The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Romania

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #361  
Old 08-12-2016, 05:32 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I think we need to know how close and/or intensive the relations were between aunt Anne and her De Bourbon de Parme nephews, nieces and cousins. The reaction of the Duke of Parma that Anne was "a dear/darling aunt" and that she "meant a lot to his family" seems to indicate that they indeed had contacts. But of course maybe the contacts were more frequent to the one than to the other in that very extended family.
The Duke of Parma is the Queen Ana's nephew from a cousin. We speak about the descendants of her brothers that live in France.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #362  
Old 08-12-2016, 06:59 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 15,815
Some photos from the lying in State at the Palace

Getty

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/...LS&sort=newest

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial
__________________

__________________
20th of December 1963,Birth of The Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo
Reply With Quote
  #363  
Old 08-12-2016, 08:57 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,920
I think there will be more Bourbon-Parmas than only the Duke of Parma and Archduchess Marie-Astrid. There are still a few alive closely related to Queen Anne's generation:

Siblings
le prince Michel de Bourbon de Parme
la princesse Michel de Bourbon de Parme née princesse Maria Pia di Savoia
la princesse-douairière André de Bourbon de Parme née Marina Gacry

Nephews and nieces
la princesse-douairière Edouard de Lobkowicz née princesse Marie-Françoise de Bourbon de Parme
la princesse Marie-Thérèse de Bourbon de Parme
la princesse Marie-Cécile de Bourbon de Parme
la princesse Marie-des-Neiges de Bourbon de Parme
le prince Sixte-Henri de Bourbon de Parme
le grand-duc Jean de Luxembourg
le comtesse-douairière Knud af Holstein-Ledreborg née princesse Marie-Gabrielle de Luxembourg
la princesse-douairière Antoine de Ligne née princesse Alix de Luxembourg
le prince Rémy de Bourbon de Parme
la princesse Rémy de Bourbon de Parme née Élisabeth Tardif
la princesse Chantal de Bourbon de Parme, madame François-Henri des Georges
monsieur François-Henri des Georges
le prince Jean de Bourbon de Parme
la princesse Diane de Bourbon de Parme, madame Hans Joachim Oehmichen était marié le prince Franz von Hohenzollern
monsieur Hans Joachim Oehmichen
Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old 08-12-2016, 11:44 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,061
Any of them announced they would attend?
Reply With Quote
  #366  
Old 08-12-2016, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,061
Who attended the Requiem Mass at the Roman Catholic Cathedral in Bucuarest? Which members of the Family or foreign Royals?
Reply With Quote
  #367  
Old 08-12-2016, 12:22 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Alexandria, VA, United States
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I think there will be more Bourbon-Parmas than only the Duke of Parma and Archduchess Marie-Astrid. There are still a few alive closely related to Queen Anne's generation:

Siblings
le prince Michel de Bourbon de Parme
la princesse Michel de Bourbon de Parme née princesse Maria Pia di Savoia
la princesse-douairière André de Bourbon de Parme née Marina Gacry

Nephews and nieces
la princesse-douairière Edouard de Lobkowicz née princesse Marie-Françoise de Bourbon de Parme
la princesse Marie-Thérèse de Bourbon de Parme
la princesse Marie-Cécile de Bourbon de Parme
la princesse Marie-des-Neiges de Bourbon de Parme
le prince Sixte-Henri de Bourbon de Parme
le grand-duc Jean de Luxembourg
le comtesse-douairière Knud af Holstein-Ledreborg née princesse Marie-Gabrielle de Luxembourg
la princesse-douairière Antoine de Ligne née princesse Alix de Luxembourg
le prince Rémy de Bourbon de Parme
la princesse Rémy de Bourbon de Parme née Élisabeth Tardif
la princesse Chantal de Bourbon de Parme, madame François-Henri des Georges
monsieur François-Henri des Georges
le prince Jean de Bourbon de Parme
la princesse Diane de Bourbon de Parme, madame Hans Joachim Oehmichen était marié le prince Franz von Hohenzollern
monsieur Hans Joachim Oehmichen

Being related does not mean they will attend.
Reply With Quote
  #368  
Old 08-12-2016, 12:58 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,061
The Requiem Mass for the late Queen was not live at the Romanian Televisions.
Reply With Quote
  #369  
Old 08-12-2016, 01:46 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleneKoenig View Post
Being related does not mean they will attend.
That is true but come on... siblings, nephews and nieces... I am aware some of them are very frail: Prince Michael, Grand-Duke Jean but there are also persons very well able to pay last respects to heir very own sister(-in-law) and aunt. Or is the family só dysfunctional or somerhing? Imagine that grandchildren, nephews and nieces simply stay away from any other funeral?

It is also possible the late Queen has left instructions to keep it small. For so far I am pretty confused by the mixed signals: great honour by the republican states of Romania and Moldova. Reluctance and invisibility from the related royal families. We will see how the funeral will unfold.
Reply With Quote
  #370  
Old 08-12-2016, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleneKoenig View Post
Your statement about the British royals is largely inaccurate. Fabiola's funeral was a rare occasion when the British sovereign sent the Ambassador to represent her There were no Brits at Queen Margrethe's birthday last year because she invited ONLY fellow sovereigns - and Queen Elizabeth II sent her regrets -- she was nearly 90. Philip was going to the 70th bday, but the volcano changed plans. However, there have been reps at the royal weddings. However, invitations to royal events are not always sent to every royal house. It is not required. Anne was never the queen consort of a sovereign nation. Charles is very close to Margarita, but British protocol is different. The British embassy sent out an announcement saying that the queen would be represented as would Charles ... Charles does not usually have a separate rep at major royal events. However, he owns property and is close to Margarita. She knows he would not have been able to come. In terms of protocol, Anne is not entitled to same representation if she were the consort of a reigning monarch. Michael might get more, because he was a reigning monarch. I am surprised that Crown Prince Alexander is not going ... that is the one that surprises me.

Well, sending an ambassador is not the same like sending a son, a grandson or a cousin, you know!
I didn´t say it is right or wrong of the BRF to attend or not! All I said was that I didn´t expect somebody of them to attend anyway!
I´m sure if Charles really WANTED to come he would have. Funerals are always more or less unexpected and if a royal head of state would have died, Charles or another member of the BRF would have attended, no matter if he/ she had the time to go or not!
I remember the wedding of CP Haakon back in 2001. The Pr of Wales attended the religious ceremony and off he went as soon as it was over (yes, I know, Edward and Sophie stayed for the ball. But still there always remains the feeling that their attendance is an obligation, not that it is something important to them personally).
CP Alexander not going is your only surprise? Come on, Queen Sophia spent so much time together with this couple in her youth, she was one of the most distinguished guests at the King´s 90th birthday. They were so closely connected in their younger years, shared so many emotional family occasions I find hard to understand why someone just skips the last good byes to someone so close!
Reply With Quote
  #371  
Old 08-12-2016, 02:18 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,632
It is pretty much a given that each and every person acts and reacts to a death in the family in different ways. I don't believe that showing up at the public funeral events constitutes respect for the deceased. It is a time for whomever feels that is where they want to be, to come together and remember and honor the person that has passed on.

It is just as valid to perhaps plant a tree in their memory or to make a donation to a favorite charity and also just as valid that even with blood ties, the relationship with the deceased was as a stranger they may have met once or twice in a lifetime and a person feels hypocritical attending a funeral, wearing black and putting on an air of loss when there really wasn't one there to begin with.

We can't really judge what a person feels or doesn't feel as we're not them.
__________________
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Reply With Quote
  #372  
Old 08-12-2016, 02:23 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 4,925
Mourners At the Royal Palace in Bucharest | The Royal Forums
__________________
JACK
Reply With Quote
  #373  
Old 08-12-2016, 02:26 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Alexandria, VA, United States
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
The Duke of Parma is the Queen Ana's nephew from a cousin. We speak about the descendants of her brothers that live in France.
A nephew is the child of a brother or a sister, not a cousin .., they are kinsman , but he may have called her aunt
Reply With Quote
  #374  
Old 08-12-2016, 02:36 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Alexandria, VA, United States
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Well, sending an ambassador is not the same like sending a son, a grandson or a cousin, you know!
I didn´t say it is right or wrong of the BRF to attend or not! All I said was that I didn´t expect somebody of them to attend anyway!
I´m sure if Charles really WANTED to come he would have. Funerals are always more or less unexpected and if a royal head of state would have died, Charles or another member of the BRF would have attended, no matter if he/ she had the time to go or not!
I remember the wedding of CP Haakon back in 2001. The Pr of Wales attended the religious ceremony and off he went as soon as it was over (yes, I know, Edward and Sophie stayed for the ball. But still there always remains the feeling that their attendance is an obligation, not that it is something important to them personally).
CP Alexander not going is your only surprise? Come on, Queen Sophia spent so much time together with this couple in her youth, she was one of the most distinguished guests at the King´s 90th birthday. They were so closely connected in their younger years, shared so many emotional family occasions I find hard to understand why someone just skips the last good byes to someone so close!
A lot has to do with protocol. This is not the funeral of a a consort of a monarch. The British embassy sent out a release stating that the queen and Charles would be represented. The Foreign Advises on such matters. Please note that apart from Lorenz of Belgium and Marie Astrid, there are no reigning royals there. The only reason Lorenz is there is that he is a member of the Crown Council. he is not representing the King. No one is representing Margrethe or Sweden (who were supposed to attend the 90th birthday, but had to cancel at the last minute.) Alexander and Katherine arrived late from the USA -- I was coming down the elevator in my gown to wait with other guests for our shuttles, and they were just arriving ..Royal Musings: More photos from Bucharest includes a photo of the Queen and I at breakfast
Reply With Quote
  #375  
Old 08-12-2016, 05:13 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Alexandria, VA, United States
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
That is true but come on... siblings, nephews and nieces... I am aware some of them are very frail: Prince Michael, Grand-Duke Jean but there are also persons very well able to pay last respects to heir very own sister(-in-law) and aunt. Or is the family só dysfunctional or somerhing? Imagine that grandchildren, nephews and nieces simply stay away from any other funeral?

It is also possible the late Queen has left instructions to keep it small. For so far I am pretty confused by the mixed signals: great honour by the republican states of Romania and Moldova. Reluctance and invisibility from the related royal families. We will see how the funeral will unfold.
No nieces or nephews will be attending
Reply With Quote
  #376  
Old 08-12-2016, 07:35 PM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,515




__________________
Sii forte.
Reply With Quote
  #377  
Old 08-12-2016, 09:08 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
About what?, that the Romanians have been rejected by reigning European royals.
That probably all that happened in the last years in the King's Family was not fully appreciated by many royal relatives around Europe.
Reply With Quote
  #378  
Old 08-12-2016, 09:27 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,406
Really? Because they tend to be invited to plenty of events. Not seeing much of them in past few years is more about health than not being appreciated. Margareta and Radu have gone in their place the last few years. Michael attended Will/Kate wedding, Anne was unable. Margareta went to Victoria and Guillaume's, Nicholas was invited to Amedeo's.In 2008 when they celebrated diamond anniversary, Greek, Spanish, Bulgarian, Yugoslavian, German and Lux royals came.
Reply With Quote
  #379  
Old 08-12-2016, 09:42 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
That probably all that happened in the last years in the King's Family was not fully appreciated by many royal relatives around Europe.
That opinion should be based solely on what the public is informed about and is in the public domain of relationships between European royalty. In actuality, we have no clue whatsoever about what the relationships and communications between these personages are like in private life.

For all we know, some of them could have been calling daily to inquire how both the King and Queen's health was and are sending personal condolences to King Michael privately.
__________________
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Reply With Quote
  #380  
Old 08-12-2016, 09:46 PM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,515
Royal funeral for Romania's uncrowned Queen Anne - BBC News

https://www.nineoclock.ro/queen-anne...uard-the-bier/





The Romanian TV will begin broadcasting the funeral starting around 10:00am Bucharest time.
__________________

__________________
Sii forte.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Death and Funeral of Countess Anne-Dorte of Rosenborg: January 2 and 9, 2014 Viv Royal House of Denmark 39 01-16-2014 04:12 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit september catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria's maternity fashion current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece jubilee celebration kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction military monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania style royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises