The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Romania

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-10-2015, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

There has never been such a thing as "King of Hohenzollern". King Ferdinand I of Hohenzollern was King of Romania.

I wonder if all the descedants of the late Queen's children were asked about the opportunity of this action and if all were invited.

In 1922 King Ferdinand I , the Catholic Sovereign, crowned himself in Alba Iulia. Some politicians of Transylvania and the Romanian Greek-Catholic Bishops did not agree with the way the event was organized.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

The heart of Queen Mary of Romania won't be brought to a chapel or church as for any other Christian but to the Golden Hall of Pelisor Castle. This new surprising decision officially taken by the King will certainly bring new debates among the Orthodox and Catholics in Romania:

Inima Reginei Maria la Castelul Regal PeliČ™or | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

Old 09-24-2015, 04:16 PM
Commoner

Regina Maria. The true Lady of our nation

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2015, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Heart of Queen Marie finally to be laid to rest after 70 years

Heart of Queen Victoria's granddaughter finally to be laid to rest after 70 years | World news | The Guardian
Old 10-21-2015, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Why not back at Bran Castle?
Old 10-21-2015, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Possibly because Bran Castle is not owned by the Royal Family and Pelişor Castle is owned by ex King Michael I of Romania.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Bran Castle is owned by Queen Maria's grandchildren and her Heart was there before the communism.

The Queen had never mentioned Peles as a possible place for her heart and I wonder of there was a meeting of her 5 living grandchildren to decide regarding the Queen's heart.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Possibly because Bran Castle is not owned by the Royal Family and Pelişor Castle is owned by ex King Michael I of Romania.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Bran Castle is owned by Queen Maria's grandchildren and her Heart was there before the communism.

Haven't the Habsburgs been trying to sell Bran for years? If so it wouldn't be that smart to have the heart buried there.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-29-2015, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Even Pelisor could be sold by the descendants of King Michael in the future but at least Bran was one of the two castles owned by Queen Mary which is not the case for Pelisor.

King Ferdinand was not annointed by the Orthodox Metropolitan in Alba Iulia in 1922 being a Catholic King:

De ce nu a fost incoronat regele Ferdinand in Catedrala din Alba Iulia ci in afara ei | UnStory

Her home was at Bran.

How many of the late Queen's grandchildren agreed with this solution and how many of them will attend the event?
Old 11-01-2015, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Queen Marie of Romania’s Heart finally goes Home

Queen Marie of Romania's Heart finally goes Home - History of Royal Women
Old 11-03-2015, 03:18 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it was the right decision of the king. Bran Castle is no longer owned by the royal family may be sold to anyone. Of course we can not know the future of Pelisor Castle but this time seems to be the right move.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:56 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that the decisions to members of the royal family are taken from the head of the house in our case the King Mihai. Now if the grandchildren of Queen Marie agree with it or not I do not think that they can do anything. Whether attending the event will have to see.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

The ceremony "The Return of the Queen's Heart" started today at 11.00 at the Victoria Road in front of the National Museum of Romanian History.
The ceremony was attended by representatives of the Romanian and Moldovan authorities, members of the Diplomatic Corps, and from the army.
His Majesty the King was represented by HRH Crown Princess. HRH prince Radu and HRH princess Maria were present and family members of Princess Ileana, youngest daughter of Queen Maria.
The second part of the ceremony takes place at the Royal Castle Pelişor, starting at 13.15.
Astăzi dimineață a avut loc procesiunea militară a “Întoarcerii Inimii Reginei” _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation
Old 11-03-2015, 06:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
I think that the decisions to members of the royal family are taken from the head of the house in our case the King Mihai. Now if the grandchildren of Queen Marie agree with it or not I do not think that they can do anything. Whether attending the event will have to see.
All the grandchildren of the late Queen should have agreed with a solution. One grandson can't decide alone.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
All the grandchildren of the late Queen should have agreed with a solution. One grandson can't decide alone.
Cory, do you know if any of the Queen's grandchildren disagreed with the solution and didn't want their grandmother's heart placed in their castle? Have any made a statement to that effect?
Old 11-03-2015, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The ceremony "The Return of the Queen's Heart" started today at 11.00 at the Victoria Road in front of the National Museum of Romanian History.
The ceremony was attended by representatives of the Romanian and Moldovan authorities, members of the Diplomatic Corps, and from the army.
His Majesty the King was represented by HRH Crown Princess. HRH prince Radu and HRH princess Maria were present and family members of Princess Ileana, youngest daughter of Queen Maria.
The second part of the ceremony takes place at the Royal Castle Pelişor, starting at 13.15.
Astăzi dimineață a avut loc procesiunea militară a “Întoarcerii Inimii Reginei” _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation
From the Daily Mail

Soldiers transfer the HEART of Queen Victoria's grand-daughter and former Queen of Romania in a silver casket to the room where she drew her final breath 77-years ago* | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
Cory, do you know if any of the Queen's grandchildren disagreed with the solution and didn't want their grandmother's heart placed in their castle? Have any made a statement to that effect?
Only one of the grandchildren was present at the event.

The Queen Mary's heart is now at Pelisor Museum.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:20 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
And they didn't? It appears that members of the Habsburg-Tuscany family were there, and apart from king Mihai, the youngest 4 children of Pss Ileana are the only grandchildren of the Queen that are alive today AFAIK.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Only one of the grandchildren was present at the event.

The Queen Mary's heart is now at Pelisor Museum.
Sorry, Cory, but I didn't ask how many were present.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

That helps us to get the answers to the other questions.

From 5 granchildren of the late Queen only one was present:

https://www.facebook.com/ghid.zamolx...6/?pnref=story

https://www.facebook.com/diana.manda...37?pnref=story

At the National History Museum at the beginning of this ceremony there was the Roman-Catholic Metropolitan of Bucharest but I did not notice any Orthodox Bishop.

Do you know for sure which descendants of the late Queen were consulted to prepare this event?You don't!

The only thing that we are very sure is that the overwhelming majority of the descendants of the late Queen were not there. Let's hope they were ar least invited.

I ask because I really suppose such a decision must be taken by all the grandchildren. I also ask because we all noticed that the majority of the descendants were not there .