The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-04-2015, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Restoration of Monarchy in Bulgaria

Bulgarian President urges rethink on church honouring Saxe-Coburg as ‘Tsar of Bulgarians’ | The Sofia Globe

Old 05-04-2015, 08:29 PM
Royal Highness

There is support for a return of the monarchy to Bulgaria?

Old 05-04-2015, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent

The president spoke about the risk of a real division between royalists ans republicans reacting at the prayers for the King decided by the Orthodox Church.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:21 AM
Heir Apparent

I think and the bulgarian royals its not intrested so much to the return of monarchy.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Why do you believe this?
Old 05-10-2015, 03:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Because i beleive and maybe i have wrong how any of the children to King Simeon except maybe to Princess Kalina going rarely to Bulgaria and nt participating in various events there. And now with the death of Crown Prince Kardam i don't know if done something for this maybe a memorial.
Old 05-10-2015, 04:46 AM
Heir Apparent

The former King of Bulgaria acted as Prime Minister of the present republican state of Bulgaria. The only European King in modern history whom, after being exiled, returned to political power. Upon taking office as Prime Minister, he took an oath to observe, maintain and protect the republican constitution.... In 2009 the party of the former King lost all seats in Parliament and Simeon ended his political activities.

So this means, as the only one of all once exiled former Kings, Simeon was the only one whom held real power again. He guided Bulgaria into the EU, into NATO and tried to fight the widespread corruption and nepotism. He however never hinted to a restoration of the monarchy. Since his hard defeat in 2009 (no any seat won in the elections) there seem no sufficient support for a restoration of the monarchy.

So I would say: as no one else, this former King had the chance to restore, for an example into a fully ceremonial role (à la Sweden). He choose for real power as Prime Minister, but as we all know, usually leaders of government only enjoy a very short time of support...
Old 05-10-2015, 05:14 AM
Heir Apparent

I know all that for King Simeon. My question is for the children to the king.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
I know all that for King Simeon. My question is for the children to the king.
If King Simeon can forget a restoration, why would his grandsons Boris and Beltrán have better prospects? Both his grandsons Boris and Beltrán are born in Spain, live in Spain and most likely are more Spanish than Bulgarian. The same counts for their uncles Kirill, Kubrat and Konstantin: all born in Spain, all raised in Spain, all living in Spain, all married with Spanish partners...

Old 05-10-2015, 06:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes that i mean what i say i'ts not interested for the monarchy. They are more spanish than Bulgarian.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Royal Highness

I also wondered if Boris and Beltran are interested in the monarchy.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I have the same queries. I beleive maybe we see soon now after Boris is the heir.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Don’t call me king during liturgies, Saxe-Coburg tells Bulgarian Orthodox Church | The Sofia Globe
Old 07-08-2015, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

The King does not see Monarchy restored and considers Prince Boris should only continue the traditions of the House like the Bourbon-Parme:

Siméon de Bulgarie: "Une merveilleuse façon de dire au revoir à Kardam" - L'Express Styles
Old 07-09-2015, 02:31 AM
Heir Apparent

The Prince Boris should do just that. To continue the traditions as says King and frequently visited the country if it wants to have any hope of monarchy if and when return.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:16 AM
Heir Apparent

There were big chances for a restoration of the monarchy. Which former King can claim a direct electoral mandate? Former King Simeon became Prime Minister of Bulgaria but such an executive role only leads to division and partisanship. In fact we can say that the former King himself has blown up any prospect of a restoration by his own unlucky choices.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I completely agree with you!!!