The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Bulgaria

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-07-2015, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Rest in peace, Prince Kardam.

So sad, so tragic.

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:23 PM
Majesty

it's unbelievable how a second can change your life. although a sad event, hopefully it will allow his family to move on.

any details on his funeral arrangements?

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-07-2015, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I suppose there will be an Orthodox funeral because the late Prince was Orthodox.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:47 PM
Courtier

May the Prince rest in peace.

My condolences to his family and friends. May his sons, Boris and Beltran, remember the good times they had with their father.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:13 PM
Nobility

Funeral tomorrow April 8:
Le prince Kardam de Bulgarie sera inhumé à Madrid
Old 04-07-2015, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Why not in Bulgaria?
Old 04-07-2015, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Prince will be buried at the San Isidro de Madrid cemetery,I think there are some members of his mothers Gomez Acebo family buried there?
Old 04-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent

This could be a sign his family does not have any interest in Bulgaria anymore.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Old 04-07-2015, 06:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
This could be a sign his family does not have any interest in Bulgaria anymore.
I don't think this is the right place - nor it's the right time - to discuss if the Family is interested in Bulgaria or not. The King and Queen have just lost their son and the two young Princes were left without a father.

My condolences to the Royal Family, may the Prince of Turnovo rest in peace.

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent

The Prince was the Heir to the Bulgarian Throne so it is rather strange he won't be buried in Bulgaria.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Sad ending for a sad story... he doesn't suffer anymore now.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The Prince was the Heir to the Bulgarian Throne so it is rather strange he won't be buried in Bulgaria.
I think talking about trivialities and making insinuations are quite strange in a situation like this.

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
I think talking about trivialities and making insinuations are quite strange in a situation like this.
We are speaking about the funeral of a Crown Prince and I do not suppose are "trivialities" to suggest he should be buried in the country where his Family reigned and he should be buried accordind to the traditions of his House.

We have to accompagny with our prayers the last journey of this Prince that could have become King of the Bulgarians.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
We are speaking about the funeral of a Crown Prince and I do not suppose are "trivialities" to suggest he should be buried in the country where his Family reigned and he should be buried accordind to the traditions of his House.
But to suggest his Family has no interest in Bulgaria is a very unnecessary speculation, if not disrespectful to the King and Queen - and they live in Bulgaria, by the way -, as they just lost their son.

Old 04-07-2015, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
But to suggest his Family has no interest in Bulgaria is a very unnecessary speculation, if not disrespectful to the King and Queen - and they live in Bulgaria, by the way -, as they just lost their son.
I would never be disrespectful to them but this funeral in Madrid won't be seen in Bulgaria as a symbol of a Bulgarian Royal even.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Perhaps the King and Queen decided to follow the wishes of the late Prince and/or his wife. Where do his children live? If they live in Spain, perhaps it was decided that Spain would be the best place for their children [i.e. give them the chance to visit their father's grave].

I tend to believe that the family has a better idea on why they decide to bury the late Prince in Spain than we do.

My deepest condolences to his family.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

As has already been said, neither the time nor thread to discuss this in. In other words : Show some respect for God sakes!!

My condolences to his Family and Friends. I can not even imagine the Hell they have been through these close to ten years on now. May Prince Kardem be at Peace. :(

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-08-2015, 03:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
As has already been said, neither the time nor thread to discuss this in. In other words : Show some respect for God sakes!!

My condolences to his Family and Friends. I can not even imagine the Hell they have been through these close to ten years on now. May Prince Kardem be at Peace. :(

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Well Said Tiggersk8, RIP Prince Kardam.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:34 AM
Majesty

i guess kardam was born and always lived in spain, his wife is spanish and so are his sons, so i guess he had a tighter attachment to spain than he possibly did towards bulgaria.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-08-2015, 05:48 AM
Aristocracy

The death of Prince Kardam received extensive coverage in Bulgaria (which goes against the claims of one poster that Bulgarians could not care less). I don't think it is disrespectful to discuss Prince Kardam's funeral arrangements, or what his death might mean for the dynasty, and this thread seems the most suitable place. If some people feel the need for a period of mourning, perhaps a dedicated memorial thread might be worth considering.

Saxe-Coburg Dynasty in Bulgaria

Boris IV is the new Crown Prince

Prince Kardam Tarnovski

Seven Years Waiting

After the Death of Kardam

Who is Prince Kardam Tarnovski?

Death of firstborn son of Simeon Sakskoburggotski

Tags
death, funeral, prince kardam