The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Romania

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 08-10-2016, 09:47 PM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
But she is on a list for the headship of her Family. She is less private if we consider this detail.

But you do not recognize the line of succession (anymore), so why are you interested?
__________________

__________________
Sii forte.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 08-10-2016, 09:47 PM
Cris M's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Niterói, Brazil
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
But she is on a list for the headship of her Family. She is less private if we consider this detail.
Why are you so worried? Shouldn't you be wondering about what some Prince of Hohenzollern has studied?
__________________

__________________
“If a thousand thrones I had, I would give a thousand thrones to get the slaves free in Brazil."

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 08-10-2016, 09:49 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
But you do not recognize the line of succession (anymore), so why are you interested?
How can anybody support such a line that has not obviously any interest in the young generation of that Family?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 08-10-2016, 09:51 PM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
How can anybody support such a line that has not obviously any interest in the young generation of that Family?

Ah, so you actually were not genuinely interested in the answer when you asked what she studied? That is rather duplicitous, non?
__________________
Sii forte.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 08-10-2016, 09:53 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,061
Of course I am interested. Even if I do not consider the descendants of the King as dynasts they are always His Family.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 08-10-2016, 09:53 PM
Cris M's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Niterói, Brazil
Posts: 847
Yes, we better support the Hohenzollern line, where absolutely no one has shown any interest in Romania.

Who cares about the Crown Princess, Prince Radu (or should I say Mr. Duda?) and Princess Maria? They're just three childless people who are working for the benefit of Romania and seems to be genuinely interested in the country.
__________________
“If a thousand thrones I had, I would give a thousand thrones to get the slaves free in Brazil."

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 08-10-2016, 10:00 PM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Of course I am interested. Even if I do not consider the descendants of the King as dynasts they are always His Family.

Of course King Michael's descendants are his family. That is obvious. What is less obvious is why you ask questions about members of the Romanian Royal Family and not questions about the Hohenzollern Princely Family, since you use every chance that you get to denigrate the Romanian Royal Family and to mention the Hohenzollern Princely Family, even though this board is dedicated to the Romanian Royal Family (i.e. currently comprised solely of King Michael and some of his descendants). It is a very strange, nonsensical and subversive practice. I wonder what motivates you to behave in such a way. If you are truly so supportive of the Hohenzollerns, then it would behoove you to spend more time in the thread dedicated to them in the Austrian-German royals board.
__________________
Sii forte.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 08-10-2016, 10:02 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,061
A future of a Family is based on younger generations interested in continuing the mission of the older ones. It is not clear if Ms Medforth Mills is interested in continuing the mission of her two aunts that are now in Bucharest
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 08-10-2016, 10:03 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Of course King Michael's descendants are his family. That is obvious. What is less obvious is why you ask questions about members of the Romanian Royal Family and not questions about the Hohenzollern Princely Family, since you use every chance that you get to denigrate the Romanian Royal Family and to mention the Hohenzollern Princely Family, even though this board is dedicated to the Romanian Royal Family (i.e. currently comprised solely of King Michael and some of his descendants). It is a very strange, nonsensical and subversive practice. I wonder what motivates you to behave in such a way. If you are truly so supportive of the Hohenzollerns, then it would behoove you to spend more time in the thread dedicated to them in the Austrian-German royals board.
The Dynasty brought to Romania in 1866 was the Dynasty of Hohenzollern and even some of the King Mihai's daughters were born with this official Surname.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 08-10-2016, 10:08 PM
Cris M's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Niterói, Brazil
Posts: 847
If Karina isn't interested in continuing the work of her aunts, then there's Elisabeta-Maria, or Nicholas, if he's restored to line of succession. If Elisabeta-Maria isn't interested as well and Nicholas isn't restored, then it's all over after the deaths of Crown Princess Margareta and her sisters.

Personally, I have a hard time imagining any of the Hohenzollerns moving to Bucharest to cotinue the work of the Crown Princess, Prince Radu and Princess Maria. And even if they do, it wouldn't look very genuine, to me at least. Especially now that money from the Government may be on the cards.
__________________
“If a thousand thrones I had, I would give a thousand thrones to get the slaves free in Brazil."

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 08-10-2016, 10:09 PM
duke of poliganc's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: cairo, Egypt
Posts: 289
i guess the fact that she is a private person and we actually don't know a lot about her is because she wasn't in the line of succession till 2007 and wasn't supposed to succeed till last year it's very understandable that we don't know a lot about her now we know as much as we knew about her brother in 2007 and actually i think in the near future we gonna no more about here
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 08-10-2016, 10:12 PM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,515
Elisabeta-Karina De Roumanie Medforth-Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
The Dynasty brought to Romania in 1866 was the Dynasty of Hohenzollern and even some of the King Mihai's daughters were born with this official Surname.

I am well aware from which German family the Romanian Royal house descends.

Tell me which of HM' daughters were born with "Hohenzollern" as a surname?

Also, you did not respond to my comments or my queries to you in that post.
__________________
Sii forte.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 08-10-2016, 10:15 PM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,515
Elisabeta-Karina De Roumanie Medforth-Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
i guess the fact that she is a private person and we actually don't know a lot about here is the fact that she wasn't in the line of succession till 2007 and wasn't supposed to succeed till last year it's very understandable that we don't know a lot about her now we know as much as we knew about her brother in 2007 and actually i think in the near future we gonna no more about here

Actually, more was known about her brother, as the King had since the 1990s (whether on TV or in print) talked about the possibility of Nicholas being a successor to either the King or Margarita.

Because of this the family did allow for more information about Nicholas to be available in Romania.
__________________
Sii forte.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 08-10-2016, 10:16 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
I am well aware from which German family the Romanian Royal house descends.

Tell me which of HM' daughters were born with "Hohenzollern" as a surname?

Also, you did not respond to my comments or my queries to you in that post.
Princess Margareta herself.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 08-10-2016, 10:18 PM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Princess Margareta herself.

What is your source?

Was she the only of the five Princesses to have Hohenzollern as their surname?

Are you sure her surname was not "de Roumanie"? That is how she was registered when she attended the University of Edinburgh.
__________________
Sii forte.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 08-10-2016, 10:19 PM
LadyRohan's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden, Slovenia
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
But she is on a list for the headship of her Family. She is less private if we consider this detail.
No, that detail does not make her less private, and placing her in a proposed line of succession to a throne does not mean she will head the Royal Family. The headship of the family will be decided in due course, and is not on the agenda right now.
__________________
"He who has never failed to reach perfection, has a right to be the harshest critic" - Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 08-10-2016, 10:20 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
I am well aware from which German family the Romanian Royal house descends.

Tell me which of HM' daughters were born with "Hohenzollern" as a surname?

Also, you did not respond to my comments or my queries to you in that post.
The fact of supporting the Hohenzollerns and their right to Succession does not mean we can't be interested in the King's Family too. If somebody respects the Constitution of 1923 and does not accept changes made during a republucan regime this does not mean anything extraordinary.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 08-10-2016, 10:23 PM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,515
Elisabeta-Karina De Roumanie Medforth-Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
The fact of supporting the Hohenzollerns and their right to Succession does not mean we can't be interested in the King's Family too. If somebody respects the Constitution of 1923 and does not accept changes made during a republucan regime this does not mean anything extraordinary.
Why then in 2007 did you choose to disrespect the Constitution of 1923 by accepting and embracing the Fundamental Rules of the Royal Family of Romania?
__________________
Sii forte.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 08-10-2016, 10:23 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
If Karina isn't interested in continuing the work of her aunts, then there's Elisabeta-Maria, or Nicholas, if he's restored to line of succession. If Elisabeta-Maria isn't interested as well and Nicholas isn't restored, then it's all over after the deaths of Crown Princess Margareta and her sisters.

Personally, I have a hard time imagining any of the Hohenzollerns moving to Bucharest to cotinue the work of the Crown Princess, Prince Radu and Princess Maria. And even if they do, it wouldn't look very genuine, to me at least. Especially now that money from the Government may be on the cards.
If Ms Medforth Mills were not be interested to continue the mission of her two aunts in Bucharest it would be the 4th grandchild of the King that was in the line wanted by the Family that won't be envolved anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 08-10-2016, 10:26 PM
Cris M's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Niterói, Brazil
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
If Ms Medforth Mills were not be interested to continue the mission of her two aunts in Bucharest it would be the 4th grandchild of the King that was in the line wanted by the Family that won't be envolved anymore.
I'm glad someone is keeping tabs.
__________________

__________________
“If a thousand thrones I had, I would give a thousand thrones to get the slaves free in Brazil."

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece haakon kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles prince oscar princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess stéphanie's daytime outfits queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 sheikh hamdan bin mohammed state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises