The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Bulgaria

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
...the last news I've read about him (back on last spring) were that he's recovering at his home in Madrid, but that he still is immobile and unable to communicate.
I fear that he will never be healthy again...

Old 01-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Commoner

@Biri: The House of Saxe Coburg und Gotha had many early death at the last two centuries. It´s like the Braganza´s Curse which occurs in Portugal and Brazil.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Is there any update on his state? Last time I read anything about it, he was unable to move or communicate...
Old 02-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Aristocracy

The accident of Prince Kardam and Princess Miriam sounds similar to the one that Prince Guillame(Grand Duke Henri's youngest sibling) and Princess Sybilla had in France years ago. He was in a coma, and she was not seriously injured. He came out of his coma and I believe he is back to his usual self. Let's hope that will happen with Prince Kardam.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Courtier

Just an awful news the prince condition seem to be getting better than here comes a relapse.I really want him to recover being he has a wife and two young sons that need their father.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 05-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Any news on his condition recently?
Old 06-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Commoner

No. The Prince is still in coma. There is no danger to his life now.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Dunkel View Post
What do you mean by "no danger to his life"? Is he expected to remain in a coma until he passes away?
Old 06-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent

He is still unconscious, isn't he?
Old 06-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Dunkel
I would say that he is considerable danger of clots in the lungs, due to prolonged immobilization. Eventually one gets big enough to block blood low to the heart, and it's all over.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

As yesterday good news from the Dutch Royal House announced a little improvement of Prince Friso's state of health I remembered that we royal watchers have another Prince in coma. It is a big wish from me that Prince Kardam will recover soon and will come back into "our world".
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Any updates?
Old 07-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Gentry

Is the state prince Karam is in the same as that of prince friso?
Old 07-25-2013, 10:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
As yesterday good news from the Dutch Royal House announced a little improvement of Prince Friso's state of health I remembered that we royal watchers have another Prince in coma. It is a big wish from me that Prince Kardam will recover soon and will come back into "our world".
What good news?
Old 07-25-2013, 10:53 PM
Serene Highness

There was no "improvement," they just did a closer evaluation of his status and revealed it. People in the public and the press had been saying Friso was in a "coma" but there are more specific states (minimally conscious is what they called him - meaning he can breath without a machine and doesn't need a heart stimulator). There is "inconsistent" cognitive mediation of such things as breathing or moving. They appear, at times, to try and shift their bodies or breath faster when it's hot. They may shake or nod their head when spoken to (although the actual response seems random). They may be able to follow a few simple commands (such as "open your mouth" and "swallow your food.")

This is news - it clarifies what type of coma he's in, but I cannot in my heart call it good news. It must be terribly painful for the family. It is definitely better than a persistent vegetative state - but no one knows if the prognosis is really any better.

I did not know about poor prince Kardam. His injuries sound tremendously serious.

I think of them both often, and of their families - tragic.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Last October King Simeon said "Kardam's condition continues to be very serious, but I am deeply moved by the fact that many people in Bulgaria are with us in our prayers and wishes for his recovery."
Five years since accident of Prince Kardam; King Simeon will never give up hope for recovery - News Summary R O Y A L B L O G. N L
Old 08-17-2013, 09:36 AM
Serene Highness

When someone is in a coma and they can't communicate in a way that they are understood, it's difficult to know if they are aware of what is going on or if they are in discomfort or in pain. It's possible someone in a coma who has severe injuries to the body could have their mind intact or have some level of understanding of what is going on around them but because of the injuries they suffered can't communicate this.

It's difficult to measure what you can't see or hear as doctor or nurses can only judge on others who have had similiar injuries and what the outcomes of those injuries where.

I pray that Prince Kardam's condition improves and he recovers.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Simeon of Bulgaria and his wife, Margarita Gomez Acebo visit Prince Kardam in Madrid

Simeón de Bulgaria y su esposa, Margarita Gómez Acebo, arropan a su hijo el príncipe Kardam en la celebración de su 51º cumpleaños

Tags
accident, bulgaria, prince kardam, princess miriam