The UAE Royalty 2: June 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noura, Was Hamdan short or tall in person - he looks somewhat petit in pictures :blush:
Mo certainly has the money, power... good looks, ahem :innocent: :p
I agree, though, it does make one wonder if most of the unions are for love or 'duty'.... that's a hard question as only they know..... I always thought that one of the most romantic royal pairings was between King Hussein and Queen Alia of Jordan -as they looked madly in love..... and the union was also in a sense politically correct, but you get the impression - at least I do - that they would have married even if she wasn't of the right 'lineage'.

Bibi, I'm writing a looong mail to you know, you better delete half your received mails to avoid possible errors, cuz this one will probably beat 'A suitable boy'! :lol:

Noura, do you know anything about Sheikh Ahmed? B)

Lala ;) I look forward to it... I just emailed you cause I wrote sexiest about you know who and I meant sexist.... :innocent:

Hee Hee yeah I meant the son's were good looking. As far as dad, well beauty is in the eyes of the beholder right!? Hamdan seemed to be average hight. Not to sound corny but he looked a bit like Aladin from the Disney movie. very cute and extreamly charismatic.

I don't know but I think baba Rashid was in love with his wife. Also as much as I think we can agree Camilla Parker isn't a looker Charles was in love with her before he got married and 20 plus years later still in love with her. I am total Diana fan but I also think it is sad he didn't feel like he could marry Camilla.

Have you seen Ahamed. He looks quite young but I think he will be tall and will get very nice looking as he gets older.

I think it would be great if Mo's older son got the courage to say he was in love with someone but I really don't see it happening. His dad seems to be a bit of a narcissist and quite controling dosn't he. A great ruler but a also a great self promoter you can't go anywhere in Dubai with out feeling his presence even more then Sk Zayed or Sk Maktoum.

Also I don't remember who it was that asked about there education I think it is not right to not send them to University. They should have the best education money can buy and a chance to fratranize with "normal' people if these are the future rulers of the country and incharge of making decisions for "normal" people.

LaLa, from what I know Sheikh Ahamed bin Mohammed is really sweet he is really close to Hamdan. I saw him in a Starbucks with some people. The seemed to be more like friends not workers. But he is very young maybe 17 I think. I don't know for sure.

I don't know two much about the American's I saw Hamdan with but that one was or is Sk Rashid girlfriend for a while. Have you heard anything about this?

Rashid isn't as cute but seems to command a presence of power more like his father. Hamdan and Ahamed seem more easy going fun loveing from my observations.

Do yo think Mo and Haya are a total political move or do you think there is some substace there. I know they both love horses but she seems very liberal.

Opss, Noura. Sheikh Ahmed bin Mo is too young for me. :rolleyes: I was talking about Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed, sorry I should have specified that. What is he like? Do you know anything about Sheikh Mo's daughters. I read an article about his daughter Sheikha Shamsa eloping. I wonder what happened to her after that. Obviously, his daughter Manal will be getting married this year – and he himself to PHaya.

Narcissist – that's it. That's what Mo is.

No I don't know to much about the other Ahmed. I was thinking to myself you don't write like a teenage girl but hey maybe you are into really young boys :p

I really don't know much about them but seeing they are into martial arts which tend to be a bit masculine I would suspect they would not be very "good" :ninja: emerati girls. How could you submit to a man knowing if he got out of line you could kick his butt. :eek:

Have you heard anything about this Sk Marwan who is supposed to be the eldest of Mo's kids but by a german woman. I heard all kinds of scandle about it when I was there but no real substance.

Hey does anyone know about Hayas brother Prince Ali al Hussein? He looks cute. what is his story?

Originally posted by Noura@Jun 6th, 2004 - 11:50 pm
No I don't know to much about the other Ahmed. I was thinking to myself you don't write like a teenage girl but hey maybe you are into really young boys :p
:D That was a good one!

The last puzzle of the jigsaw. I have always thought highly of Sheikh Mo, I have to admit that. :blush: This due to the propaganda I read on his homepage and all those oh-so in-depth articles and interviews I read about him.

His being a womanizer is quite new to me but it is sinkin' in. It's fully possible that the child is his! Any rumour highlighting his liasions to different women won't stun me anymore. We all know that he got his education in UK and that he owns mansions there and travel there often so you never know.

I wonder what PHaya was thinking! I wonder why she put herself in a situation like this? And yes, she IS liberal.

Haya and Mo my only thought it is political. I mean she has money power freedom respect and is pretty she could have anyone she wanted. Jordon and Dubai have a close political union now. I mean he has so many children do you think they will have any?

Nice to see we're staying active. Welcome Noura and QueenB. :flower:

I'm not surprised to hear the boys have girlfriends. The fact they're American surprises me somewhat. I would have guessed European. Maybe I should go to Dubai so I can see them. I don't know, however, if I could justify going half way around the world to hang out at Starbucks when there is one on every corner here.

They will probably have children. It is un-Islamic to not have children if you can are able to have. Also, this is probably the easiest way for her to enhance her status, that is to say, by borning children, sons preferably, perhaps as well as making sure she will be well-off even if he divorces her. I do not think she was forced to marry him. I believe she chose to marry him (for the money first and foremost), it is more or less a love-marriage in that respect but it was probably also 'partly' arranged cuz Abdullah and Mo are close friends!

Originally posted by pallas athina@Jun 7th, 2004 - 12:38 am
Nice to see we're staying active. Welcome Noura and QueenB. :flower:

I'm not surprised to hear the boys have girlfriends. The fact they're American surprises me somewhat. I would have guessed European. Maybe I should go to Dubai so I can see them. I don't know, however, if I could justify going half way around the world to hang out at Starbucks when there is one on every corner here.
Yes! I thought the fire was gone but I was so wrong!

Originally posted by La la@Jun 6th, 2004 - 7:41 pm
They will probably have children. It is un-Islamic to not have children if you can are able to have. Also, this is the easiest way for her to enhance her status, preferably borne him sons, perhaps as well as making sure she will be well-off even if he divorces her. I do not think she was forced to marry him. I believe she chose to marry him (for the money first and foremost), it is more or less a love-marriage in that respect but it was probably also 'partly' arranged cuz Abdullah and Mo are close friends!
Hi La la,

i agree with you. I think she did marry him for money & status. i don't agree with the whole polygamy thing though. I feel very sorry for his first wife....S.Hind was it?

Yup, I feel sorry for her too. I remember that some people thought PHaya would have a stronger position than that of Hinds, as she is photographed with Mo and keeps him company everywhere and they share the passion for horses. I don't think so.

He would never chose Haya over Hind. Sheikha Hind has been his campanion of 25 years and the mother of his children (most of them) and not to mention the mother of SHamdan and SRashid. If that isn't enuf' they belong to the same tribe and one should never underestimate that! PHaya has put herself in an ambivalent and difficult situation.

For money isn't her family quite well off? He is a very strong personality and so is she I think they will have a good union be it love or money. I just feel bad for Hind. She has around 11 kids and I heard she is expecting a 12th (I call her the human incubater) and she doesn't go out. She is a cousin of Mo's so I assume it was arranged. Maybe she is happy but I can't imagine. All the money in the world couldn't make me happy like that.

Haya is very smart and strong willed I wounder if Mo will embrace this quality or shun it.

I think you give Mo to much credit La La Mo breeds children the same way he breeds horses. It's all about the blood line. I am sure he has nothing but respect for Hind and her for him but there main place, I am guessing, is for the purpose of procreation.

Mo announced that at the end of the year there will be a huge wedding celebration, celebrating his and Haya's matrimony... I think it is financial and political union... The polygamy thing totally sucks, so outdated - although if I was allowed 4 husbands...... :innocent: :p They probably will have kids...

I always get Rashid and Hamdan confused... is there any way to tell them apart?
Mo has to be in the news so people all over the world can get used to him, get to know him - he wants Dubai to be the dominating business sector of the ME, and right now practically every 'modern' ME Country is striving for the same... The more people know him, the more opportunity it means for Dubai...
How many kids does Mo have then? He has more than the ones listed on his site?

Noura, Hehehehehe, even with all his money, Mo is still lacking in the looks depo.... what was your favorite spot in Dubai? Sheikh Ahmed - is that the little, little bro of Hamdan and Rashid - there's another older one, younger than Hamdan and Rashid who is also photographed often....

Does anyone know anything about the Qatari Princes? :heart:

Isn't that kind of sad though if Mo only marries to breed.... should that be the case, no wonder he would marry so much - there's no fulfilment in it. :cry:

Of course, but that's exactly what I was trying to say. :rolleyes:

It's all about 'blood' and wealth; love is not important. I suppose they care for one another but Hind has a 'grander' prestige than Haya will ever have. Nevertheless, I hope she is happy with him. I feel sorry her too.

Lala, are Mo and Haya photographed often? And if S Hind ever photographed? I agree though, she's been around in Mo's life a lot longer than Haya and she's the Mom to he two older sons.. I am sure she has a strong position, I mean all these years, she's been consistently with him... But perhaps she and Mo share more of a friendship/partnership than love match.... I've noticed she also does a lot of different projects throughout Dubai, that may be her focus after her kids.
Does S Hind share a love for horses? As her sons ride.....

Bibi, I haven't finished my 'book about you' yet sweetie. It's 2.30 am. I have to go to sleep, do you think you can give me dispense till tomorrow? :rolleyes:

Lala :p: With all the polygamist marriages, no wonder it's raining Sheikhs... there's no need to worry about blood lines ending, there are enough heirs to keep them covered for generations!

Lala.... NO I WON'T WAIT TILL TOMORROW :angry:
HAHAHAHAHAHA :p, just kidding.... Sure Girl... it's no problem... it's only 8:34 PM here... but have a nice night! :flower:

There are pictures of her for the public to access even though pictures of her are published on news papers! SC told me that on Sheikh Mo was riding or something on their wedding ceremony... but I don't think she shares his passion for horses. Most of the wives don't.

Queen B I will give you a vauge outline of what I know of the bin Mohammed Maktoum boys. Sk Marwan who is not totally recognized and not much is known of his mom other than she is German and he is I think around late 20's then Hinds childern Sk Rashid who is 22-23 Sk Hamdan 21-22 then Maktoum 20 Ahamed 17-18 then there is a couple much younger shk Masoor and Shk Saeed there is a Shk Majid who is from a either Morrocan wife or Lebanese and he is around I think 16.

:D I'll post what i have written so far now and I will write and send the rest tomorrow! Is that ok? *I'm hungry*

It looks like Maktoum and Saeed have the same mother, they look alike. Has anyone thought of that?

Hehehehe, Lala, take your time..... Get some sleep!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Noura, thanks so much for the rundown of the Maktoum boys.... Is Sheikh Marwan not recognized at all? Then he'd just be Marwan I would think :unsure: .... Are there any photos of him online? Hmmm, that's really sad :cry: .....
Sheikh Maktoum - that's the one that I've seen in pics... ahem :shock: .... got more of Dad's genes.... is he also Hind's child?
The two smaller ones I thought were little little - but that's because the pictures on Mo's site are outdated.... hint hint ;) to Mo - Please update the site pictures.... hehehehe, even if it is just for us to ogle his older sons :innocent:

Maktoum bin Mohamed and Saeed bin Mohammed do have the same mother if that is who you are refering to. Hind is there mom. All of the photos on Mo's site are Hinds children. There may be one of Majid who is not Hinds on Mo's site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom