Crown Princess Margarita and Prince Radu news and current events part 2 (2016-)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the name 'King Michael the Steadfast and Just' used before or did Margareta make that up?

She is working hard to paint a picture of her father as a Saint.

Christmas Greetings from my Romanian Friends. They don't agree with the huge amount their poor Country paid for an ex Royal 's Funerals.

PM Tudose is making a stand, understandable to some and distasteful to others, but this is still an issue that there is movement on and that I am quite convinced will be resolved one way or the other.
I am quite sure nobody needs reminding that Romania isn't a monarchy today. His words should be read as a statement of yet another unstable government trying to keep their backs clean when the law eventually passes and they can say that they did, in the process leading up to it, make clear what the bounds and expectations were of the Royal Family.

Christmas Greetings from my Romanian Friends. They don't agree with the huge amount their poor Country paid for an ex Royal 's Funerals.

They must be an exception. Generally the public opinion approved national funeral for the late King.

I really don't get why politicians are so afraid of popular deposed royals in their country. In the case of the Romanian gov't, they do realize that the RF is practically functioning like a monarchy would, just without the extensive funding and name. The only thing they aren't doing is opening Parliament, hosting state banquets, and attending all state occasions. I think these politicians think that to restore the monarchy, you have to make it an absolute monarchy, which is not true. There are several popular monarchies where the monarch has no political role (Sweden, Japan). If they did their research, I think they would be more open to the idea and the income it can bring for the country.

I really don't get why politicians are so afraid of popular deposed royals in their country. In the case of the Romanian gov't, they do realize that the RF is practically functioning like a monarchy would, just without the extensive funding and name. The only thing they aren't doing is opening Parliament, hosting state banquets, and attending all state occasions. I think these politicians think that to restore the monarchy, you have to make it an absolute monarchy, which is not true. There are several popular monarchies where the monarch has no political role (Sweden, Japan). If they did their research, I think they would be more open to the idea and the income it can bring for the country.

Would the United States fund a palace, a staff of 20, an annual Budget, facilitary assistance from the State and by the Armed Forces to Mrs Marc Mezvinsky née Clinton, the daughter of a former head of state? That is essentially what happens in Romania. It is not so strange that there is controverse about it.

Romania is a republic but, when this plan goes on, will treat it's citizens differently. One of their citizens, the Swiss-born Mrs Radu Duda née Von Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen will then receive from the republican State what the lady in supermarket next street can only dream about. It is not so strange that there are politicians against it, if not because of ideology, then because of principle.

Last edited:
Would the United States fund a palace, a staff of 20, an annual Budget, facilitary assistance from the State and by the Armed Forces to Malia Obama, the daughter of a former head of state? That is essentially what happens in Romania. It is not so strange that there is controverse about it.

Romania is a republic but, when this plan goes on, will treat it's citizens differently. One of their citizens, the Swiss-born Mrs Radu Duda née Margareta Prinzessin von Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen then receives from the republican State what the lady in supermarket next streets does not receive.

There is no such a person with a Surname like this.
Certainly the King's Family have properties and they do not need anything from the state.

Would the United States fund a palace, a staff of 20, an annual Budget, facilitary assistance from the State and by the Armed Forces to Malia Obama, the daughter of a former head of state? That is essentially what happens in Romania. It is not so strange that there is controverse about it.

Romania is a republic but, when this plan goes on, will treat it's citizens differently. One of their citizens, the Swiss-born Mrs Radu Duda née Margareta Prinzessin von Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen then receives from the republican State what the lady in supermarket next streets does not receive.

I guess I didn't make it clear, I meant if the monarchy was restored.

If the Monarchy will be restored the first thing will be to see if the Hohenzollerns still want the Throne and only if they do not want it speak about the descendants of the late King.

The monarchy will never be restored. The former royal family realizes this. Princess Margareta and her husband Radu Duda hope that this Bill, which gives said arrangement to the former royal family, will give them the opportunity to have a meaningful role in Romania. That is almost as close as they get to today's monarchies in Europe.

Not only Sweden and Japan have ceremonial monarchs. All monarchs have a 99% ceremonial role. Using that 1% (for an example a refusal to sign a Bill) immediately leads to a constitutional crisis because the unelected head-of-state refuses to finalize legislation which has seen all the stages of the legislative process and voted for by an elected Parliament. Elizabeth II has as much (or as little) wriggle room as Carl XVI Gustaf. She even can not decide if Trump will be invited or not and has to stay in "her" house or not.

Last edited:
The monarchy will never be restored. The former royal family realizes this. Princess Margareta and her husband Radu Duda hope that this Bill, which gives said arrangement to the former royal family, will give them the opportunity to have a meaningful role in Romania. That is almost as close as they get to today's monarchies in Europe.

Not only Sweden and Japan have ceremonial monarchs. All monarchs have a 99% ceremonial role. Using that 1% (for an example a refusal to sign a Bill) immediately leads to a constitutional crisis because the unelected head-of-state refuses to finalize legislation which has seen all the stages of the legislative process and voted for by an elected Parliament. Elizabeth II has as much (or as little) wriggle room as Carl XVI Gustaf. She even can not decide if Trump will be invited or not and has to stay in "her" house or not.

How can you be so sure Monarchy won't be restored?What gives you a certainty about this?
It is not easy but there are Romanians who support the Monarchy.

How can you be so sure Monarchy won't be restored?What gives you a certainty about this?
It is not easy but there are Romanians who support the Monarchy.

"There are Romanians who support the Monarchy" is not enough to cause a seismic shift from a republican state to a hereditary monarchy. Even Spain would not have been a monarchy today, was it not that Dictator Franciso Franco simply designated Don Juan Carlos as his Heir.

Truth is that monarchies only have a chance with the support of a strongman, ignoring the masses. A Putin. An Erdogan. It is impossible that the Italian Republic, or the Greek Republic, will voluntarily return to a hereditary monarchy. This arrangement is the best Margareta can get. A once in a lifetime chance. For a semi-recognized royal status in republican Romania.

"There are Romanians who support the Monarchy" is not enough to cause a seismic shift from a republican state to a hereditary monarchy. Even Spain would not have been a monarchy today, was it not that Dictator Franciso Franco simply designated Don Juan Carlos as his Heir.

Truth is that monarchies only have a chance with the support of a strongman, ignoring the masses. A Putin. An Erdogan. It is impossible that the Italian Republic, or the Greek Republic, will voluntarily return to a hereditary monarchy. This arrangement is the best Margareta can get. A once in a lifetime chance. For a semi-recognized royal status in republican Romania.

The word "arrangement" is right and it's only for the benefit of a family and not for the Monarchy.

:previous: Yes, I would have to agree. The public banishments, disinheritances, calling the police, etc. all tended to make people look at the King with new eyes and his "heir" and her husband with a lot less respect and a lot more caution.

It seemed to be more about power than monarchy which is why I think Nicholas fell foul of TPTB. Popularity is a threat and the government has seen exactly that,

:previous: Yes, I would have to agree. The public banishments, disinheritances, calling the police, etc. all tended to make people look at the King with new eyes and his "heir" and her husband with a lot less respect and a lot more caution.

It seemed to be more about power than monarchy which is why I think Nicholas fell foul of TPTB. Popularity is a threat and the government has seen exactly that,

The people is wiser than some can think. The way some of the Family and their entourage acted in the last few years has nothing to do with the ideals expressed by the King before.

Are you speaking about HRH Prince Lorenz of Habsbourg-Este, Prince of Belgium?

Prince Lorenz is a member of the Royal Council of the Royal Family of Romania.

That does not mean he belongs to the Family or to the staff.

That does not mean he belongs to the Family or to the staff.

Prince Lorenz is actually pretty closely related to the Romanian Royal Family, he is the second cousin of Crown Princess Margareta and her sisters as his father and Queen Anne were first cousins, whose mother (Empress Zita née Princess Zita of Bourbon-Parma) and father Prince Rene were siblings

Most of the family seem to have had a bit of a brush up in the last decade. I wonder if it's a case of "folleting"? (Something Margareta could have picked up from Gordon Brown perhaps? ;)). The Labour Party in the UK sent their female MPs and candidates for makeovers before the 1997 election. Women with brown hair were told what colours to avoid, women with red hair were told what colours to wear, short women were told to avoid skirts, tall women were told to wear only trousers. The rules were set by a lady called Barbara Follet and the process became known as 'Folleting'. It proved successful enough to deliver "Blair's Babes" in 1997 and other institutions have since used the same process to prepare someone for increased media appearances or interest.

I could be barking up the wrong tree of course but certainly there's no doubt that collectively the ladies of the Royal Family seem to have all gotten a little smarter and more polished.

Yes that's quite true, obviously with time aswell but with the Romanian Princesses it was a little late, seeing old pictures of the Romanian Princesses I feel that it had only been Princess Irina and Princess Sophia who were quite fashionable

Prince Lorenz is actually pretty closely related to the Romanian Royal Family, he is the second cousin of Crown Princess Margareta and her sisters as his father and Queen Anne were first cousins, whose mother (Empress Zita née Princess Zita of Bourbon-Parma) and father Prince Rene were siblings

To be related does not mean to be a member of the Family.

To be related does not mean to be a member of the Family.

That I clearly know, I was expanding on the close proximity of the Romanian Royal Family and the Austrian Imperial Royal Family

That I clearly know, I was expanding on the close proximity of the Romanian Royal Family and the Austrian Imperial Royal Family

I wonder how many Romanians see a Habsburg in a Council of the late King of Romania.

Last edited:
"Today, on Sunday, January 14, forty days have passed since King Mihai I's eternal passage. During the morning, at Elisabeta Palace, the tricolor flag that stood forty days was replaced with the Royal Stallion. This flag indicates that its Majesty Margareta, Crown Custodians, is in residence. The banner in the picture is flying over Elisabeta Palace, Peles Castle or Savarsin Castle when Her Majesty is in those buildings. In the absence of His Majesty in royal residences, the banner is replaced by the tricolor flag. This model for the sovereign was established in 1922 and was used by King Ferdinand I, King Carol II and King Mihai."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd7mik3lgkA/?taken-by=familiaregalaaromaniei

Last edited:
"Today, on Sunday, January 14, forty days have passed since King Mihai I's eternal passage. During the morning, at Elisabeta Palace, the tricolor flag that stood forty days was replaced with the Royal Stallion. This flag indicates that its Majesty Margareta, Crown Custodians, is in residence. The banner in the picture is flying over Elisabeta Palace, Peles Castle or Savarsin Castle when Her Majesty is in those buildings. In the absence of His Majesty in royal residences, the banner is replaced by the tricolor flag. This model for the sovereign was established in 1922 and was used by King Ferdinand I, King Carol II and King Mihai."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd7mik3lgkA/?taken-by=familiaregalaaromaniei

Ignoring the Constitution of 1923, inventing titles but taking into account ideas from 1922 used for Kings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom