90th Birthday Celebrations of HM King Michael (25 October 2011)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
90th Birthday Celebrations of HM King Michael

RomaniaQueenHelenMichael250.jpg
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
RomaniaArms250.jpg
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
RomaniaKingMichaelI250.jpg

25 October 2011

:romaniastandard:

Last edited:
Will this end up happening? It's a nice tribute to the King.

Last edited by a moderator:
New change of situation:ex prime minister Calin Popescu Tariceanu (liberal from PNL) asked a vote in the Parliament on the issue of the invitation to the Kinfg.With majority there was YES. So HM King Michael I will speak to the Parliament on his birthay.

Solemn Parliament sitting on King Mihai

That's pleasing and good that he has some support amongst politicians

That's really impressive. I don't know how outside speakers address the US Congress, but it's rare when it happens. I can't think of a former US President who has addressed Congress- and even the current one got rejected from one demand that he made to give a speech recently.

HM King Mihai I is very loved by the majority of the Romanians.

90th Birthday Celebrations of HM King Mihai I (2011)

This year HM King Mihai I is 90 and different events have already been organized in May.The most important moments will be however on the 24th and 25th of October.

On the 24th of October the Romanian Royal Family and different important guests from European Royal Families will have an official lunch at the National Bank of Romania.

In the evening of the 24th of October there will be a concert at the Romanian Ateneum organized by the Foundation "Princess Margareta of Romania".

In the morning of the 25th of October HM King Mihai I will deliver a speech to the nation in front of the Parliament in a solem session .

In the evening of the 25th of October the Romanian Royal Family and its guests will participate at a gala concert at the National Opera in Bucharest.

Last edited:
Will any of other royal guests supposed to attend the celebration of the king's birthday?

It has been already announced different members of the European Royal Families will take part of the celebrations dedicated to Hm King Mihai I on the 24th and 25th of October.

Yes, but which members or is that not announced?

The list will be published maybe only those days.

On the evening of the 24th of october at 6 p.m. there will be a concert at the Atheneum in Bucharest organized by the foundation "Princess Margareta of Romania" in honour of HM King Mihai I's birthday.Besides The Romanian Sovereign from the Romanian Royal Family will participate Crown Princess Margareta, Prince Radu,Princess Elena, Prince Nicolae, Princess Irina, Princess Mary.Karina of Romania will be present too.Many important guest from Romania and abroad will be at this event.

Concert la Ateneu, de ziua Regelui « Romania. Altfel

Monday (the 3rd of October ) HRH Crown Princess Margareta and HRH Prince Radu will participate at the presentation of the Giubilee Medal made by the National Bank of Romania in honour of the 90 years of HM King Mihai I:

Familia Regala - Activitati curente

Today HRH Crown Princess Margareta and Prince Radu are in Arad (at 2 p.m.at Atrium Center ) and in Timisoara (at 4.30 p.m. at "Carturesti" bookshop ) to launch the CD with "King's Music" in honour of the Jubilee of the 90 years of HM King Mihai I :

“Muzica Regelui”, la Arad.

It's really lovely that His Majesty's birthday is being celebrated in this way.

I wonder which royals will attend, and if any of the events will be white tie? I would assume if there is a white tie event that it would be on the evening of the 25th. It would be nice to see the Queen attend these events also, as we don't see much of her these days.

The events dedicated to the 90th Anniversary of HM King Mihai I:

Programul s

Thanks for the updates Cory!
Let´s see who will attend from the foreign Royalty. Hopefully the reigning monarchies send someone.

Wonderful exhibition at Peles Castle dedicated to the life of HM King Mihai I ( the exhibition will be opened Friday, the 21st of October, in the presence of HRH Prince Nicolae):

Regele Mihai I | 90 de ani on Vimeo

Pro Tv announces the events dedicated to the Royal Jubilee:

Aniversare cu mare fast in familia regala a Romaniei. Regele Mihai implineste 90 de ani www.stirileprotv.ro

Launching the new book "The King's Year" in the presence of HRH Crown Princess Margareta, HRH Prince Radu and HRH Prince Nicolae at the national History Museum in Bucharest:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.252307381487319&type=1.

Video and photos from the National History Museum with the members of the Royal Family:

Principesa Margareta, Principele Radu si Principele Nicolae la lansarea cartii "Anul Regelui" - YouTube

http://www.princeradublog.ro/jurnal/albumul-anul-regelui-lansat-la-muzeul-național-de-istorie/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZgvHOosNnQ

Margarita didn't look happy. Has she any problems?

Margarita did look upset, and Radu and Nicolae looked awkward almost as if the thing that made her unhappy was just prior to this event and they witnessed or perhaps caused it.

Today HM King Mihai I received a delegation of the Association of the ex political prisoners and a big group of children from the Schoull "King Mihai" from Bucharest:

http://www.familiaregala.ro/news/2692/53/Activitati-jubiliare-la-Palatul-Elisabeta/

Regele Mihai, a treia zi a Jubileului 90 « Romania. Altfel

http://www.romanialibera.ro/actuali...evi-si-de-fosti-detinuti-politici-241951.html

This morning HM King Mihai I received al Elisabeta Palace a delegation of the Romanian Greek-Catholic Church (Catholic Church of Byzantine rite) leaded by Bishop Mihai Fratila ( Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Alba Iulia and Fagaras and Vicar of Bucharest):

Delega

Photos from today's audiences of HM King Mihai I of the delegation of the Greek-Catholic Church and of a delegation of the Czech Republic and from the arrival at Bucharest of the other Romanian Princesses (with the exception of Princess Sophie):

http://www.princeradublog.ro/jurnal/a-patra-zi-a-jubileului-90/

This evening HM King Mihai I had dinner at Elisabeta Palace in Bucharest with HRH Crown Princess Margareta, HRH Prince Radu, HRH Princess Elena (with her husband Mr.Nixon McAteer), HRH Prince Nicolae and his sister Karina, HRH Princess Irina (with her husband Mr.Walker) and HRH Princess Maria.It was for the first time in 14 years HM King Mihai I was together with so many members of the Royal Family.

Today will begin to arrive members of Royal Families from all over Europe but also from Asia to participate at HM King Mihai I's Jubilee.

Royal Musings: Arrived!!!!! What's today?

Special ceremonies to mark King Mihai I jubilee

The official list:

Reportedly present will be the King and Queen of Sweden, the Queen of Spain, the Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Princess Muna of Jordan, Princesses Margaret and Isabelle of Liechtenstein, the King and Queen of the Bulgarians, Grand Duchess Maria of Russia, Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia, Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie of Prussia, Princess Irene of Greece, the Prince and Princess of Savoy (presumably Amedeo and Silvia), Prince Nikola of Montenegro, as well as members of the royal families of Austria, Belgium, France, and Portugal.

Source: Ce invita

The Royal Family & Official Guest List

source: http://www.familiaregala.ro/news/2719/53/His-Majesty-the-King�-s-Ninetieth-Birthday/

Their Majesties The King and Queen
TRH Crown Princess Margarita & Prince Radu
HRH The Princess Helena & HE Mr Alexander Phillips Nixon
HRH The Princess Irina & Mr John Wesley Walker
HRH The Princess Marie
HRH Prince Nicholas
Miss Elisabeta Karina de Roumanie

[-]TM The King & Queen of Sweden[/-]
HM King Simeon of the Bulgarians
HM Queen Sophia of Spain
HRH The Grand Duke of Luxembourg
TRH Prince Guillaume & Princess Sybilla of Luxembourg
HIH Grand Duchess Maria of Russia
HIH Grand Duke Georgi of Russia
TRH Crown Prince Alexander & Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia
TRH Prince Vladimir & Princess Brigitte of Serbia
HRH Crown Prince Nicholas of Montenegro
TRH The Prince & Princess of Prussia
HRH The Markraf Max & HI&RH Margraffin Valerie von Baden
TRH The Hereditary Prince & Princess of Baden
TRH Prince Ludwig & Princess Marianne of Baden
HSH Fürst Alois Konstantin zu Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg
HSH Prince Dominic zu Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg
HSH Prince Karel Schwarzenberg
TRH The Hereditary Duke & Duchess of Württemberg
HRH Prince Ludwig of Bavaria
TRH The Duke & Duchess of Bragança
TRH The Duke & Duchess of Aosta
TI&RH Archduke Georg and Archduchess Eilika of Austria
TI&RH Archduke Martin & Archduchess Katharina of Austria
TI&RH Archduke Dominic & Archduchess Nella of Austria (Tuscany)
HI&RH Archducess Maria Magdalena of Austria (Tuscany) & Baron Hans Ulrich von Holzhausen
HRH Princess Muna of Jordan
TRH Prince Hassan & Princess Sarvath of Jordan
HRH Princess Rym of Jordan
[-]HRH Princess Irene of Greece[/-]
HRH Princess Lea of Belgium
HRH Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein
HSH Princess Isabelle of Liechtenstein
HH Princess Anne de Ligne & Charles de Fabribeckers de Cortils et Grâce
TSH Prince Wilhelm & Princess Ilona zu Schaumburg-Lippe
TSH Prince Wenceslas & Princess Armelle of Lobkowicz
HSH Princess Tatiana Radziwill & Dr John Fruchaud
Countess Madeleine Bernadotte Kogevinas