Royal Family of Bulgaria 2: March 2007- Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good new. They will follow the example of the Romanian Royal Family, and will likely become the norm for the non-reigning Royal Houses of Europe.
Actually i think different and think Prince Boris should simple use the Title he has now like it it also done by other Heads of former reigning Houses. To me it always sound strange and a bit silly to hear custodian of The Crown Margarita

Actually i think different and think Prince Boris should simple use the Title he has now like it it also done by other Heads of former reigning Houses. To me it always sound strange and a bit silly to hear custodian of The Crown Margarita

To be fair: Princess Margareta of Romania is no Custodian of the Romanian Crown by own personal choice but by the Statute of King Michael:

My eldest daughter, The Princess
Margareta, is to be my successor and
Head of the Royal House of Romania,
after my death.

If the Romanian Nation
and Parliament were to decide to
reinstate the Monarchy as the form of
government, I ask the Parliament to cease
to implement the Salic-law as the form
of succession, which does not correspond
either to the elementary rights in Europe
today, or to the values of Romanian
society.

Until these events should come
about, The Princess Margareta will
remain, after my death, Head of the Royal
House of Romania and Custodian of the
Romanian Crown.

To be fair: Princess Margareta of Romania is no Custodian of the Romanian Crown by own personal choice but by the Statute of King Michael:

after my death.

If the Romanian Nation
society.

Romanian Crown.

Maybe but she could choose either not to use that Title or change the Statute as she is now the Head of the Royal House.
But probably the Statute wad made in Consultation (and probably agreement) from her.

after my death.

If the Romanian Nation
society.

Romanian Crown.
I've personally always interpreted the title Custodian of the Crown as an acknowledgement by King Michael that Princess Margarita can't be the head of the house according to the Romanian Order of Succession. As such she can be the keeper of the Romanian royal tradition, in spite of constitutional and Hohenzollern issues, until the matter is eventually resolved by the Romanian parliament.

I've personally always interpreted the title Custodian of the Crown as an acknowledgement by King Michael that Princess Margarita can't be the head of the house according to the Romanian Order of Succession. As such she can be the keeper of the Romanian royal tradition, in spite of constitutional and Hohenzollern issues, until the matter is eventually resolved by the Romanian parliament.

But according to what was posted by Duc-et.-Pair he said that she would become head of the Royal House.

Moved to the Romanian forum:

But the house law enacted by King Michael, as originally enacted in 2007, explicitly acknowledged Margareta as number one in "The Line of Succession to the Throne and to the Headship of the Royal House of Romania":

ANNEX I

[...]

A. The Line of Succession to the Throne and to the Headship of the Royal House of Romania is hereby set out.

1. HRH Crown Princess Margarita of Romania, Custodian of the Crown of Romania

[...]

And according to the same house law, the Head automatically assumes the style ("title" is used in the original Romanian) of Queen or King (not Princess or Prince), whether or not they choose to use it.

2) The Head of the Royal House of Romania, by all common practice and convention, is de jure or de facto Sovereign in terms of their authority over the Royal House of Romania, at any time. Immediately upon the death of the Head of the Royal House of Romania, without further proclamation, the Heir Apparent or Heir Presumptive, whichever shall be living and first in the line to the succession at that moment in time, shall from that moment assume the rank or style King or Queen, regardless of the Family's position as a reigning or non-reigning Dynasty and regardless of the fact that they may or may not later choose against the use of such style or designation.​

https://coronanachrichten.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/p0002_fundamentalrules.pdf

With thanks to Duc_et_Pair for posting the official English translation.

Princess Kalina acts as hostess in the recordings that Kitín Muñoz is making in Bulgaria together with BNT and UNESCO

"Vanitatis has had exclusive access to these images of the documentary that Kalina from Bulgaria is recording with her husband, Kitín Muñoz, in her country of origin. A project sponsored by the Bulgarian national television BNT and UNESCO, which aims to promote the Bulgarian cultural heritage throughout the world. It is a series of 17 videos, and is written and directed by Kitín Muñoz, UNESCO goodwill ambassador."

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...lina-bulgaria-documental-kitin-munoz_3427200/

This sentence (from royalmusings) seems to suggest that there wouldn't be anything to hinder/prevent a religious wedding, so the most likely reason that they will only have a civil marriage is that they themselves are not religious. (Letizia for example also didn't marry religiously the first time - so, it is not unheard of in Spain)

The princess was baptized in the Roman Catholic Church and Marc was raised in the Maronite church, which is in full communion with the Roman Catholic church.

This sentence (from royalmusings) seems to suggest that there wouldn't be anything to hinder/prevent a religious wedding, so the most likely reason that they will only have a civil marriage is that they themselves are not religious. (Letizia for example also didn't marry religiously the first time - so, it is not unheard of in Spain)

Or they are fixing now a wedding in Maronite rite in Lebanon :flowers:

Or they are fixing now a wedding in Maronite rite in Lebanon :flowers:

That would also be an option indeed. If they only have this one, the most likely reason is that they themselves are not religious and therefore don't feel the need. If they are to have a religious wedding elsewhere (which nobody seems to have suggested before - and in most cases that wedding would be the 'larger' one in terms of attendance), that would of course change the discussion.

Why does one if their sons use a cane?

Is it true that King Simeon decided that his Grandson Prince Boris , Son of the late Prince Kardam will be the future King .

Last edited:
Is is true that King Simeon decided that his Grandson Prince Boris , Son of the late Prince Kardam will be the future King .
King Simeon announced a few weeks ago that his grandson Prince Boris will be known as Custodian of the Crown after the death of his grandfather.

Unlike in Romania there are more than sufficient heirs, so there was never a question about whether Boris was Simeon's heir or not. It's interesting to see that they decided to take the Romanian route and copy their phrase 'Custodian of the Crown'.

Unlike in Romania there are more than sufficient heirs, so there was never a question about whether Boris was Simeon's heir or not.

While it wasn't for a lack of sufficient heirs, it was supposedly mentioned in an interview that Simeon had adopted gender-equal primogeniture. I haven't been able to find the statement online, but if true, it would be consistent with Simeon's decisions to bestow royal titles on his daughter's child and his sister's descendants, as disclosed in various parts of the family's official website.

That said, it does not matter for Boris as he is the eldest child of the eldest child of Simeon.

I think King Simeon II did well to give the title of "guardian of the crown" to Prince Boris when he becomes the head of the Royal House.
The other non-reigning royal families could follow suit.

I hoped for at least one official wedding photo but even HOLA doesn' t seem to have one.

Prince Kubrat and Princess Carla celebrated on 2 July , 29 years of marriage!

Princess Carla:

"29 years

Although she flew by, time did not go away. Here we are with the family we made And what we continue to do every day. I only ask for health to continue enjoying you and with you. Of them and with them, you are my great treasure.

29 +7 It all started yesterday. #2July1993"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CflSSiDsJfH/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfj2bvHN5ji/

Princess Kalina with son Simeon Hassan accompanied husband Kitin Munoz to the presentation of his new book (written together with Terencio Pérez) at the Higher Center for Defense Studies in Madrid:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** hola article **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom