The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Bulgaria

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-11-2015, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

What sad news, may he RIP. It must be devastating for the family to lose Prince Karam after he has been in a coma since 2008, which is quite a long time.

I'm going off-topic here, but it appears that the Bulgarian RF are well liked in Bulgaria. I think it's rather unusual for an ex-King of a now Republic to have been Prime Minister for a bit. The Romanian RF are another non-reigning RF who also seem to be well liked in their country. It's great that the non-reigning RFs are now being accepted in their home countries again.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-12-2015, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Princess Miriam has thanked those who sent her condolence messages upon the death of her husband on her Facebook:

"Dear friends of Facebook,

I want to thank you for the constant gestures of affection that you have sent me these days. I would like to reply to you individually but you will understand that this is impossible. Your support is a great comfort in these days so sad and gives me the strength to go forward. Such is life.

Thank you, thank you, thank you"

Source: Les remerciements de la princesse Miriam de Bulgarie

Old 04-12-2015, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
What sad news, may he RIP. It must be devastating for the family to lose Prince Karam after he has been in a coma since 2008, which is quite a long time.

I'm going off-topic here, but it appears that the Bulgarian RF are well liked in Bulgaria. I think it's rather unusual for an ex-King of a now Republic to have been Prime Minister for a bit. The Romanian RF are another non-reigning RF who also seem to be well liked in their country. It's great that the non-reigning RFs are now being accepted in their home countries again.
I am not sure how well-liked the Bulgarian royal family is. My feeling is that becoming Prime Minister and being directly responsible for politics and administration was not the wisest choice. It is also remarkable that King Simeon never wanted to give his views on the restoration of the Bulgarian monarchy. Upon taking office as Prime Minister, he took an oath to protect the country's republican constitution... So he cornered himself and his possible monarchist wish.

The bulk of the Bulgarian RF seems to live in Spain. If they were that popular and well-liked, why do they not live in beautiful Bulgaria then?
Old 04-12-2015, 08:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I am not sure how well-liked the Bulgarian royal family is. My feeling is that becoming Prime Minister and being directly responsible for politics and administration was not the wisest choice. It is also remarkable that King Simeon never wanted to give his views on the restoration of the Bulgarian monarchy. Upon taking office as Prime Minister, he took an oath to protect the country's republican constitution... So he cornered himself and his possible monarchist wish.

The bulk of the Bulgarian RF seems to live in Spain. If they were that popular and well-liked, why do they not live in beautiful Bulgaria then?
King Simeon, as Prime Minister, actually, took a job that has function. That was admirable. Restorations of monarchies, that will not be restored, because their time has passed, is really cornering yourself. Perhaps, they are more comfortable in Spain, a much more modern country, not diminished by the years of Communism.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:

It was just the impression I have gotten; I don't know because I of course don't know the family personally, but I think that perhaps the reason why most of the RF still lives in Spain and not in Bulgaria is because they have been living there for a long while, since 1951, and they must like it there if they have stayed there for all that time. I don't really think it has much to do with popularity, but that's just my opinion.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

When will he be buried ????
Old 04-30-2015, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
The prince was in a coma since August 15th 2008. Last year his father, king Simeon II, told a Dutch tv show: "It is a cross we have to bear". Very sad for his wife, sons, parents and family. May he rest in peace.

In Spanish:
Fallece el pr?ncipe Kardam, hijo mayor de Sime?n de Bulgaria y G?mez-Acebo | www.diariosur.es
He had been in a coma for seven years?!! OMG!
Rest in peace!
Old 05-16-2015, 06:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Patriarch Holds Memorial Service Marking Death of Bulgaria's Last King Eldest

Patriarch Holds Memorial Service Marking Death of Bulgaria's Last King Eldest Son - Novinite.com - Sofia News Agency

Симеон Втори и Маргарита скърбят за Кардам
Old 06-08-2015, 05:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

The funeral in memory of Prince Kardam is celebrated today at 8 pm at "Los Jeronimos" Church of Madrid.

According to ABC, the Bulgarian royal family, relatives, members of the Spanish royal family and members of other royal families, will attend the mass.

La Familia Real blgara se rene en el funeral de Kardam de Bulgaria - ABC.es
Old 06-08-2015, 07:50 AM
Heir Apparent

But he has been dead for weeks now..............??????????????????
Old 06-08-2015, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'd imagine that Lula means a Memorial Mass or Service and not a 'funeral' .
Old 06-08-2015, 08:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Willem Alexander, Queen Maxima, Princess Beatrix and Princess Laurentien will attend

https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/agenda...-prins-kardam/

According to El Mundo, King Felipe, Queen Letizia, King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia will attend

Los Reyes Felipe, Letizia, Juan Carlos y Sof?a acudir?n al funeral de Kardam de Bulgaria | loc | EL MUNDO

First photos

http://www.semana.es/galeria/emotivo...9/#post-334939

Bulgarian Royal Family

King Felipe and Queen Letizia
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofa
Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina

Jaime de Marichalar

Princess Irene of Greece

King Willem Alexander and Queen Maxima
Princess Beatrix
Princess Laurentien

Duke and Duchess of Braganza

Cristina de Borbn Dos Sicilias and family

Photos

060815 Kardam Prince of Turnovo Mass Fueneral - Images | jose gegundez | photographer

060815 Kardam Prince of Turnovo Mass Fueneral - Images | jose gegundez | photographer

Emotivo y multitudinario funeral por Kardam de Bulgaria

El funeral de Kardam de Bulgaria, en fotos

Juan Carlos y Sofa sustituyen a los Reyes en el funeral de Kardam de Bulgaria - Diez Minutos

Bulgarian Royal Family

King Felipe and Queen Letizia
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofa
Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina

Infanta Pilar, Simoneta and Fernando
Infanta Margarita, Mara and Alfonso

Jaime de Marichalar

Princess Irene of Greece
Prince Pavlos of Greece

King Willem Alexander and Queen Maxima
Princess Beatrix
Princess Laurentien

Duke and Duchess of Braganza

Cristina de Borbn Dos Sicilias and family
Old 06-08-2015, 04:50 PM
Serene Highness

The look on Beatrix' face when she hugs Simeon is so touching, both having lost a son too soon
La realeza se vuelca en el funeral por Kardam de Bulgaria - Foto 8
Old 06-08-2015, 05:39 PM
Heir Apparent

What a large delegation from the Netherlands, and how heartfelt the greetings were.

I have seldom seen Princess Beatrix so emotioned: http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realeza...beatriz--z.jpg
Old 06-08-2015, 05:59 PM
Courtier

Beautiful to see the royal love and support being shown to the family.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
But he has been dead for weeks now..............??????????????????
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I'd imagine that Lula means a Memorial Mass or Service and not a 'funeral' .
no, this IS the funeral. orthodox funerals take place several weeks after the death.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-08-2015, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Surprised not to see anyone from Belgium.... I thought they were very friend and related to that family, but of course maybe they were already busy elsewhere, after all their agenda has been planned for months....
Old 06-08-2015, 06:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
What a large delegation from the Netherlands, and how heartfelt the greetings were.

I have seldom seen Princess Beatrix so emotioned: http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realeza...beatriz--z.jpg
Indeed.

Princess Beatrix knows well how painful is to lose a son.

Once more, I send my heartfelt condolences to the Bulgarian Royal Family.

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Video: La Infanta Cristina reaparece junto a la Familia Real en el funeral de Kardam de Bulgaria - eldiariomontanes.es

Old 06-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I've only seen excited and happy expressions on her face. At Claus' and her parents funeral she appeared more stoic. However when faced with the memory of a similar experience I can understand how she feels.

Tags
death, funeral, prince kardam