Death & Funeral of Her Majesty, Queen Anne of Romania - 01 August 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
God rest her Soul, and give succour to those that loved her.

Terrible news. May Her Majesty rest in peace, and God give comfort to her family and loved ones. I'll be praying for the Royal Family.

I'm afraid the King won't last much long now. It must be devastating to lose a partner of 68 years, and His Majesty's health was already in decline. :sad:

May she rest in peace.

I think The Duke of Edinburgh and Queen Anne are second cousins.

Philip is related to both her and Michael, who met during his wedding. Anne's mother was a granddaughter of Christian IX of Denmark via his son Valdemar. Philip's father Andrew was a grandson of Christian via his son George I. Michael's mother Helen and Philip were 1st cousins, Helen's father Constantine was Andrew's older brother.

May she rest in peace. Condolences to Michael and the family. :flowers:

what an interesting life that of queen anne must have been.

Does anyone know if the queens brother Prince Michel of Bourbon-Parma is in good health?

Philip is related to both her and Michael, who met during his wedding. Anne's mother was a granddaughter of Christian IX of Denmark via his son Valdemar. Philip's father Andrew was a grandson of Christian via his son George I. Michael's mother Helen and Philip were 1st cousins, Helen's father Constantine was Andrew's older brother.

May she rest in peace. Condolences to Michael and the family. :flowers:

They met in London not at the wedding, as Anne was not at a guest at the wedding

Does anyone know if the queens brother Prince Michel of Bourbon-Parma is in good health?

One presumes Michel is also in frail health.

He was not with his wife when she attended the 20 June memorial mass for her first husband, Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia, who was a good friend of Prince Michel.

They met in London not at the wedding, as Anne was not at a guest at the wedding

During the wedding, as in events for it. Anne was meant to be in London at the wedding but knew it was a set up. Instead she went with her cousin GD Jean (than only prince).She 1st saw him with her parents who she visited. She met Michael later at a party at the Lux embassy the night of the wedding.

Well that is sad, but a great life well lived! RIP

During the wedding, as in events for it. Anne was meant to be in London at the wedding but knew it was a set up. Instead she went with her cousin GD Jean (than only prince).She 1st saw him with her parents who she visited. She met Michael later at a party at the Lux embassy the night of the wedding.

According to Anne's memoirs, she writes that her parents were invited to the wedding, but they wanted her to come to London as well. Anne writes that she would be able to meet Michael in an official setting in LOndon. The original reports had Michael coming by train, and if Anne remained in Paris, she would not have been able to meet him without her parents. Michael flew his own plane. Anne was already interested in meeting Michael .. she writes that she found out about the change in Michael's travel plans "by great discretion and cunning." Once she realized that she could not see him at the Paris train station, she was "quite happy" to go with her parents to LOndon. Yes. the meeting took place at the Luxembourg embassy the night before ... but far too many people think that the King and Queen met at the wedding. They didn't. Michael was invited. Anne did not receive an invite.

Respectful condolences to the Royal Family of Romania and to the people of Romania.
May she rest in peace.

According to Anne's memoirs, she writes that her parents were invited to the wedding, but they wanted her to come to London as well. Anne writes that she would be able to meet Michael in an official setting in LOndon. The original reports had Michael coming by train, and if Anne remained in Paris, she would not have been able to meet him without her parents. Michael flew his own plane. Anne was already interested in meeting Michael .. she writes that she found out about the change in Michael's travel plans "by great discretion and cunning." Once she realized that she could not see him at the Paris train station, she was "quite happy" to go with her parents to LOndon. Yes. the meeting took place at the Luxembourg embassy the night before ... but far too many people think that the King and Queen met at the wedding. They didn't. Michael was invited. Anne did not receive an invite.

Thank you for making me repeat 3 times:bang: I at no single point said they met at the wedding. Simply they were both in London because of it, and met at an event hosted during the wedding events (the party at the embassy being held for foreign guests). Hopefully a 2nd clarification stops the need of further accusations of me being wrong.:ermm:

Thank you for making me repeat 3 times:bang: I at no single point said they met at the wedding. Simply they were both in London because of it, and met at an event hosted during the wedding events (the party at the embassy being held for foreign guests). Hopefully a 2nd clarification stops the need of further accusations of me being wrong.:ermm:

I don't think Marlene was trying to make you explain yourself a third time, but rather taking your words as a reading to share with us a very interesting story about the late Queen.

I don't think Marlene was trying to make you explain yourself a third time, but rather taking your words as a reading to share with us a very interesting story about the late Queen.

All I said is far too many people think they met at the wedding ...

MarleneKoenig: Thank for an interesting little story. They seemed like a good "match" and I am glad to think that they had good things in their lives, even though much suffering.

Back
Top Bottom