The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Bulgaria

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

No, Valentino is still alive! He is 78, but still alive...he only has retired in 2007.

Btw, this is a sad news; they seem to be a very nice couple...

Old 10-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

This is sad news to read that they have seperated, they were a perfect couple with lovely children. Everything seemed to be a fairy tale between them. I cant belive it has been 20 years, it just seems they met yesterday.
Hope things work out between them.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree, Valentino is still very much alive and I believe she was his spokesperson/muse but I do not think she was ever a model.
Still I do not believe any one takes a decision after 20 years and 3 children to separate and publicly announce it, unless they have exhausted all other avenues for a reconciliation. Too bad.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Courtier

Darn, I do hope Valentino isn't a member here!
I meant 'retired', not 'died', sorry. Corrected that in my post.

Rosario was definitely a model before her marriage to Kyrill and, at least according to this post Elsa M., the face of Valentino.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Courtier

Rosario was never a model. She's was Valentino's muse for a long time, much like Helen Taylor was to Georgio Armani.

I believe she graduated from Richmond College with a degree in Art History and worked for several galleries, including Christy's. I've read somewhere recently that she's now an art professor, but I'm not sure if that's true.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh Marsel do not worry about it. I doubt Valentino is a member here...LOL
However I highly doubt she was ever a model. She was a member of the golden, well heeled young society in Mallorca, then married her prince. She was Valentino's muse or at least one of them.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsel View Post
Yes, Rosario used to be a model before her marriage. She was the face of Valentino for several years.

Are you sure that Rosario was a model before she married? I have never heard that before, and I've been reading the Hola coverage on this couple since the time of their wedding in 1989. Rosario did become Valentino's muse after her marriage, and she does have the figure and the carriage of a model, but I don't believe that she has ever worked as one. Can anyone confirm or correct me, please?

My understanding of her professional pursuits is that she studied History of Art and worked for one of the large auction houses -- either Christie's or Sotheby's... I can't remember which one. The Royal Forums cover article today says that she currently teaches History of Art, but I hadn't heard that before.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimene View Post
Rosario was never a model. She's was Valentino's muse for a long time, much like Helen Taylor was to Georgio Armani.

I believe she graduated from Richmond College with a degree in Art History and worked for several galleries, including Christy's. I've read somewhere recently that she's now an art professor, but I'm not sure if that's true.

Thanks for confirming my recollection, Chimene. It's funny that my post was so similar to yours!
Old 10-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsel View Post
Rosario was definitely a model before her marriage to Kyrill and, at least according to this post Elsa M., the face of Valentino.

Oh, this may be a misunderstanding due to the ambiguities of language.... Saying that Rosario was the "face" of Valentino can be interpreted several ways, but in truth she was only his "muse" and not a working model. Also, Elsa M.'s post was dated 2006, so she was probably referring to the years after Rosario's marriage during which she served as the face of Valentino.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

I can see how people could mistake her for being a model because she was beautiful when she married Kyril, and still is. The separation is unfortunate but I'm really not surprised as Rosario has been looking unhappy for a while now. I kind of suspected something was wrong.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The newest pic of Princess Rosario after the news were released:

Princess Rosario and Gwyneth Paltrow attend the Frieze Art Fair,
Regent's Park, London, Britain - 14 Oct 2009

----> Pic
Old 10-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks like a deer caught at the headlights.
Hopefully they will both be happy after that and their children adjust well to the news.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:19 PM

Rosario was the "muse" of Valentino. She don´t study anything, she worked in Christies ,and she wasn´t model, now she is the girlfriend of HUgh Grant
Old 10-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Courtier

Isn't that just a rumor, though? I hope she did not leave her prince for Hugh Grant... That would be yucky...
Old 10-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh there will be girlfriends and boyfriends coming out of the woodwork probably.
I suppose Hugh Grant is making the rounds. After Jemima Khan he is being seen with Rosario...
Old 10-15-2009, 01:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Oh there will be girlfriends and boyfriends coming out of the woodwork probably.
Girlfriends? Are you suggesting she swings both ways?
Old 10-15-2009, 06:34 AM
Administrator

Ah, no, it's not all about Rosario. We seem to have forgotten that Prince Kyril is also involved in this separation.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

One more pic of Princess Rosario with Gwyneth Paltrow at Frieze Art Fair, Regent's Park, London, Britain - 14 Oct 2009
Ibl
Old 10-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post

Ah, no, it's not all about Rosario. We seem to have forgotten that Prince Kyril is also involved in this separation.
True, and I actually like them both. Since they got married really young, maybe they just want to have some "experiences" and eventually they will get back together. Wishful thinking on my part, I know.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post

Goodness, Thanks Warren. For a minute I thought I may have conveyed the wrong message........

Tags
bulgaria, king simeon, saxe-coburg-gotha, simeon