The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Romania

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-20-2014, 05:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Mary was Protestant and in her last years Orthodox .

Old 04-20-2014, 11:25 PM
Gentry

I've read that Queen Marie was very sympathetic towards the Bahai religion.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

She was interested in that religion in the last period of life of her very Catholic husband.

Sent from my GT-S6312 using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-23-2014, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
I am confused... So, Queen Maria, wife of Ferdinand, had an extra marital affair, that may or may not have produced a child?
Basically yes, she had an affair with Prince Barbu Ştirbey. It was reported that he wad the actual father of Queen Marie's youngest two children, Princess Ileana and Prince Mircea.
While there isn't any actual evidence that he was Ileana's father, it is instead likely that he was Mircea's father.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Barbu Stirbeu was all his life very close to the Queen but he could not stay in the country during 1930-1940.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Basically yes, she had an affair with Prince Barbu Ştirbey. It was reported that he wad the actual father of Queen Marie's youngest two children, Princess Ileana and Prince Mircea.
While there isn't any actual evidence that he was Ileana's father, it is instead likely that he was Mircea's father.

Did the king just call them his so that they would still have the same as their mother?
Old 04-24-2014, 06:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Rumors do not really belong to official history. King Ferdinand did never behave with his six children as if they weren't his own children.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
Did the king just call them his so that they would still have the same as their mother?
I suppose that - had Ferdinand had doubts about the paternity of his children - he would have recognized them as his own children to avoid scandals. But who knows if he had such doubts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Rumors do not really belong to official history.
The fact that one story is the "official" story doesn't necessarily mean that it is true and correct. On the contrary, there are many cases where the rumors are much more correct then the official history.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

King And Queen Of Romania visit Paris in 1924

Old 04-25-2014, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Coronation Celebrations at Alba-Iulia in 1922

Old 04-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Coronation Celebrations at Alba-Iulia in 1922

Who is the little boy? He is too old to be HM Mihai I.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Far too old to be Michael - he wouldn't be born for another 5 years.

I don't think the boy is a close relative of Ferdinand I's. His sons would have been too old to be the boy, and his grandsons/nephews too young.

It may have been a nephew of Marie's. Her sisters had sons who would have been the boy's age.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Far too old to be Michael - he wouldn't be born for another 5 years.

I don't think the boy is a close relative of Ferdinand I's. His sons would have been too old to be the boy, and his grandsons/nephews too young.

It may have been a nephew of Marie's. Her sisters had sons who would have been the boy's age.
Yes the future King Michael would only have been a little over a year old,maybe he's the son of one of Queen Marie's daughters?
Old 04-25-2014, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, Elisabeth, Nicholas, and Mircea had no children, Maria's eldest child wasn't born until 1923, Ileana's eldest was born in 1932. Carol had two sons - Carol Lambrino and Michael I, who would have been 2 and 1 respectively (I earlier mixed up Michael's birth year with his first accession).

The grandchildren of Ferdinand's elder brother, Wilhelm, would have been too young (the eldest being about 2 at the time) and the grandchildren of his younger brother, Karl Anton, had yet to be born.

The siblings of Ferdinand's wife, Marie, did have sons more the right age though. Her brother had no children. Her sister Victoria Melita had a son (Vladimir Kirillovich) who was 5, as was the grandson (Hans Albrecht) of her other sister, Alexandra. Marie's youngest sister, Beatrice, had sons who would have been 12 (Alvaro), 10 (Alonso), and 9 (Ataúlfo).
Old 04-26-2014, 04:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Well, Elisabeth, Nicholas, and Mircea had no children, Maria's eldest child wasn't born until 1923, Ileana's eldest was born in 1932. Carol had two sons - Carol Lambrino and Michael I, who would have been 2 and 1 respectively (I earlier mixed up Michael's birth year with his first accession).

The grandchildren of Ferdinand's elder brother, Wilhelm, would have been too young (the eldest being about 2 at the time) and the grandchildren of his younger brother, Karl Anton, had yet to be born.

The siblings of Ferdinand's wife, Marie, did have sons more the right age though. Her brother had no children. Her sister Victoria Melita had a son (Vladimir Kirillovich) who was 5, as was the grandson (Hans Albrecht) of her other sister, Alexandra. Marie's youngest sister, Beatrice, had sons who would have been 12 (Alvaro), 10 (Alonso), and 9 (Ataúlfo).

He looks like he could have been around 9, so perhaps he is Ataúlfo, Beatrice's son.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:31 PM
Royal Highness

Is it true that the queens heart is buried separate from her body, and is in a jeweled casket?
Old 05-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Serene Highness

Although Ferdinand I became King of Romania in 1914 on the death of his uncle, Carol I, the outbreak of the First World War delayed his coronation.
Ferdinand was crowned in Transylvania in 1922.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

He was crownded in Alba Iulia but not inside the Orthodox Cathedral but in front of it. He was a very devouted Catholic.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Old 06-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Exhibition dedicated by the Cotroceni National Museum of Bucharest to Queen Maria at the Sazopol Museum in Bulgaria:

Salonul Național de Artă Decorativă Cotroceni, la Sofia. Expoziția Regina Maria – istorie și destin itinerate la Muzeul Arheologic din Sozopol, Bulgaria