Death, Funeral and Memorial service of Prince Kardam of Bulgaria, 7 Apr / 8 Jun 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What sad news, may he RIP. :sad: It must be devastating for the family to lose Prince Karam after he has been in a coma since 2008, which is quite a long time.

I'm going off-topic here, but it appears that the Bulgarian RF are well liked in Bulgaria. I think it's rather unusual for an ex-King of a now Republic to have been Prime Minister for a bit. The Romanian RF are another non-reigning RF who also seem to be well liked in their country. It's great that the non-reigning RFs are now being accepted in their home countries again.

Princess Miriam has thanked those who sent her condolence messages upon the death of her husband on her Facebook:

"Dear friends of Facebook,

I want to thank you for the constant gestures of affection that you have sent me these days. I would like to reply to you individually but you will understand that this is impossible. Your support is a great comfort in these days so sad and gives me the strength to go forward. Such is life.

Thank you, thank you, thank you"

Source: Les remerciements de la princesse Miriam de Bulgarie

What sad news, may he RIP. :sad: It must be devastating for the family to lose Prince Karam after he has been in a coma since 2008, which is quite a long time.

I'm going off-topic here, but it appears that the Bulgarian RF are well liked in Bulgaria. I think it's rather unusual for an ex-King of a now Republic to have been Prime Minister for a bit. The Romanian RF are another non-reigning RF who also seem to be well liked in their country. It's great that the non-reigning RFs are now being accepted in their home countries again.

I am not sure how well-liked the Bulgarian royal family is. My feeling is that becoming Prime Minister and being directly responsible for politics and administration was not the wisest choice. It is also remarkable that King Simeon never wanted to give his views on the restoration of the Bulgarian monarchy. Upon taking office as Prime Minister, he took an oath to protect the country's republican constitution... So he cornered himself and his possible monarchist wish.

The bulk of the Bulgarian RF seems to live in Spain. If they were that popular and well-liked, why do they not live in beautiful Bulgaria then?

I am not sure how well-liked the Bulgarian royal family is. My feeling is that becoming Prime Minister and being directly responsible for politics and administration was not the wisest choice. It is also remarkable that King Simeon never wanted to give his views on the restoration of the Bulgarian monarchy. Upon taking office as Prime Minister, he took an oath to protect the country's republican constitution... So he cornered himself and his possible monarchist wish.

The bulk of the Bulgarian RF seems to live in Spain. If they were that popular and well-liked, why do they not live in beautiful Bulgaria then?

King Simeon, as Prime Minister, actually, took a job that has function. That was admirable. Restorations of monarchies, that will not be restored, because their time has passed, is really cornering yourself. Perhaps, they are more comfortable in Spain, a much more modern country, not diminished by the years of Communism.

It was just the impression I have gotten; I don't know because I of course don't know the family personally, but I think that perhaps the reason why most of the RF still lives in Spain and not in Bulgaria is because they have been living there for a long while, since 1951, and they must like it there if they have stayed there for all that time. I don't really think it has much to do with popularity, but that's just my opinion.

But he has been dead for weeks now..............??????????????????

I'd imagine that Lula means a Memorial Mass or Service and not a 'funeral' .

King Willem Alexander, Queen Maxima, Princess Beatrix and Princess Laurentien will attend

https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/agend...ntien-bij-herdenkingsdienst-van-prins-kardam/

According to El Mundo, King Felipe, Queen Letizia, King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia will attend

Los Reyes Felipe, Letizia, Juan Carlos y Sof?a acudir?n al funeral de Kardam de Bulgaria | loc | EL MUNDO

First photos

http://www.semana.es/galeria/emotiv...dam-de-bulgaria-en-madrid/334939/#post-334939

Bulgarian Royal Family

King Felipe and Queen Letizia
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofía
Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina

Jaime de Marichalar

Princess Irene of Greece

King Willem Alexander and Queen Maxima
Princess Beatrix
Princess Laurentien

Duke and Duchess of Braganza

Cristina de Borbón Dos Sicilias and family

Photos

060815 Kardam Prince of Turnovo Mass Fueneral - Images | jose gegundez | photographer

060815 Kardam Prince of Turnovo Mass Fueneral - Images | jose gegundez | photographer

Emotivo y multitudinario funeral por Kardam de Bulgaria

El funeral de Kardam de Bulgaria, en fotos

Juan Carlos y Sofía sustituyen a los Reyes en el funeral de Kardam de Bulgaria - Diez Minutos

Bulgarian Royal Family

King Felipe and Queen Letizia
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofía
Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina

Infanta Pilar, Simoneta and Fernando
Infanta Margarita, María and Alfonso

Jaime de Marichalar

Princess Irene of Greece
Prince Pavlos of Greece

King Willem Alexander and Queen Maxima
Princess Beatrix
Princess Laurentien

Duke and Duchess of Braganza

Cristina de Borbón Dos Sicilias and family

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful to see the royal love and support being shown to the family.

Surprised not to see anyone from Belgium.... I thought they were very friend and related to that family, but of course maybe they were already busy elsewhere, after all their agenda has been planned for months....

The video showed rare curtsey from a princess of the NL. TBH I've never seen Laurentian perform one, but I'm guessing that when visiting a nation where the custom still exists that she knows what the expectation will be.

no, this IS the funeral. orthodox funerals take place several weeks after the death.

IS the funeral mass. The funeral take place after the death. Normally the mass become about forty days after the death but perhaps they want some time to organize with all the royal guests.

IS the funeral mass. The funeral take place after the death. Normally the mass become about forty days after the death but perhaps they want some time to organize with all the royal guests.

Yes I was thinking alright that he had been buried at San Isidro in Madrid a couple of weeks ago.

It is interesting that the Von Sachsen-Coburg and Gotha relatives in the United Kingdom and Belgium were not represented by a member of their respective large families...

Shockingly she neglected to wear her hair shirt too...

The Infanta was just greeting someone when this picture has been made in 0,0001 second. Come on...

:ermm:

The video showed rare curtsey from a princess of the NL. TBH I've never seen Laurentian perform one, but I'm guessing that when visiting a nation where the custom still exists that she knows what the expectation will be.

The Princesses of the Netherlands follow the custom at the Court where they are guests. But when they are in such a monarchy, you can still see them "going down"...

Princess Beatrix makes a révérence for the King of Thailand

Princess Máxima makes a révérence for Queen Sirikit of Thailand

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting to see. Thanks for the video.

It is interesting that the Von Sachsen-Coburg and Gotha relatives in the United Kingdom and Belgium were not represented by a member of their respective large families...

The Infanta was just greeting someone when this picture has been made in 0,0001 second. Come on...

:ermm:

The Princesses of the Netherlands follow the custom at the Court where they are guests. But when they are in such a monarchy, you can still see them "going down"...

Princess Beatrix makes a révérence for the King of Thailand

Princess Máxima makes a révérence for Queen Sirikit of Thailand
I wonder if the Dutch royals were there as special guests of the Bulgarian family considering that they'd been through a similar experience? Perhaps Simeon and Margarita had been communicating with Beatrix and her family over the years that both sons were in comas.

Back
Top Bottom