The UAE Royalty 3: June-July 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see Hamdan 'the bowler' mentioned on Mo's site..... he's taken up bowling and there's mention of Rashid inviting English soccer players to play in Dubai.... :flower: the picture of Hamdan is soooo tiny... but his arms look good - from what I could see :innocent:

Over here baby,

I don't know whether or not Sheikha Mowza is Hazza's cousin but they are related I think.

Let's say...

Hazza is the son of Baba Zayed. Sheikh Zayed bin Sulthan al-Nahyan, he is the President of the UAE and ruler of Abu Dhabi (the biggest emirate I believe and also the capital).

Mowza is the daughter of Sheikh Mohammed bin Butti al-Hamed, he doesn't rule any emirate but he's the "head" of a tiny place named Al-Ain (Baba Zayed's either place of origin or favorite place).

Baba Zayed's mother's name was Sheikha Salamah bint Butti. It is confusing but the al-Nahyan tree is endless. :innocent:

Thanks for the explaination Lala, my dear..... now I'm really confused... :wacko: :lol:

You're welcome, habibi. It's more important to keep the wealth within the family than the blood nowadays. :p

Originally posted by QueenB@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 2:46 am
Thanks for the explaination Lala, my dear..... now I'm really confused... :wacko: :lol:
Me too :wacko:

I've noticed that Lala ;) ......... so much inbreeding..... errrrrrr...... then again if I had cousins like that..... ahem..... 'Hello Cousin Hamdan.. ;) ...'
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by QueenB@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 1:25 am
Thanks Lala... she's a smart lady....
She is. Her latest project was "Zayed – the Millennium Legend" – a book dedicated to Baba Zayed in both English and Arabic. I think it's available on the Net, but I haven't had the time to read it. She's all praises for him.

"My wholehearted appreciation of this unparalleled statesman, of his leadership, his generous qualities and his immeasurable contributions gave me the impetus to accomplish the task I had initiated, in the hope of achieving if only partial success in highlighting the life's work of this great man, who has filled the world and is loved by all, the man who has etched his deeds in shining script in the history books of both the Arab and Western worlds."

Originally posted by QueenB@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 7:47 pm
Did anyone see Hamdan 'the bowler' mentioned on Mo's site..... he's taken up bowling and there's mention of Rashid inviting English soccer players to play in Dubai.... :flower: the picture of Hamdan is soooo tiny... but his arms look good - from what I could see :innocent:
He is bowling now!! Very interesting!

Yup, but his turf is and will be horses. Like father like son.

Although i do not know which is Mr lovely, i did not find any one lovely in the picture :wacko:

Thanks for the picture.... Did Hamdan get his braces off? His front teeth look odd - maybe he's chewing gum... but what a sweet smile he has... did he get it from mum or dad?? :flower:

Originally posted by Humble+Jul 7th, 2004 - 10:40 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Humble @ Jul 7th, 2004 - 10:40 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pallas athina@Jul 7th, 2004 - 8:05 pm
Mr. Lovely
Mr Lovely :shock:

Glad we do not have the same opinion :woot: :innocent: [/b][/quote]
Hamdan is the second hottest guy in all the UAE.

Originally posted by pallas athina+Jul 8th, 2004 - 6:54 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pallas athina @ Jul 8th, 2004 - 6:54 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Humble@Jul 7th, 2004 - 10:40 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-pallas athina
@Jul 7th, 2004 - 8:05 pm
Mr. Lovely

Mr Lovely :shock:

Glad we do not have the same opinion :woot: :innocent:
Hamdan is the second hottest guy in all the UAE. [/b][/quote]
It still does not mean that I would like him....

I am not impressed by anyone from Golf countries including princes

Originally posted by houri+Jul 7th, 2004 - 9:42 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (houri @ Jul 7th, 2004 - 9:42 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pallas athina@Jul 7th, 2004 - 9:05 pm
Mr. Lovely

thank you for the pic

he don't wear like men from uae he wear like kuwaiti men [/b][/quote]
What does he wear like Kuwaiti men?

Originally posted by La la@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 9:02 pm
You're welcome, habibi. It's more important to keep the wealth within the family than the blood nowadays. :p
Let me get this straight. Those royals in the gulf Arab states as well as other Arab countries imbreed to keep the money in the family. So explain this to me. If must royal families in the Arab world (namely Saudi Arabia, UAE, Jordan, Oman, Yemen, Morcocco, etc) have some control over the government (or should I say they control the country) why should it matter if they marry family or not? Because in the event of a divorce (if there was ever one), I am sure divorces have occured, but I would like to believe they were mutual (or that the wealthier party namely the royal agreed to the arrangement). In saying this then wouldn't the royal have the upper hand in deciding how much one would recieve if anything.

If anything wouldn't it better for the royal to stay married as many do and move onto the next wife or mistress. I mean isn't what they do anyway (at least some of them).

Simply put why couldn't they marry who ever because who they marry more than likely will come under the control of the royal family thus the government. How much would they really loss in family assests if they were to marry and then divorce a women who resided in their respective countries thus under the rule of their governemnt thus their courts? I believe there are ways of protecting themselves; they don't have to marry their cousins all the time (not least the first time around).

Akilah-good question.

Here's my answer-for whatever it's worth. There are the royal families of these countries and then their are the citizens and then there are 'upper society' citizens.

For the most part royals marry royals to strength their own power base within their own tribe/clan. The royals are not that worried about being hauled into divorce court and having to deal with a judge and jury. The royals are marrying to cement their power or to climb in stature.

Occasionally a royal will marry an upper society citizen. And you can guarantee that the non-royal is abosultely loaded whereas the royal is running a little dry on the cash flow.

And rarely royals marry common citizen (princess of Morocco)-this happens so rarely that it is not worth mentioning. Except for the observation that the more highly placed a royal is-the more likely they are to marry 'commoners' than an 'upper society' person. Why? The highly placed royal already has power & money-why not go for love?

Originally posted by silver charm+Jul 8th, 2004 - 10:06 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (silver charm @ Jul 8th, 2004 - 10:06 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette@Jul 8th, 2004 - 10:31 am
Hamdan is cute, but why is he holding his you know what?
he is holding his phone if you look close enough. [/b][/quote]
Ah, that's what I thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom