Death, Funeral and Memorial service of Prince Kardam of Bulgaria, 7 Apr / 8 Jun 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, for the 40th birthday of the -then- Prince of Orange, both the Prince and Princess of Turnovo (the late Prince Kardam and Princess Miriam) as well the Prince and Princess of Preslav (Prince Kyrill and Princess Rosario) did attend. Later the Bulgarian royal family also was represented at the 40th birthday celebrations for Princess Máxima, in Amsterdam.

As non-reigning royals are not on "the iron guestlist", these regular attendances indicate a private friendship between the Dutch and the Bulgarian royal families.

Last edited:
Well, for the 40th birthday of the -then- Prince of Orange, both the Prince and Princess of Turnovo (the late Prince Kardam and Princess Miriam) as well the Prince and Princess of Preslav (Prince Kyrill and Princess Rosario) did attend. Later the Bulgarian royal family also was represented at the 40th birthday celebrations for Princess Máxima, in Amsterdam.

Princess Rosario was in attendance alone at that event,Kyrill wasn't there.:)

Princess Rosario was in attendance alone at that event,Kyrill wasn't there.:)

Ow I stand corrected... now I remember her walking alone on the carpet in Amsterdam... but apparently both Princess Miriam of Turnovo and Princess Rosario of Preslav were at Máxima's birthday...

Prince Kardam and Princess Miriam at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam

Prince Kardam and Princess Miriam at Het Loo Palace in Apeldoorn

Prince Kardam and Princess Miriam at the Nieuwe Kerk in Delft

Prince Kyrill and Princess Rosario at Het Loo Palace in Apeldoorn

Princess Miriam at the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam

Princess Rosario at the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam

Etc.

Last edited:
I'm a bit late, but thanks to those who shared the photos and videos.

This photo of Beatrix is quite touching. Sadly she shares the Bulgarian RF's pain of losing a son at a young age in a tragic situation. It was also interesting that the Netherlands had a few representatives, I had no idea that they were friendly with the Bulgarian RF. I knew about the Spanish RF's friendship with the Bulgarian RF, but not the Netherlands.

I noticed in the video that some of the royals smiled to the press, which I thought was a bit odd at a memorial service which is a sad occasion.

^^^Kardam and Miriam were at W-A's and Maxima's 40th birthday parties which occurred prior to his and Friso's accidents so there must have been some family friendship that had been established. Beatrix, JC, Sofia, Simeon would have moved in the same royal circles. Perhaps each had been guests at Queen Frederika's Greek Island Cruise get-together for young single royals in the early 1960's?

I have great sympathy for King Simeon. When he was 6 years old, his father Tsar Boris died. His father was only 49. His father had refused to allow Hitler to remove the 50,000 Jews from Bulgaria. There were those who believed Hitler was responsible for The Tsar's death. There was a great outpouring if grief in Bulgaria at his death. Simeon was appointed King with three regents. Then, when he was 9 years old, the communists took power and the royal family were given 48 hours to leave the Country. They first went to Egypt where The Italian King's family had gone for refuge. King Umberto was the father of Simeon's mother. Then, the Spanish Royal family invited them to come to Spain.

There is much more, of course. But, like King Michael of Romania, very much suffering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Memorial service for the late Prince Kardam

Last edited:
The mortal remains of Prince Kardam will be transferred to Bulgaria.
According to ¡HOLA!, the son of King Simeon and Queen Margarita will rest forever in the Vrana palace.

Last edited:
Vrana Palace has been returned to the Bulgarian royal family. It is Simeon and Margarita's official residence. So, they are burying him on their own private property (partly open for the public).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom