Prince Kardam seriously injured in Madrid car accident, August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness me. He is a doctor, a surgeon, by profession. Must be devastating for him.

To this day I cannot understand how such a devastating accident can happen in a residential city street. If this was on the highway or one of the rings around the City, one would think of a blown tire or speeding, sleek roads whatever.......
I just hope he becomes "whole" and goes back to his family soon.

Goodness me. He is a doctor, a surgeon, by profession. Must be devastating for him.

He is not a surgeon, his brother Kubrat is. I think he studied Economy. At first doctors said that his hands could be amputated, so after all he is lucky.

I´m relieved to know that Prince Kardam is slowly recovering from his awful accident. Given the seriousness of the crash, it´s still a blessing he only lost two fingers. He could have lost both hands or worse, his life.

He is not a surgeon, his brother Kubrat is. I think he studied Economy. At first doctors said that his hands could be amputated, so after all he is lucky.

Lapse of memory - you are definitely right :flowers:

Speaking as a former nurse I don't think it is right that Miriam has not seen her husband yet,She isn't a child and if (god forbid) but something terrible happened and she had never seen him again she might regret it the rest of her life.I realize she might be traumatized from the accident but let me assure you if it was her child who was lying in a hospital bed all this time they wouldn't try to stop her from seeing them.

Speaking as a former nurse I don't think it is right that Miriam has not seen her husband yet,She isn't a child and if (god forbid) but something terrible happened and she had never seen him again she might regret it the rest of her life.I realize she might be traumatized from the accident but let me assure you if it was her child who was lying in a hospital bed all this time they wouldn't try to stop her from seeing them.

I agree absolutely,no-one forbids anyone to see his/her partner.Ever.

I agree absolutely,no-one forbids anyone to see his/her partner.Ever.

I was wondering about this a few posts back. It was mentioned that she has no recollection of the accident. Now it was said that the doctors "advised" her not to visit. I wonder if she only lost her short term memory or there is more to it than they let up.....Who actually was allowed to see him so far?
(Fingers crossed)

According to www.monarchen.nl Princess Miriam has finally been allowed to visit her husband in the hospital!

I don't get it, they say he's been discharged but that he's still in coma...:confused:

Do they have in Spain the equivalent of nursing/convalescent homes where one who cannot be helped medically is moved to be monitored while on life support??

Perhaps, he is in a Hospice facility. We have them here in the States and, I believe, in Great Britain where terminal care started. Of course, they state that his breathing and vital signs have improved, you would think he would stay in the hospital and be treated.

It is rather strange that a patient still in a coma would be moved out of the hospital he was being treated in. Let's hope this is not because they cannot offer any help and he will be in a vegetative state because of his injuries.

my spanish isn't great but I think they are saying that he remains in a regular coma now not a medically induced one.the family hasn't lost hope but is wishing for a recovery bit by bit.he has been moved out of the icu I believe,again I stress my spanish isn't great

my spanish isn't great but I think they are saying that he remains in a regular coma now not a medically induced one.the family hasn't lost hope but is wishing for a recovery bit by bit.he has been moved out of the icu I believe,again I stress my spanish isn't great

You are right he has just been moved from the Emergency care unit to a private room.

Kardam stays in the hospital. He receives many visits from her wife and family. They don´t lose the hope, but his coma is not induced and he is seriously ill.

Unfortunately there is no way to predict how long this coma will last.Since he is out of the ICU this generally means that he is breathing on his own without the help of a ventialtor.With a head trauma as serious as he has there is often much swelling around the brain and this can take a long time to resolve so that they can assess what might be permanent damage.Miriam will need the support of all those around her as she will have a difficult road ahead in these next few months.

It makes much more sense now that he is moved from ICU to a regular room rather than to another hospital. I just hope that he recovers and goes back to his family soon.

Thanks Lady Finn. Poor thing she still looks seriously injured after all this time. Still she is in a much better shape than he is. Does anyone remember how long Prince Guillaume was in the hospital?

The image of Miriam visiting Kardam is unbearable. I still keep praying for his life. I hope God will work wonders and cure him soon. I I am glad to see that her own family and family-in-law have been very supportive.

Anna,

Thank you so much for the update. Miriam is so courageous. She remined friendly with the journalists. What did they ask her? I am glad to see that her family is very supportive. Who was the gentleman accompanying her?

Thanks

DiezMinutos says that the gentleman next to her is her father Bernardo
and I think that Miriam is a very strong women

It's awful! I totally admire the strength and courage of Miriam! I hope he gets up from coma as soon as possible! It's a very hard situation! At first I didn't realise that the accident was so bad? What exactly happened?

According to the Hola article, he is in a different place (kind of a recuperation clinic) and is constantly visited by his family. He breathes without assistance but is still in deep coma.
His poor wife, looks still so battered from her own injuries. May God protect them.

Poor Miriam! She looked so fragile and has to walk so carefully. Her arm must really be badly damaged --- I hope that she has a full and speedy recovery -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom