The UAE Royalty 3: June-July 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by lori+Jul 30th, 2004 - 2:14 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lori @ Jul 30th, 2004 - 2:14 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-silver charm@Jul 29th, 2004 - 5:00 pm
but please enlighten yourself to the life of baba zayed before you dismiss him due to his autocractic leadership. the bandwagon to demonize non-elected leaders is very seductive but not well informed. there are some horrible rulers in the Arab world with gallons of blood on their hands but Baba Zayed is NOT one of them.

democracy does not fix all ills. wise leadership does.
How do you suppose a foreigner to gather information in a society where press is totally controlled, if CIA is unable to reach, you think a simple journalist would and without censors? Good deeds are always done in public which is what everyone saw and why you knew it, but being a criticial reader, it's my policy to always look to where is not said, and always question the infomration presented to the public. I am not saying he is not donating money left and right, just the agenda behind it. That's why the receiver should always follow their procedures.
I agree democracy does not fix all ills, but I believe wise elected leadership does because there is an accountability where non-elected leaderships don't have to abide by. [/b][/quote]
How can you say that in a society where leaders are elected there is accountability? Bush was elected - how, why, whatever, I'm not getting into it - but he and his administration do whatever they want whether it is legal or not, whether it violates the basic rights of our American citizens or not - and there is absolutely no accountability for anything he does in our nation or abroad. Even elected officials - just take a look at many of the lazy and useless congress people or senators, etc, that do nothing for no one but themselves. Just because they are elected, doesn't mean that our nation is better off than in a Nation where the Leaders are not elected.

There are several non elected rulers that have been - and are - terrible leaders.. but there are a few that are wonderful, progressive and truly care and tirelessly work to improve the lives of their people.
Take for example Sheikh Hamad of Qatar. The positive changes he and his Wife Sheikha Mouzah have made to the lives of Qataris is astonishing. They work tirelessly to improve their educational, healthcare, etc, lives of their people - not for their own glory - because for so long the Sheikha worked quietly behind the scenes - but out of love for their Nation and people.

Girls, please say something. :cry:

One week to go...

Does anyone know if the the engagement of Mo's eldest son Rashid has been announced on wam or Mo's site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom