeting on his style and position as "Prince Radu", this only results in irritation: "What does that former actor think he is???" but all this has disappeared now he has understood his role better and found a good way.

Crown princess Margarita and prince Radu attended on Monday 11th May at the event of Princess Margarita of Romania Foundation at the Elisabeta Palace.
The performers were from the Foundation's Young Talents -program.
Seara Fundaţiei Principesa Margareta a României la Palatul Elisabeta _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

2015 Seara Fundatiei Principesa Margareta a Romaniei _ Facebook

Crown Princess Margarita, the new President of the Romanian Red Cross
Friday, May 15, 2015, in Brașov, the General Assembly of the Romanian Red Cross National Society elected Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Margarita as President of the Romanian Red Cross.
Romanian Red Cross was created in 1876, under the reign of King Carol I and benefited from an important support from Queen Elisabeta, the first Queen of the Romanians. From 1915, the Romanian Red Cross received the Patronage of Queen Marie, who was a symbol, an ambassador and an inspirational leader of the organization. An important partnership with the Red Cross was provided by Queen Helen, the Queen Mother of Romania, during the Second World War.
Crown Princess Margarita made a public statement in which Her Royal Highness expressed her gratitude to the Romanian Red Cross representatives, who re-established a long and valuable tradition of partnership between the oldest organization in the country and the Romanian Crown.
https://www.facebook.com/FamiliaReg...4437050270956/829743037073684/?type=1&theater
Principesa Moștenitoare Margareta, noul președinte al Crucii Roșii Române _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLLKwKYQwKg

Last edited:
Crown princess Margarita and prince Radu visited on Tuesday and Wednesday the University of Medicine and Pharmacy at Târgu Mureș.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYndy-PyiRA
The university was founded by royal decree signed by King Mihai I, in 1945. Crown Princess Margarita unveiled the effigy of His Majesty King Mihai I, located in the central building of the University. The couple met with representatives of the University, the academic community, with students of the University. They took part in the festive hall of the University, at the launch of the book "Margareta. Testimony of a quarter century royal". Earlier in the day, Prince Radu attended at a conference on "The Royal Family and Romanian Army". The conference was attended by students and graduates of Military Medicine Faculty of the University.
The evening concluded with a dinner hosted by the University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Targu Mures in honor of Crown Princess Margarita. Together with HRH Prince Radu was attending Princess Muna from Jordan.
Vizită regală la Târgu Mureș, 19-20 mai 2015 _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom